26-Nov-09 Thanksgiving & Community Event (UNTIL DEC 7TH)

Toad

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so its gotta be:

2 buckets of milk for the cake making

7 fishing bait or feathers for the herring one

227 gold coins (C = 100 so CC = 200, X = 10, so XX = 20, VII = 7)

The last one has me stumped though: the clues seem to be iron, nail, a tool, used in construction AND some sort of armour

Uhm.. Wouldn't the last one be a...

[hide].. Hammer o.O[/hide]

I think it must be, but at the same time how does a hammer protect you're body?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

so its gotta be:

2 buckets of milk for the cake making

7 fishing bait or feathers for the herring one

227 gold coins (C = 100 so CC = 200, X = 10, so XX = 20, VII = 7)

The last one has me stumped though: the clues seem to be iron, nail, a tool, used in construction AND some sort of armour

Ahem, hit the nail on the head with one of these = HAMMER.

09144a99bb.png

Next one is the dwarf in the house outside falador :D

Erm no.

The clue says the man sells pricey rocks in the west of the white city.

White City = fally

pricey rocks = gem stones

west fally = gem store

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[hide=Location of next person]"White City" = Falador

"Pricey Stones" = Gem Trader[/hide]

This is confirmed.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This is confirmed.

Can't be confirmed 100% until tomorrow night ;) but yeah its pretty much that lol.

Lol says the guy who two minutes ago was certain it was Doric?

Despite the fact the clue basically out right says

The seller of gem stones in west falador

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Next one is the dwarf in the house outside falador :D

Hide your spoilers next time, not everyone wants to know the answer before the riddle.

2 Days down, 2 to go! :grin:

I'm boycotting the thanksgiving event by all means, I do not see it fair for the colonies to get an event specific to them. If they get an event then the rset of the world should have a specific event. For example May day in UK (best I could come up with ATM) or even better scrap thanksgiving and have 11-11 (I know that's already been) that event means more to the world than thanksgiving which only means something to 400M/7B people. People may reply and hate me for it but I do not think it is right for an colonist event on a British game.

N.B by colonists I mean America and Canada (as I can't be bothered to repeat them words over and over).

Thanks. J J.

EDIT: I just noticed there is 2 Thanksgiving based threads, I believe this one is on the wrong thread. is it possible to move the post who should I just copy and paste?

Jersey_Jords.png

Jersey_Jords.png

I'm boycotting the thanksgiving event by all means, I do not see it fair for the colonies to get an event specific to them. If they get an event then the rset of the world should have a specific event. For example May day in UK (best I could come up with ATM) or even better scrap thanksgiving and have 11-11 (I know that's already been) that event means more to the world than thanksgiving which only means something to 400M/7B people. People may reply and hate me for it but I do not think it is right for an colonist event on a British game.

N.B by colonists I mean America and Canada (as I can't be bothered to repeat them words over and over).

Thanks. J J.

I'm Jewish and none of the events from the beginning of Runescape ever meant anything to me personaly. I don't mind though, I'm not sure I'd want a Passover or Purim events anyway. I couldn't care less if the event is specific to even only a fraction of the world's population, I enjoy said events anyway :D.

P.S. re-reading your post revealed that if you simply typed America and Canada instead of 'colonies', and scarpped that last sentence you would have typed less B) B) B) ...

So thats what they ment with reading between the lines. #-o

Jagex 1 - Me 0

yep got me too, and there I was reading and re-reading the text very, very carefully #-o

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

Is talking to the Nov 27th contact not working for anyone else? I'm pretty sure I have the right items but all I can say is I don't want to talk to you and do you want to trade.

Ha, I was thinking to far ahead for my own good, never mind.

How did you figure out the buckets of milk, 7 baits, 227 coins and 4 hammers?

You have to read between the lines. :P

[hide=Spoiler in a hide tag since many people dont like using them]

Highlight the areas between the clues.

[/hide]

This is confirmed.

Can't be confirmed 100% until tomorrow night ;) but yeah its pretty much that lol.

Lol says the guy who two minutes ago was certain it was Doric?

Despite the fact the clue basically out right says

The seller of gem stones in west falador

Sure. I was certain, I skim read white city, rocks (dwarves..) and I took a wild guess. You can't tell me you've never been wrong about something before.

I suggest you get off your high throne and take a seat with the rest of us.

Does anyone else have the items needed, but when you talk to him it doesn't do anything?

I have 2 buckets of milk, 7 fishing bait, 4 hammers, and 227 gp. What am I doing wrong?

S2buxtG.png

Just a note to people. You must have EXACTLY the number of items they want. No more, no less. I was there with the right amount of items except 31M cash pile and he didn't seem to want to talk to me :mellow: Dropped it all and asked a noob for 227 gp :thumbsup:

I met 2 people that I hadn't seen in a long time, so I am loving this event.