19-Jan-2010 - Barbarian Assault Improvements

Da_Latios

If that's true then whips are going to go up in price again :^_^: Looks like JagEx are trying to get more people playing some of the largely ignored minigames. Perhaps we can expect to see the Castle Wars rewards updated soon :pray:

I bloody hope so. Castle Wars has been neglected since 2003.

neglected a year before it was even added to the game, jagex must really hate it

and I think castlewars is fine just the way it is. why do you think it's so popular after all this time

Its not, Its just over-run by level 130+ clans with Armadyl, Ancients and Godswords destroying the fun and being total jack-offs.

@Ixindor, I had this problem yesterday too. I was assigned as attacker then the leader who made the group turns to me and goes "Oh I want to be attacker, can you do defender?" Im 116, she's 87, My Attacker lv is 3, her's was 1. What happens? her 138 friends flames me for not listening to a leader and kicks me out as they find a replacement. Arrogant [bleeps]

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never liked nor found helpful the random assignment room at all. I find it much easier to go wave one waiting room and either advertise what role you want to be or find a team looking for your role. Sure, you still get some horrible pairings, but you're much more likely to find a competent team then through random assignment.

Standard procedure is to trade the leader of a team you want to be on to signal your interest, and they will in turn use their scroll on you.

Flyingjj.png

The hardest part about BA is either defender or finding a competent team. If you have a substantial friendslist, the latter shouldn't be a problem right now. The former,however, I find to be easiest on Wave 10, using the east trap. There's no cannon platform to block the way of the runners, so you can lure and kill them much more easily than on other waves.

But seriously, if you end up with a bunch of incumbents on your team, jump out, come back in, then start advertising what role you want to be.

My final tip of the day: If you're on the queen level and you get a defender who has no clue what he's doing, LEAVE THE WAVE. My team spent approximately half an hour trying to teach a defender how to lure the runners so that we could shoot the Queen. The guy died anyways. -.-

a70c7.png

Defender is practically the easiest if you know what you're doing in my opinion. Of course, I'm also ranked in the top 1000 defenders, so my opinion is most likely inconsistent with the majority.

I just finished getting the armour set and I think I'm gonna pass on the trident for now and get it later, so I'm going to switch into gathering potential on my horn tomorrow, and then get some data on training agility with it.

Flyingjj.png

The only problem I'm having is finding a reliable COMPETENT team. Using the waiting room that asigns you a team is slow if you want to choose your role and the best I've ever started on is Wave 2. Not to mention, as soon as the Wave is over (whether you win or not), everyone bails and you have to go back. Also, it seems like no one really understands how BA works. Its frustrating to waste 10 minutes only to gain like 3 points because everyone else failed at their jobs. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm a decent player, 130+ Combat, 97 HP. Working on Leveling up Roles atm. Level 5 Defender, Level 3 Healer and Level 2 Attacker/Collector. I'd like to speed up this process, because its already frustrating as it is. Are there any known Clans that operate at BA around the clock?

My advice would be to start your own team

Money_Wasted.png

It's funny how theres a colour option for a whip when a whip is silly for the game because of the lack of aggressive mode.

Mind translating that into English?

Either he/she is moaning whip has no strength training option or more likely is saying a whip is a very aggressive weapon and should have an aggressive mode due to this.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The only problem I'm having is finding a reliable COMPETENT team. Using the waiting room that asigns you a team is slow if you want to choose your role and the best I've ever started on is Wave 2. Not to mention, as soon as the Wave is over (whether you win or not), everyone bails and you have to go back. Also, it seems like no one really understands how BA works. Its frustrating to waste 10 minutes only to gain like 3 points because everyone else failed at their jobs. Anyone got any suggestions? I'm a decent player, 130+ Combat, 97 HP. Working on Leveling up Roles atm. Level 5 Defender, Level 3 Healer and Level 2 Attacker/Collector. I'd like to speed up this process, because its already frustrating as it is. Are there any known Clans that operate at BA around the clock?

My advice would be to start your own team

Look for people that have levels in roles, it usually indicates they know what they're doing.

