The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

I started the F2P challenge a long time ago when F2P was still very great. F2P has a far more relaxed atmosphere than P2P. It's okay to stand at the bank doing nothing, while in P2P there are always daily challenges, farm runs, warbands, sinkholes, citadel and so on. In F2P you sometimes have the feeling that you've got nothing to do, so you'll just spend some time chatting with random people. I barely see anyone doing that in P2P :P

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

^that is why I don't care about dailies/weeklies anymore. I will just do those that I stumble across by accident (penguins and circus for example). I also don't do daily challenges, as I want to decide for myself what to do and most of the require you to give the made items, which is not really handy for ironman ;)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

It's also not convenient for any F2P player to hand in items, because 99% of the time you get P2P items back in exchange. This makes especially the Smithing challenge too expensive to be of use. :mellow:

Really jagex? That is sad...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Even assuming you would get back an equal amount of F2P items/stuff, the XP rate for making a bunch of daggers is kind of subpar anyway.

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any f2p centered clan/guest/friend/(whatever they are now called) chats. I am burning bones and there is not a whole lot of interaction going on... and would like to talk/read conversations.

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know if bonus xp being f2p is permanent or just for the weekend?  By bonus xp I mean the stuff you get from lamps and can be used anytime for members.  If this happened awhile ago don't hate I play irregularly.

Last time (at least, from what I heard on authority of good secondhand sources) it was the weekend only. I assume this will be the case this weekend as well, unless announced otherwise. But Jagex has surprised us before  :rolleyes: .

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Too bad, it's a shame they give us all this bonus xp we can almost never use.  At least I have a good reason to play this weekend.

Yeah they want to entice people to buy membership by any means possible.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Meh, they shouldn't make it possible to use bonus xp in F2P, it's not SpinToWin <_<

Is it possibly a coding issue that causes this at any rate? Or just Jagex being lazy lol.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Until we can transfer stats, I'm not really interested tbh. It's also a little too late now :^_^:

Meh, they shouldn't make it possible to use bonus xp in F2P, it's not SpinToWin <_<

Is it possibly a coding issue that causes this at any rate? Or just Jagex being lazy lol.

It's Jagex so obviously lazy :P

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

I'm not in an F2P clan, but I guess there's TFS and a few others? Drawing a blank on names right now...

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

• 3 weeks later...

The Nexus is now F2P.

BRB Nexus to 200M Prayer :)

I hate to burst your bubble but isn't it capped at ~40K xp total? :P

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

The Nexus is now F2P.

BRB Nexus to 200M Prayer :)

I hate to burst your bubble but isn't it capped at ~40K xp total? :P
Yepp

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?