19-Jan-2010 - Barbarian Assault Improvements

Da_Latios

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tridents special is funny 1 hitko a creature lower then combat 50

Sounds like a Card Game. That one card that can kill anything on the field, but the limitations on it make it useless.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

The full penance armor is absolutely terrible.

3 ppoints per minute is so lousy. If you're using a protection prayer (drain rate of 3 ppoints per second), you end up saving almost 3 ppoints per minute wearing just a neitiznot helm.

not to mention you lose barrows/RFD gloves.

Plus the 1/60 rune return rate for the trident is also really horrible if you lose +10% magic.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Well, penance trident wont do for me. 1/60 savings is nowhere near as rune efficient as +10% damage. And anything under 50 in normal combat... well, I can 3 hit anything under 50 with a mystic staff, and not fear about taking it completely unarmed, so not my thing.

Penance horn maybe so once I get the numbers back on that for agility.

And maybe I'll get me some penanace gloves in there... but since the run update I have to run to the next country to be winded, so probably not.

Of course... white whip may just be mah new thing.

wtf.jpg

Not a fake. Just took it. Dunno why I got a Soul Wars Cape. Oh and if you look at the thick gray catch around the neck that proves it's a SW cape, not just a blue cape.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

One of the things I always liked about the Penance armor was the unique stat bonuses. None of the parts were seriously useful for high level players, but it was still nice to have the option. I especially liked the +2 to ranged and magic on the Runner Boots. I'm pretty disappointed that these bonuses were removed in favor of increased defense. The set bonus is completely useless, too. The trident, while kind of cool, is also useless for higher level players. It doesn't have a damage modifier, the special attack, while cool, isn't going to help me at all, and rune-saving effect is way too scarce at a 1/60 chance.

I think there were some good ideas here, but they weren't implemented very well. I would like to see the original stats restored to all of the penance armors while retaining the set effect (and making it better). I would like to see the trident's effect augmented to be more common. I'd also like to see a damage modifier of at least 5%, which sounds reasonable to me. BA is such a headache-inducing game for a lot of players. I don't think we'll see the armor as a staple in combat, but it'd be nice to have the option.

The double experience in Agility is really nice. I'll probably play BA just for that.

The Agility updates to Thieving, Fishing, and Hunter are odd, but welcomed -- especially for thieving and fishing.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

wtf.jpg

Not a fake. Just took it. Dunno why I got a Soul Wars Cape. Oh and if you look at the thick gray catch around the neck that proves it's a SW cape, not just a blue cape.

It's a known bug I'd alch it if I were you and get something for it before it fades away

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Actually I wouldn't as they could construe that as bug abuse. I haven't used it in any way nor trained with it or anything. I only wore it for that picture. They can have it back.

-edit- Plus you can't alch SW capes.

wtf.jpg

It's a known bug I'd alch it if I were you and get something for it before it fades away

Did you just log in wearing it? Weird kind of bug.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

wtf.jpg

Did you just log in wearing it? Weird kind of bug.

No, it was on my cape rack in my POH.

Jagex tried to put in a nice update. However, they were so obsessed with keeping it balanced and not over-powered, that they simply made it pointless.

You just hit the mark for every update past, present and future. Jagex likes to balance all of their updates so one doesn't overpower the other, however what they fail to realize is that because games like Barbarian Assault and other content is not really all that fun to do, it makes that game or piece of content untouched by the community.

The whole balancing act Jagex is attempting is really quite annoying. We haven't had a weapon OR armor worth fighting with since God Wars was released, and we haven't had a weapon worth training with since Slayer was brought out. If you ask me, it's quite pathetic how combat has been left behind for 2-5 years just because they don't want a weapon to overpower the other.

Stellactic.gif

Jagex tried to put in a nice update. However, they were so obsessed with keeping it balanced and not over-powered, that they simply made it pointless.