It's funny how theres a colour option for a whip when a whip is silly for the game because of the lack of aggressive mode.

"Boo hoo I can't train strength with an Abyssal whip"

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I've never liked nor found helpful the random assignment room at all. I find it much easier to go wave one waiting room and either advertise what role you want to be or find a team looking for your role. Sure, you still get some horrible pairings, but you're much more likely to find a competent team then through random assignment.

Standard procedure is to trade the leader of a team you want to be on to signal your interest, and they will in turn use their scroll on you.

1. Get full penance

2. Go into lvl 1 room

3. Get recruited by pro team in a few minutes,

4. Complete queen wave 30 minutes later.

Either he/she is moaning whip has no strength training option or more likely is saying a whip is a very aggressive weapon and should have an aggressive mode due to this.

Or they are saying it's funny that a weapon that isn't suitable for all the styles needed for the minigame has gotten a reward. :wink:

I don't see the slightest hint of moaning.

Or they are saying it's funny that a weapon that isn't suitable for all the styles needed for the minigame has gotten a reward. :wink:

I don't see the slightest hint of moaning.

Glad someone else saw what I saw.

I thought it was quite clear in what it said.

BA requires accurate, aggressive, defensive and controlled attack types for melee.

Whip does not have aggressive.

Therefore it seems a bit odd that a game in which the whip isn't ideal offers a reward to re-colour whips.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Whip is the most commonly used weapon in the game in general. To colour guthan's spear, zammy spear or dragon spear (the weapons commonly used in BA last time I went there) would be pointless as not many people would bother and even fewer would use it enough to "show it off".

If they had picked any other weapon apart from whip people would complain and get whip added to the options.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

No-one disputed that the whip was the best weapon for colouring for the purposes of showing off.

Only that it seemed slightly odd that a weapon rarely used in that particular mini-game benefited from the rewards of it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think it's because Abyssal Monsters, Penance Monsters, and Pest Monsters come from the same plane of existence. Abyssal Demons and Shifters are pretty similar in morphology. Maybe the Barbarians think the Whip is a trophy of triumph over the Abyssal Monsters.

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's that big an assumption. Unless someone has something from Jagex to prove me wrong.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

I think its 1% charge per wave

<[K3nny]> 2 Games = 20waves = 20% = just under 1/4 right?

<[K3nny]> 3 games = 30 waves = 30% = just about a 1/3

<[K3nny]> 5 games = 50 waves = 50% = about a half

<[K3nny]> 6 games = 60 waves = 60% = just under 2/3

<[K3nny]> sup ;)

<[K3nny]> Also, xp is based on 100xLvl

<[K3nny]> So 99 stat = 9900 xp per 1%

<[K3nny]> 1 game = 10% = 99k per game

<[K3nny]> brb i gd maths

Was bored in irc :3

based on my games and on mates

X_kaylin_X.png

I think its 1% charge per wave

<[K3nny]> 2 Games = 20waves = 20% = just under 1/4 right?

<[K3nny]> 3 games = 30 waves = 30% = just about a 1/3

<[K3nny]> 5 games = 50 waves = 50% = about a half

<[K3nny]> 6 games = 60 waves = 60% = just under 2/3

<[K3nny]> sup ;)

<[K3nny]> Also, xp is based on 100xLvl

<[K3nny]> So 99 stat = 9900 xp per 1%

<[K3nny]> 1 game = 10% = 99k per game

<[K3nny]> brb i gd maths

Was bored in irc :3

based on my games and on mates

I'd say ur 10% for a full game is right, possibly.

However the news and KB say you get MORE xp reward for the later waves. So it can't be 1% per wave

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Would you rather be able to color some relevant but useless item, like say, most of the penance armor you get there? Be happy Jagex are (sometimes) able to make a distinction of Gameplay > What-makes-sense.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

it would be handy if they just say how many percentage is left, that makes it a lot easyer to calculate aswell.

so dous any on know how much xp a full horn gives in a certain skill?

Hello i am new to tip it.

I hope i can contribute somthing good. and have fun here.

Hurmyie.png