19-Jan-2010 - Barbarian Assault Improvements

Da_Latios

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well waddayaknow.

I gained 172K total Agility exp today with a full Penance Master Horn. After checking the charges it turns out it's still almost full :blink:

So according to my calculations I can get more than 2.5 mill exp (1.25 mill bonus exp).

Hot damn.

So, assuming 10 games will fill it up completely, you get 125k xp per round?

Even if it takes you two hours (which is absurd and only happens if you and/or your team is a failure) to complete waves 1-10, it's definately worth doing that for agility training. And I'd think most people would agree that even BA is more fun than doing the same agility course over and over and over....

Right now I'm in the process of getting lvl 5 in everything and getting the full set of armour+trident. I actually like this game. I'll get the horn filled up later.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

but what about other skills? is it flat rate or differant for differant skills such as sc hammer with con and smith

I haven't tried it and propably won't. I really want to get 99 Agility.

I'm not sure about how many games I played to fill it though.

priest_wiz.png

I've been nolifing BA for a couple days now. Level five in everything but collector (fifty points from level five collector). I'll be working on full penance and trident next, then I'll start filling my horn (that sounds vaguely sexual).

BA is kind of fun once you get the hang of it. I still hate being defender, however. The only reason I'm slightly good at it is because I'm level five. I keep playing with these pro defenders who take out all of the runners before TWO attackers can take out the fighters and rangers. I don't get it at all. :blink:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I've been nolifing BA for a couple days now. Level five in everything but collector (fifty points from level five collector). I'll be working on full penance and trident next, then I'll start filling my horn (that sounds vaguely sexual).

BA is kind of fun once you get the hang of it. I still hate being defender, however. The only reason I'm slightly good at it is because I'm level five. I keep playing with these pro defenders who take out all of the runners before TWO attackers can take out the fighters and rangers. I don't get it at all. :blink:

I happen to be a pro Defender :thumbsup:

Just lay rows of food from the south and the north towards a trap and keep it repaired at all times. If you stand on the food and block the Runers it is possible to get more than 2 Runners into a trap before you need to repair it :^_^:

priest_wiz.png

:razz: It's a trade secret. I can't do it all the time, especially at the earlier levels, but I CAN do it.

I really should write that guide, but then again I've never written a guide before, it might ruin my chances at staying in the top 1000 defenders, and I don't really want to take the work to find a team willing to sit around and watch me make my guide with pics and stuff.

Flyingjj.png

It's about 198K Agility exp to get from a full horn to more than 3 quarters.

You using it on lap bonus only or on whole lap? Do you think it would make a difference?

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

It's about 198K Agility exp to get from a full horn to more than 3 quarters.

You using it on lap bonus only or on whole lap? Do you think it would make a difference?

I don't think it will make a difference. Exp is exp, right?

And it's done on whole laps.

UPDATE: Appareantly it's less exp to get from more then 3 quarters to around 3 quarters. It's less than 142K exp between those charges.

priest_wiz.png

Attacker exp is still wayyy too hard to get, despite the improvements. Its like every noob and pros all want to be attacker.

Yeah ever try going to the random team room? There's always 6-15 attackers. Much to my surprise healers are harder to find than defenders. There's 3 defenders advertising in a given room and when I say I need def they all seem to vanish. I hate defender so much because I suck at it. Though that should probably be the other way around.

I love the BA updates. This is one of those rare updates where I don't see anyone disliking it. I just want to know, how are those points counted to be on the highscores?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I love the BA updates. This is one of those rare updates where I don't see anyone disliking it. I just want to know, how are those points counted to be on the highscores?

I'm pretty sure the highscore points are the total honor points you've ever earned in that role. Especially since your highscore doesn't increase when you're earning exp potential and not honor points.

Flyingjj.png

Now if only they upgrade castle wars the year will be complete for me.

Barbarian assault is my favourite minigame!

I already had full penance and lv 5 in all roles before this update and just got the trident and enough points to get all of the coloured whips later if i feel like it. I like the look of the white whip though.

I've been hearing alot of people complaining about how horrible the new set effect for full penance is and i don't understand why they say that. Right now i'm just no lifing thieving at master farmers getting seeds for farm and trying to get 82 thief for the ardy eliet diary and the penance gear saves a ton of food. All i need to do is put on redemption every time i get near 10% health and by the time i'm down that low again i'll have more prayer from the armour. Basically i never have to leave. it would also be good for agility but thats all that i can think of at the moment. sure its not that useful but it's the first set effect we've gotten that can actually be used for something other than combat.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

...?

.....?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

...?

.....?

I agree with you in that the vast majority of players at least like a part of this update. Everyone should like the horn, no reason not to other than being stubborn. :smile:

...?

.....?

I agree with you in that the vast majority of players at least like a part of this update. Everyone should like the horn, no reason not to other than being stubborn. :smile:

Well I dislike the horn since it is actually pretty good to use when you train agility I think, so basically they force me to either use a less efficient method or play barbarian assault.

I rather like being stubborn :unsure:

2dvjurb.png

...?

.....?

Did you miss the riot over the Fighter Torso? Or the continual complaints about the Penance Hats (particularly Ranger Hat with it's -3 range attack bonus and Fighter Hat missing its +5 stab/slash/crush)?

Or the angry skillers who believe Jagex has caved into PKers yet again?

If you don't see anyone disliking the update, well, you aren't looking very hard.

...?

.....?

Well I dislike the horn since it is actually pretty good to use when you train agility I think, so basically they force me to either use a less efficient method or play barbarian assault.

I rather like being stubborn :unsure:

If you don't like Barbarian Assault, then don't use the horn. You will need to play a lot of games to get 99 Agility.

priest_wiz.png

horn of glory doesnt charge even close to 10% per game, i have an entire penance kill (10 rounds) and other 3 rounds (8-9-10) and me HoG isnt event 1/4 full. But if the exp is that good, then i might start doing agil a lot more.

horn of glory doesnt charge even close to 10% per game, i have an entire penance kill (10 rounds) and other 3 rounds (8-9-10) and me HoG isnt event 1/4 full. But if the exp is that good, then i might start doing agil a lot more.

When people say "game" they generally mean a full set of 10 rounds, including the Queen.