You just hit the mark for every update past, present and future. Jagex likes to balance all of their updates so one doesn't overpower the other, however what they fail to realize is that because games like Barbarian Assault and other content is not really all that fun to do, it makes that game or piece of content untouched by the community.

The whole balancing act Jagex is attempting is really quite annoying. We haven't had a weapon OR armor worth fighting with since God Wars was released, and we haven't had a weapon worth training with since Slayer was brought out. If you ask me, it's quite pathetic how combat has been left behind for 2-5 years just because they don't want a weapon to overpower the other.

I agree they should not make another "useless rune armor set", but of course not getting a new better whip each update - you want us to be able to hit 90's+ quite often&fast soon? it'll have to happen at some point if they took your way.

I'm more supporting the kind of balmurg updates - a combat thing wich help more than others only in certain situations, so they don't get completely upper over the old weapon. However they already had it in BA with the special bonuses hats&boots&torso (or specials or cheaper alternatives to others) - but sadly jagex had to nerf it someday... :-|

New staff - way behind other staffs because the lack of 10% bonus damage, tiny chance of giving advantage to single spell, and 2 handed => useless

Full penance set - +3 pray per min, good maybe only for rapid heal while camping/skilling, and not worth the effort of all these hours to get that - even worse deal than the torso => 99.99% useless

Double tuna/swordies/sharks - who fish these todays? isn't it barb fishing/monks/fly rods/cavefish/rocktails nowadays? => useless

Double pickpockets - good only for newbies and those who get seeds from master farmers....

Butterflies with more xp and less equipment - ivies for hunter? it'll just get more 99's, making the hunter skillcape way more common, the d imps competition even worse and increasin the already high red chins/grenwalls price (less hunting therm...and they have a serious demand) => fail

Penance gloves - now removing 7kg instead of 4kg! yay us?...with all removing weight we already got and agility energy restore update it's really close to no change...

Horn that gives double xp - without people reporting exact results, we can never know...low chance, but we still have hope from this update :---)

I would give jagex 1/10, they meant for good, but did it totally wrong. they should look again and learn from their updates of 2nd half of 2009.

want_a_box.png

Yes completely ignore the skillers and people who don't like the PvP. I know that might be kind of a hard concept for you, someone who doesn't like PvP, but Jagex needs to cater to all of their players, not just single out the largest group. As it is melee is by far the best combat style out there, range and magic doesn't even come close.

There's quite a lot of opinions in your post. Since when has Barbarian Assault been untouched? Prior to the update, I always found world 6 quite crowded when I went to play, not to mention all the various BA armor pieces I'd see walking around RS. If you don't find BA fun then don't do it, but don't expect Jagex to cater to you on everything, just as there are parts of the game I don't enjoy.

There needs to be balance. In my opinion there's quite a lot of balancing or rebalancing left to do, particularly with the combat triangle. With hp capped at 99, there's simply no need for melee to hit even higher than ags/claws do already (which is what I see you're referring to when you refer to "weapon," seemingly forgetting that range and magic have weapons as well).

Tact.gif

So it is clear that penance sucks for combat lol

But it's not that bad for non combat

Berserker Prayer works on non-combat stats as well, perfect for people (like myself) who eat admiral and summer pies while training

It's also really useful for other slow draining prayers like rapid restore/heal/protect item

Rapid heal is really nice while training thieving, pyramid plunder for example

Dont forget holy book for curing poison, also very nice for pyramid plunder

now the MOST ABUSEABLE prayer for penance armor is clearly redemption

Endless 25% hitpoint heals? im sorry but that's just amazing for camping a pickpocket location without ever ever ever needing to bank lol

Naaxi.png

I'm disappointed in you jagex. You were on a roll with the nomad update, christmas update, temple of senntisten curses, and now we have this.

The set bonus is +3 prayer/minute. This is an absolute joke and will help no one given the prayer bonuses lost just by wearing it.

Plus you removed all the useful attack bonuses on the helms. Fighter hat used to be +5 stab/slash/crush and now it's gone! We don't need another identical defense item to rune helm or some other generic defense helm! Other items have also been changed to just have defense and be more generic.

