19-Jan-2010 - Barbarian Assault Improvements

Da_Latios

Fast hunter xp but without any profit. Seems a bit like Ivy & the Woodcutting update.

I'm Still wondering why they decided to make whips different colours.. Why??

Because there's so many of the damn things, might as well make them slightly different to each other.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fast hunter xp but without any profit. Seems a bit like Ivy & the Woodcutting update.

Because they never made a weapon that is better than it, that doesn't disappear in 1 hour.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Whip is the most commonly used weapon in the game in general. To colour guthan's spear, zammy spear or dragon spear (the weapons commonly used in BA last time I went there) would be pointless as not many people would bother and even fewer would use it enough to "show it off".

If they had picked any other weapon apart from whip people would complain and get whip added to the options.

I don't think anyone would complain for that.

Perhaps suggest it, but that's already something I can see happening to other weapons in a few days.

To make them gren for the guthix worshippers ofc

Give it two weeks and the game will be back to being dead methinks. :thumbsup:

BA has never been dead. There are always people on world 6 playing and looking for a team. Now the games room, that's dead.

Touche

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I personally like the fact that whips are rising lol...a free 5m for me ^.^ merchers make my day =p and also, does anybody know how long it takes (for sure) to completely fill the master penance horn? i'm still under a quarter full and it feels like i've been doing BA forever >.<

Instead of coloring the whips, Jagex should make 3-6 different weapons that have relatively the same stats as the whip however with slight advantages and disadvantages. That would make the game more interesting, and seem a little less like Indiana Jones without screwing with there OCD balance freak nature.

Stellactic.gif

I hate Agility.. But I also hate barbarian assault. So This update isn't very good in my eyes..

I think i'll just stick to draining the life out of myself running around the wilderness course. :)

dzuz3d.jpg

well i did a full run with the upgraded horn, and my potential says i have a little left. they really need to put a meter on the horn instead of saying "you have a little left." wtf does that mean really, you don't know how much till it runs out till it does and your in the middle of something when you could've gone and gotten more. oh well, maybe they'll add a meter later.

so does anyone know how many games needed to fill up the horn completely and does it stack with using sc tools?

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

well i did a full run with the upgraded horn, and my potential says i have a little left. they really need to put a meter on the horn instead of saying "you have a little left." wtf does that mean really, you don't know how much till it runs out till it does and your in the middle of something when you could've gone and gotten more. oh well, maybe they'll add a meter later.

so does anyone know how many games needed to fill up the horn completely and does it stack with using sc tools?

Agree, Do want know as well.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

Done like 5 or 6 full rounds now and its half full..

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

Done like 5 or 6 full rounds now and its half full..

If you'd read the previous page you'd of seen Kennehs very believable theory that 1 full game wave 1 - 10 = 10% full

Hence why 5 games = half.

So 10 games shuld full it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I found my complaint with this update: You don't get high score points when charging up your horn, only when collecting honor points. I know this might be obvious to some, but it wasn't for me, and it really kind of disappointing and makes me sad. :sad:

Flyingjj.png

I'll never have a full horn as about halfway through wave 8 I'd have a gunshot wound in my face from the annoyance and boredom.

Just curious, what would you consider a good update? You've been ranting on every thread like these since you came here.

Thats harsh.

They didnt say they through it was a bad update.

Merely they find BA annoying and boring and therefore will never have a full horn

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Um, good updates. Temple at Senntisten, the Agility factor in other skills, Blood Runs Deep, Kuradal's Dungeon, Achievement Diaries, Living Rock Canverns. There is more, but that's off the top of my head.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

now the MOST ABUSEABLE prayer for penance armor is clearly redemption

Endless 25% hitpoint heals? im sorry but that's just amazing for camping a pickpocket location without ever ever ever needing to bank lol

Best use I've heard yet. Definitely gonna try this.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Endless 25% hitpoint heals? im sorry but that's just amazing for camping a pickpocket location without ever ever ever needing to bank lol

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Doesn't it seem really silly that the set effect for a minigame in which you are not allowed to use prayer restores prayer? Not that everything that Jagex does makes sense, but that seems a little out of whack.

Flyingjj.png

Does anyone know if you can get a filled penance horn back if you die with it, or do you have to refill it again? Because I have a lot of sc points stored and 2 mining brawlers banked, I'd like to obtain some epic experience from mining with that horn (and by the way does it stack with the aforementioned items?). My only concern is that if I get pked in pvp worlds (and believe me i've tried skilling in pvp worlds, quite a lot of pkers), do I have to start over in refilling my penance horn?

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Apparently people have reported that while mining iron in the wilderness with Mining Brawlers, Sc Pickaxes, and the Penance Horn, you get 420 exp per ore, or 12x the experience.

That would mean that the Horn is 2x the original experience, as well as SC being 2x the original experience. So rather than stacking the multipliers, you stack the experience, so SC + Horn = 3x. The Brawlers however stack the multipliers; in the wilderness it's 4x normally, but with SC and the Horn, you're looking at 12x the experience then.

Seems logical to me.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

I believe it was based on a player suggestion. (I recall a suggestion thread on the RSOF.) And it was a cool idea. I like it.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Doesn't it seem really silly that the set effect for a minigame in which you are not allowed to use prayer restores prayer? Not that everything that Jagex does makes sense, but that seems a little out of whack.

Haha I pointed the same thing out to some of my friends. They should have saved this for the rune version of Proselyte. This also kind of goes with the Abyssal Whip argument (previous page). I'm almost surprised there isn't a Penance cape now, since you can't wear capes in Barbarian Assault either.

Anyway, what do you people think of rather than a restoration of 3 points, 10-30% of your total Prayer level per minute?

2dgucz6.png