Living rock patriarchs - does Jagex update things in the game for individual players?

Jard_Y_Dooku

Now, I'd like to discuss a little something I find odd. First of all, any of you that use my monster examine guide will know that my site is currently down, but I've still been working on the guide and it will return ASAP. One of the newer monsters, Living rock patriarchs, is the only one I haven't already scanned and have in my archive.

Now there's something special about this monster. Unlike a NORMAL monster, it appears once every hour or so, in a random damn place which I don't know where the hell is. I'm willing to sit there for 16 hours getting the scan - I've done that once before (for Crondis), but I don't even know where to wait!

Now my question is, do you think employees at Jagex are aware of my guide and find it funny to put things such as this in the game to annoy me or present a challenge to my guide's completion? I'm actually seriously wondering if this is true. I guess I'll sit in the northwest corner for a few hours in world 2... supposedly that's there they spawn.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

They're totally doing it to piss you off. Obviously, the whole reason they created the patriarch was to make sure your guide would never be completed.

Seriously though, you got as much chance as everyone else there to encounter it, and since it's random you must have missed it before it got killed.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I feel like a better way to combat this would be to ask some of the people who are often there to scan it if they could and send it to you.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I've encountered about 8 of them while mining gold, always in the large area to the north east of the bank/exit

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've only seen one patriach in 3 mining levels and 2 slayer tasks there, and it was pretty much just west of the bank deposit pulley. I've heard of more people killing patriarchs than I've seen though, so I don't think their actually that rare.

And Jagex only updates for single players in the sense that if someone found a way to dupe again or another cheat they'd fix it obviously.

Lagatag.png

jard, sometimes the ridiculousness of things you say really amazes me.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Might as well go train mining/fishing down there for a bit, and keep the runes on you. Hey, it got me 8 Pat. kills and 11 total sightings.

No offense, but you're not that important. :) None of us is.

FTR, I leveled Fishing from 82 to 90, and Mining from 77 to 85 there, and killed hundreds of them for minerals -- never seen one, ever.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

You're bound to see one eventually.

They spawn 1 every 2 hours (assuming the previous one is dead), just stay in the exact same place and iuts gotta spawn there at some point

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They spawn 1 every 2 hours (assuming the previous one is dead), just stay in the exact same place and iuts gotta spawn there at some point

Do they really? I never knew they had an actual timetable.

Of course, you could just wait 2 hours then search around the entire Caverns to find it.

I was there for a slayer task and I found and killed him twice.

Jagex added a new area for people to mine/fish/train and if they are lucky enough to find him and kill him they will be awarded with around 253k worth of items (excluding mining any mineral ores). Sure Jagex didn't have to add the Living rock patriarch to the game, but they wanted to and they did. I find it a good idea.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Do they really? I never knew they had an actual timetable.

Of course, you could just wait 2 hours then search around the entire Caverns to find it.

Everything I've read says 2 hours Not sure if its 2hours set or simply 2 hours post-death

And from time in there mining 2 hours seems to be about right.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

They arent that rare on spawn as you see one every 10 hours at my spot where i fish and no one ever attacks it it seems like

Ive seen 1 and killed 1 in 2 fish levels down there though

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

I would hope not, that would really be bad. But I really thank you are having a hard time being at the right place at the right time, insted of jagex trying to get your angry.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Aaaand, Jard never came back to this topic :rolleyes: . I guess he's feeling a little embarrassed now that he realizes how self-centered he sounded :oops: . Realistically, Jagex would not make an update for one player.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Found numerous other sites with the examine asides your own.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Aaaand, Jard never came back to this topic :rolleyes: . I guess he's feeling a little embarrassed now that he realizes how self-centered he sounded :oops: . Realistically, Jagex would not make an update for one player.

Actually, he suffocated. It's extremely hard to breath when your head is continually stuffed in such a small, enclosed space.

emot-ms.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

As soon as i saw who the creater of the thread was, i almost predicted your post line for line. but get real here.. if you desperately needed the examine, i'm sure people would gladly send it to you. and if you REALLY want to find one, i'm sure world hopping or a patriarch clan would help.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I really don't think it's impossible that a Jagex employee didn't come up with an idea based off of my actions. Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I think it's just funny to think that COULD have happened. You all seem to have taken the topic in the wrong light.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.