26-Nov-09 Thanksgiving & Community Event (UNTIL DEC 7TH)

Toad

Found Lactopher near the General store in lumby. Got the items and talked to him. The itemes are still in my inventory. I thought I was giveing to him, but guess not. He told me the next contact.

You don't actually give the items to any of the contacts. You just need to talk to them while having the exact items needed in your inventory.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really want to read all 17 pages of this thread..so sorry if it's already been asked/answered.

Is the only reward the magnifying glass/emote? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks.

That's it. Not the best reward considering it lasted it 4 days but it was fun and challenging.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

So, I finished the event, and got my reward! :D

Though, I do have a question. How do you figure out the items to speak to the final person? Somebody just told the the items required, and I didn't even try to solve it.

In case you want to know about the answers here they are:

[hide=Items Required]NPC: Roddeck

Items: 8 chisels, 3 eggs, 234 gp

Clue: Active game player rescues our cliff imp (Creative Play: Forum Specific Rules)[/hide]

I just can't seem to know where exactly you find the clue, for the items. Help anyone? (Please post the link!)

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

So, I finished the event, and got my reward! :D

Though, I do have a question. How do you figure out the items to speak to the final person? Somebody just told the the items required, and I didn't even try to solve it.

In case you want to know about the answers here they are:

[hide=Items Required]NPC: Roddeck

Items: 8 chisels, 3 eggs, 234 gp

Clue: Active game player rescues our cliff imp (Creative Play: Forum Specific Rules)[/hide]

I just can't seem to know where exactly you find the clue, for the items. Help anyone? (Please post the link!)

On the official runescape forums at the top of each, right below the title is a link saying "forum specific rules"

In the creative gameplay forum this page has 3 puzzles, that work out to egg, chisel and 234gp

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Thanks, Paw Claw!

I just wanted to find out what the riddles are, that's why I'm asking. :P

[hide=How to figure out each]Puzzle 1:

Mod Mark H is not a female, therefore he would not have a princess crown. Therefore, he is lying.

Mod Crow said the other two are "lesser beings". This is clearly not the case, as all 3 have the same rank: Jagex mod.

Mod Kathy is telling the truth, as her statement on Mod Crow not being a real bird is true.

Therefore, you need 3 eggs.

Puzzle 2:

The chisel is the odd one out. All the other items are produced items from Crafting, the chisel is a tool for Crafting.

Therefore, you need 8 chisels.

Puzzle 3:

13 knights x 3 squires x 3 mules x 2 packs = 234. Each pack has 1 coin, so the total gp is 234.

Therefore, you need 234 gp. [/hide]

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I don't really want to read all 17 pages of this thread..so sorry if it's already been asked/answered.

Thanks.

That's it. Not the best reward considering it lasted it 4 days but it was fun and challenging.

Yea, because a glorified scavenger hunt that anyone level 3 can do should totally reward you with a bajillion expees and a new uber-whip. :rolleyes:

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Thanks.

Yea, because a glorified scavenger hunt that anyone level 3 can do should totally reward you with a bajillion expees and a new uber-whip. :rolleyes:

I can't see where in my post I said that. What I meant was it would have been cool to have something like a Sherlock Holmes outfit or something like that.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Thanks.

I can't see where in my post I said that. What I meant was it would have been cool to have something like a Sherlock Holmes outfit or something like that.

They will probably release 1 item per event as to stretch it out for longer.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Thanks.

They will probably release 1 item per event as to stretch it out for longer.

There is a strong indication that there is a whole outfit and yeah they are going to do it one piece at a time.

I kind of feel sorry that people won't have the whole outfit unless they start now, kind of like how I regret not picking up the scythe earlier and having a reaper hood with absolutely no purpose.

The santa suit was just pandering to people with santa hats. :P

8f14270694.jpg

should have been against the rules to share any info about the clues, or an easier way to do tha would be to make them slightly different for each person.

They were hiding them on the RSOF and asked fansites not to allow people to post them, but they can't make it against the rules to share answers to the clues.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

should have been against the rules to share any info about the clues, or an easier way to do tha would be to make them slightly different for each person.

They were hiding them on the RSOF and asked fansites not to allow people to post them, but they can't make it against the rules to share answers to the clues.

Yup, I don't mind honestly, I hid it so it's optional spoiler really, and solving it as a community is fun it's a "community" event anyway, and we all contributed over the 4 days so team based riddles really didn't hurt anybody, plus it's a limited time period, time is of the essence :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Wait, so the holiday event is solving these clues daily, and then what? I just killed those turkeys and thought I was done with it. The reward is a glass?? (I didn't get anything for killing those turkeys)

Do clues daily to get a manifying glass, thats for cryptic clues, the turkeys are for last years emote

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png