The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I don't know who is f2p but there are 4 people above you for daily gains (and 16 for weekend gains) here: http://runetracker.org/eventrecords-8,6

But to be ranked that high between p2p seems to be an impressive feat :D

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Nice, thank you for pointing out that page.  I only really went for one day though, ran out of supplies, energy, and money lol.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

My F2P gains this weekend..so close to first.  I don't know if anyone's done more Cook xp :P

It looks like you beat out Water's old record for the top spot - this website tracks F2Pers: http://hs.4fan.cz/top_gains.php (Maybe email the owner and ask to be put on, along with your records.)

-----

Unrelated: Is the Grouping System still not working correctly for anyone else?  After today's patch I expected F2P'ers would finally be able to join public groups, yet it still fails to find groups....  I'd be ok with it (though disappointed of course) if they just outright said it's a members-only feature and that it's working "as intended", but as it currently exists it just seems to be a bug that they haven't noticed.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

My F2P gains this weekend..so close to first.  I don't know if anyone's done more Cook xp :P

It looks like you beat out Water's old record for the top spot - this website tracks F2Pers: http://hs.4fan.cz/top_gains.php (Maybe email the owner and ask to be put on, along with your records.)

-----

Unrelated: Is the Grouping System still not working correctly for anyone else?  After today's patch I expected F2P'ers would finally be able to join public groups, yet it still fails to find groups....  I'd be ok with it if they just outright said it's a members-only feature, but as it currently exists it just seems to be a bug that they haven't noticed.

I am aware of that website but I don't care too much.  I know what I accomplished and they can put it or not put it as they feel like.  I don't currently utilize the group system so I'm not sure on the second point.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I think Water did the Cooking without Bxpw I think.

Anyone know of the Prayer Exp for Bones & Big Bones using Cremation on Maple & Yew Fires?

Going for 200M All Skills on Matt258. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RuneScape

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

I think Water did the Cooking without Bxpw I think.

Anyone know of the Prayer Exp for Bones & Big Bones using Cremation on Maple & Yew Fires?

It's just 2.5x the normal amount.  So 4.5*2.5 = 11.25 for bones and 15*2.5 = 37.5 for bbones.  The type of fire used is irrelevant.

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

• 1 month later...

Oh holy crap I missed an event that gives f2p the ability to get 2.5x exp on bones...

This makes me a sad panda.

It's a rare drop from ghosts, hopefully that includes free players.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Oh holy crap I missed an event that gives f2p the ability to get 2.5x exp on bones...

Allegedly you can get it as a rare drop from killing ghosts and other ghost-type monsters. Allegedly.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Allegedly you can get it as a rare drop from killing ghosts and other ghost-type monsters. Allegedly.

Haha actually I can confirm that it does drop, I looked into it and killed a bunch of ghosts. 2.5x is crazy, I can afford 99 prayer now o.O

• Like 2

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

Haha actually I can confirm that it does drop, I looked into it and killed a bunch of ghosts. 2.5x is crazy, I can afford 99 prayer now o.O

How many ghosts did you kill, out of curiosity?  My friend was at it for hours and managed a couple pieces of Ghost Hunter armour but I think he gave up on the ability.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

How could a measure that got taken AFTER DG got implemented be so hard to remove from the code? Oo

It just screams "you must become member to use this F2P skill".

They won't just remove it. Because the cap is there for a reason, they would need to fix the original problem (getting more xp in f2p worlds than in members), which seems to be hard.

• Like 1

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

How could a measure that got taken AFTER DG got implemented be so hard to remove from the code? Oo

It just screams "you must become member to use this F2P skill".

They won't just remove it. Because the cap is there for a reason, they would need to fix the original problem (getting more xp in f2p worlds than in members), which seems to be hard.

I don't see a horrible problem with getting better xp in F2P worlds for the lower floors. It's not going to ruin their beautiful hiscores table anymore obviously, and it's not going to be faster xp for high levels once they can access warped/occult. If anything it brings P2P over to the F2P side for a little while and who knows, maybe earns them more subscribers.

And regarding the fix, how about just deleting whichever variable depends on combat level? Clearly that enters somewhere into their formula.

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

What about they just flat out give a 'members boost' to Dungeoneering xp after floors on P2P worlds? At least they can get points for honesty!  <.<

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Even if dung were faster to train in f2p than p2p on the lower leveled floors I don't see a problem.  There isn't anywhere that states xp in members must be better than xp in freeplay at all times.  The only reason this is the case most of the time is because members get new content which is generally better to train with.

At the very least they should change how the penalty works.  It's not fair that level 90s get half the xp level 89s do for practically the same work.  The penalty should go up several percent every level.

BmkSbxS.png

As I saw a huge "subscribe" button and all other stuff advertising members when I made my new account I honestly think jagex doesn't really care about f2p...

Retired item crew

Even if dung were faster to train in f2p than p2p on the lower leveled floors I don't see a problem.  There isn't anywhere that states xp in members must be better than xp in freeplay at all times.  The only reason this is the case most of the time is because members get new content which is generally better to train with.

At the very least they should change how the penalty works.  It's not fair that level 90s get half the xp level 89s do for practically the same work.  The penalty should go up several percent every level.

This is what you're thinking the XP looks like qualitatively:

8L15EdV.png

and this is what it ACTUALLY looks like

CombatXP.png

(only the relative quotient between values really matters).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png