Blogging = Suspension for unfortunate students

AThousandLies

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm i think everyone should be banned from myspace and xanga. at least not until ppl start acting less emo for the sake of it and designing eye watteringly horrible webpages

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you're looking for a neo-nazi, forget Bush, go find this guy!

I can't believe it! Surely if a blog page was highly offensive it would have been removed by the administrator anyway? This guy is just oppressing freedom of speech. Usually I'm all for keeping school children in line but this takes it too far.

i think schools need to restrict only at the school

if parents can't get up off there butts and raise there own god dammed children... then they don't deserve to have there children

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

What's next, ban digital contact with everybody who lives outside your little redneck community?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Oh wonderful, yet another way to pointlessly try and protect the frankly idiotic few who try and meet up with people they've met over such places, where the majority just use it for safer purposes.

Prevention may be the ultimate cure, but surely this is over the top?

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

What's next, ban digital contact with everybody who lives outside your little redneck community?

Like China? :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Like China? :D

Seriously?? schater.gif

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Everything is filtered in China. Blogging is illegal (or at least you can only write pro china stuff on official sites) and most news sources are also banned. The entire internet network in china is censored. :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Everything is filtered in China. Blogging is illegal (or at least you can only write pro china stuff on official sites) and most news sources are also banned. The entire internet network in china is censored. :D

My site cannot be accessed from china :evil:

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Kid in my school (Australia) got suspended for posting on the grade 12s personal website that he thought it wasn't fair that the school won't allow them to have a party after the formal.
I find it VERY hard to belive thats the whole story. I have a strong feeling that this guy wrote a little more than a harmless rant.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Kid in my school (Australia) got suspended for posting on the grade 12s personal website that he thought it wasn't fair that the school won't allow them to have a party after the formal.
I find it VERY hard to belive thats the whole story. I have a strong feeling that this guy wrote a little more than a harmless rant.

unfortunatly its illegal now adays to express violent thoughts

a kid was asked recently to write a story... he wrote one with violance and was kicked out of school or something much harsher then it shoulda been

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Yay, Thought Police!

Doesn't the US have a First Amendment for a reason? From what I've heard, it's been largely overlooked in recent years.

Bloody stupid. It's not the school's business what the students think or say about it. If the students are saying that one thing or another is bad, then bloody well do something about it rather than trying to censor the comments. Personally, I think that the school in question would rather that students didn't post anything that would give a negative image of their institution, because it'll mean the potential loss of income from overly suggestible parents.

What's next, the bloody Inquisition?

Meh, it will be very hard to check as long as the kids are careful about their personal details and don't acces their blogs from the school network. If anything, this will probably cause a rise in the amount of bloggers in their school, because kids that age will often do something just because it's illegal...

What's next, the bloody Inquisition?

Shsssh -- you're not meant to expect it.

Yeah, well schools are stupid when it comes to computers. People who haven't any idea when it comes to computers seem the most eager to run the show when it comes to who can do what. It's a shame, but that's how it seems to happen.

I bet they're the type to use all the new buzzwords, too.

Meh, it will be very hard to check as long as the kids are careful about their personal details and don't acces their blogs from the school network. If anything, this will probably cause a rise in the amount of bloggers in their school, because kids that age will often do something just because it's illegal...

yeah thats what I was thinking, or at least the upperclassmen will. 9th graders are so small :P anyway, that would be a really hard rule to enforce.

Thats pretty sad, but heh its a private school and private schools can do whatever they want lol

Pdj.png

[02] -RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 444,384 prayer exp in 5secs. That's 319,956,480 exp/h.