The colored whips are a very, very minor update and they have limited colors. I guess they are alright.

Penance trident is a joke. +2 mage over ancient staff yet it is two handed? You can use a regular air staff and wear some sort of mage boosting shield like unholy book and it would be better. Or wear a mage book and master wand and it's completely obsolete besides the pathetic 1/60 chance of reducing a rune cost.

The special effect is alright I guess. The staff is overall, a questionably useful low level staff.

The agility updates to skills were pretty good. Except they could be expanded beyond 3 fish, 3 thieving people, and 4 butterflies.

I have to experiment whether the double exp abilities are worth it. They might be if you enjoy playing barbarian assault but it depends on how fast the potential increases and how fast it is used up. Plus you don't get any honour points I believe if you set the XP potential to increase so you can't save up points for other rewards. I'd like if someone could provide me potential info on this.

Plus they removed the news archive. This sucks. I like to look at old updates or when they did them if I had not played in a while.

How many rounds does it take to fill the horn?

A lot. Lol

Someone posted earlier that he had done two full rounds (20 waves) and it was "nearly a quarter full."

To the above post: Just a minor correction, the multiple thieving thing applies to ALL pickpocketable NPCs, the ones shown in the knowledge base are just examples, you can derive the formula pretty easily from them to calculate it for any NPC.

Flyingjj.png

System Update...

This update will see the changes to the Barbarian Assault fighter torso, which includes the +4 strength bonus again. Some of the other stats aren't quite the same as the original however.

Thank you for your patience,

Mod Nexus.

Please note: the changes will be added to the KB tomorrow morning.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

I'm disappointed in you jagex. You were on a roll with the nomad update, christmas update, temple of senntisten curses, and now we have this.

The set bonus is +3 prayer/minute. This is an absolute joke and will help no one given the prayer bonuses lost just by wearing it.

Plus you removed all the useful attack bonuses on the helms. Fighter hat used to be +5 stab/slash/crush and now it's gone! We don't need another identical defense item to rune helm or some other generic defense helm! Other items have also been changed to just have defense and be more generic.

The colored whips are a very, very minor update and they have limited colors. I guess they are alright.

Penance trident is a joke. +2 mage over ancient staff yet it is two handed? You can use a regular air staff and wear some sort of mage boosting shield like unholy book and it would be better. Or wear a mage book and master wand and it's completely obsolete besides the pathetic 1/60 chance of reducing a rune cost.

The special effect is alright I guess. The staff is overall, a questionably useful low level staff.

The agility updates to skills were pretty good. Except they could be expanded beyond 3 fish, 3 thieving people, and 4 butterflies.

I have to experiment whether the double exp abilities are worth it. They might be if you enjoy playing barbarian assault but it depends on how fast the potential increases and how fast it is used up. Plus you don't get any honour points I believe if you set the XP potential to increase so you can't save up points for other rewards. I'd like if someone could provide me potential info on this.

Plus they removed the news archive. This sucks. I like to look at old updates or when they did them if I had not played in a while.

I still see the news archive link o_o

Gotta rank and get level 5 in all BA stats now. Well, level 5 heal/def, the ones where it counts, and level 3 coll/attacker. +3 prayer a minute would be more useful with a prayer boost. ...

Just a change to one set of armour in the game, and you see an onslaught of ranters on RSOF. I should buy some popcorn on the day Jagex "rebalances the combat triangle". =D>

Bahahahahahahahaha!

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

How many rounds does it take to fill the horn?

A lot. Lol

Someone posted earlier that he had done two full rounds (20 waves) and it was "nearly a quarter full."

To the above post: Just a minor correction, the multiple thieving thing applies to ALL pickpocketable NPCs, the ones shown in the knowledge base are just examples, you can derive the formula pretty easily from them to calculate it for any NPC.

or you could just open up the pickpocketing tab of agility to see them all.