The F2P General Discussion Thread

lionesshunt

The Nexus is now F2P.

BRB Nexus to 200M Prayer :)
I hate to burst your bubble but isn't it capped at ~40K xp total? :P
Yepp

I always read everything but somehow still missed this :blink: Well, it's good I guess, everyone can get Protect From Ranged for free, better than burying bones at chaos altar as I did back in the day :rolleyes:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Burying bones at the chaos altar? Did that grant extra xp or was it just a source of free bones? Either way it sounds like you would have been there a while! :lol:

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Burying bones at the chaos altar? Did that grant extra xp or was it just a source of free bones? Either way it sounds like you would have been there a while! :lol:

Just a source of free bones :) The boneyard yields a better selection of bones, though. That's where I used to train prayer some eight years ago.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Just a source of free bones :) The boneyard yields a better selection of bones, though. That's where I used to train prayer some eight years ago.

I was scared to go deeper in the Wilderness and was wearing Monk robes believing the prayer bonus would give more XP. I was such a noob :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Although it is kind of buried in the Patch Notes, this seems like it could be a big deal:

Non-degradeable free-to-play level 55 combat gear has been added as rewards:
  • Gud raider axe.
  • Gud raider chainbody (power-type).
  • Gud raider shield.

I hope they didn't just axe gravite weaponry (sans 2H), if you know what I mean.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Although it is kind of buried in the Patch Notes, this seems like it could be a big deal:

Non-degradeable free-to-play level 55 combat gear has been added as rewards:
  • Gud raider axe.
  • Gud raider chainbody (power-type).
  • Gud raider shield.

I hope they didn't just axe gravite weaponry (sans 2H), if you know what I mean.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Gud_raider_axe

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Gravite_2h_sword

I don't think so. :)

Dart.jpg

A Wiki page that isn't even updated to include stat information yet doesn't really prove anything :P. Unless it really is a cosmetic weapon that requires 55 Attack for some absurd reason.

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Ok that's why I though it was strange that it was showing blank! But the Gud chainmail is slightly better than the Rune plate because it gives +20 str but the same armor.

Dart.jpg

Ok that's why I though it was strange that it was showing blank! But the Gud chainmail is slightly better than the Rune plate because it gives +20 str but the same armor.

Yep, assuming that's correct that will undoubtedly become a valuable asset for F2P from now on. Depending on how much one needs to farm for it, you could even skip Dragon Slayer now :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Yep, assuming that's correct that will undoubtedly become a valuable asset for F2P from now on. Depending on how much one needs to farm for it, you could even skip Dragon Slayer now :P.

Unles it's as rare as dragonstone armour :P

Apparently the stuff is tradeable, though it won't buy even well over med price for me. Oh well <_<. Stats for that axe:

9H5sUbY.png

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

It's going to be weird seeing people mix the rune and gud raider chainbody together.  Personally I dislike how endgame f2p content gets released with such an easy minigame (unless it has been made harder since I last played it).

BmkSbxS.png

From what I have heard (admittedly, only one friend, but they seem to have some experience, rune armour, and gravite weaponry), you may be underestimating the difficulty of goblin raids, and also the frequency of drop. I'll have to try it out for myself soon.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Huge gold star to the JMod(s) (Kelpie + ninjas?) who got this done, very pleased to hear it!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

i still don't know how they screwed up so hard that they couldn't undo one modifier, unless it was more than one, in which case, WHY

It was more like they didn't care, because it was f2p.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

It was a quick, rushed fix to add it in the first place, and sometimes taking out a bit of code is like playing with a house of cards. My guess would be it was something closer in the middle, i.e, two or three hours of coding when they got down to it, but just kept deferring the project because they had no extra coders available or because it was lower priority.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png