19-Jan-2010 - Barbarian Assault Improvements

Da_Latios

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what exactly happened here?

did they roll back the patch or something? :|

I just checked the forums, and there was NO patch notes for this week. So, I'm assuming they forgot to post them.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This needs merging with the other thread ASAP.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Well once your at 80 mining these days its not to bad. Not really sure mining was a great choice for it (since we already have sc picks), herblore would have been better in my view.

SC picks last about 15k exp compared with the other items which can last as long as 60k exp, the mining SC reward has always been less.

To get to 80 mining you need a lot of time just clicking left and right. The best exp/hour is pretty much the same from 15 and up.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Well once your at 80 mining these days its not to bad. Not really sure mining was a great choice for it (since we already have sc picks), herblore would have been better in my view.

SC picks last about 15k exp compared with the other items which can last as long as 60k exp, the mining SC reward has always been less.

To get to 80 mining you need a lot of time just clicking left and right. The best exp/hour is pretty much the same from 15 and up.

Maybe, but considering its a lot better than it was ie the D&D, sc/d picks and LC.

Hmm, but the 2xcooking is definitely a joke. Its the fastest skill in the game and the cheapest buyable too.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

This won't drive me to play BA as I hate the minigame. Seems like I'll stick to slaying Abbys.

this. it is painful to play and you can't really just jump in and play because most of the team-mates you end up with generally don't have a clue what to do - so you have to search for a team on forums or something.

I hope they tweak the actual game mechanics because it really is a headache and not fun at all

This won't drive me to play BA as I hate the minigame. Seems like I'll stick to slaying Abbys.

this. it is painful to play and you can't really just jump in and play because most of the team-mates you end up with generally don't have a clue what to do - so you have to search for a team on forums or something.

I hope they tweak the actual game mechanics because it really is a headache and not fun at all

I told myself a long time ago the only reason I'd ever play BA is after I get a Challenge Scroll for Champs. Why you might ask? Because the champs music and the two in BA are the only ones I need to get. So if I ever get the one from Champs I'll do BA so I have all the Music.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I am really curious about the following few things:

New Penance trident weapon.

Prayer restoring set bonus.

Sounds like a new competition for the zamorak spear, aka Stab damage! Tridents are 2-handed I assume.

Prayer restoring set bonus, most likely won't be a lot of restoring. But combined with the soul wars cape and fury/stole. That could end up being a lot of prayer time for 0 cost. Love it! Might become extremely usefull in the future!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Does anyone else take issue with the fact that even though they released it on their home page, and everyone knows what it is, that they're hiding everone's threads and stuff on the RSOF that talk about it? I mean what are you trying to keep secret even if for an hour? You screwed up, let it go. Quit trying to hide stuff. Hell throw it back up on the main page. I mean damn. <_<

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Jagex seem to be working they way around the combat mini-games now, don't they?

First soul wars with NR, now BA, what next? CW? Duel Arena?

The only reason I'll probably consider doing this is for the horn..... and if that horn isn't permanent then it'll be annoying <_< but I dare say it'll have the same/higher reqs than the Torso <_<

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Trident is a Magic Staff, 70 Mage req, and KB says:

The penance trident is two-handed. When wielded, it will attempt to 'save' the runes used in any spell. It will do this in the following way:

* The trident finds out how many different rune types you are using for your spell

* For each rune type, the trident makes a 1 in 60 roll

* If successful, the trident will save all runes of that type

For example, an Earth Blast requires 1 death rune, 3 air runes and 4 earth runes. There is a 1 in 60 chance that, once cast, your penance trident will do any one, two or three of these things: save 1 death rune, 3 air runes or 4 earth runes. Your penance trident cannot save only 'some' of the runes of any rune type: for example, it will not save 1 or 2 air runes from the above example, as it will save none or all of any rune type.

Full Penance armor:

Set Bonuses

By wearing a full set of penance gear, you will benefit from the same strange magicks that the penance deal in. By wearing ALL of the following at once, you will find that your prayer points recover over time, at a rate that is faster than how your other stats replenish:

* Any penance hat (fighter, healer, runner or ranger)

* Fighter torso

* Runner boots

* Penance gloves

* Penance skirt

Prayer recovers like hp with full penance armor -> pro for places where you have to use prayer to stay for a long time? (Spiritual Mages camping for instance)

Edit: Torso lost its Strength bonus LOL

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

i think we are seeing the first magic wep with special attack(though it appears its a melee one) and some of the rewards were nerfed, no more str bonus in torso, now the runner boots have +2 str, and the fighter hat no longer gives accuracy boost. I dont like that very much, though the prayer recovery and the trident are good(and agility helping in thieving, hunter and fishing seems awesome)