19-Jan-2010 - Barbarian Assault Improvements

Da_Latios

now the MOST ABUSEABLE prayer for penance armor is clearly redemption

Endless 25% hitpoint heals? im sorry but that's just amazing for camping a pickpocket location without ever ever ever needing to bank lol

Best use I've heard yet. Definitely gonna try this.

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Doesn't it seem really silly that the set effect for a minigame in which you are not allowed to use prayer restores prayer? Not that everything that Jagex does makes sense, but that seems a little out of whack.

Haha I pointed the same thing out to some of my friends. They should have saved this for the rune version of Proselyte. This also kind of goes with the Abyssal Whip argument (previous page). I'm almost surprised there isn't a Penance cape now, since you can't wear capes in Barbarian Assault either.

Anyway, what do you people think of rather than a restoration of 3 points, 10-30% of your total Prayer level per minute?

30% prayer per minute would be 29 pray points at 99 prayer, which would simply be obscene. SW Cape + Stole + Godsword yields +30 prayer which halves the prayer drain rate. Turmoil + Deflect = 50 per minute, halved to 25, which means you can use a Deflect Pray + Turmoil infinitely, with spare prayer points.

At 10% it's probably a bit more reasonable. However, at 99 prayer, you still get 9 prayer points a minute while using 10 per minute with just a deflect prayer. Net change in prayer would be -1 per minute... which means I can protect or deflect against something for over an hour and a half without needing any prayer restoration. Oh wait, my Godsword's Saradomin Godsword - better make that infinity again.

Would be pretty awesome, but also a little bit absurd.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endless 25% hitpoint heals? im sorry but that's just amazing for camping a pickpocket location without ever ever ever needing to bank lol

Oh yeah, that reminds me. Doesn't it seem really silly that the set effect for a minigame in which you are not allowed to use prayer restores prayer? Not that everything that Jagex does makes sense, but that seems a little out of whack.

Haha I pointed the same thing out to some of my friends. They should have saved this for the rune version of Proselyte. This also kind of goes with the Abyssal Whip argument (previous page). I'm almost surprised there isn't a Penance cape now, since you can't wear capes in Barbarian Assault either.

Anyway, what do you people think of rather than a restoration of 3 points, 10-30% of your total Prayer level per minute?

30% prayer per minute would be 29 pray points at 99 prayer, which would simply be obscene. SW Cape + Stole + Godsword yields +30 prayer which halves the prayer drain rate. Turmoil + Deflect = 50 per minute, halved to 25, which means you can use a Deflect Pray + Turmoil infinitely, with spare prayer points.

At 10% it's probably a bit more reasonable. However, at 99 prayer, you still get 9 prayer points a minute while using 10 per minute with just a deflect prayer. Net change in prayer would be -1 per minute... which means I can protect or deflect against something for over an hour and a half without needing any prayer restoration. Oh wait, my Godsword's Saradomin Godsword - better make that infinity again.

Would be pretty awesome, but also a little bit absurd.

Throw in the new cape+12 pray. Then holy wrench and whatever other prayer bonus and that is something. Too bad the game is so boring.

AoTM-2.png

WG-Recruitment-Underbanenr.gif

To avoid confusion, the the word "Improvements" should be placed in quotations in the title :wink: .

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Lots of quotes.

Throw in the new cape+12 pray. Then holy wrench and whatever other prayer bonus and that is something. Too bad the game is so boring.

Uhh, he did include the new cape, and the holy wrench does not give a prayer bonus.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

It's funny how theres a colour option for a whip when a whip is silly for the game because of the lack of aggressive mode.

Mind translating that into English?

"Boo hoo I can't train strength with an Abyssal whip"

I suppose I should clarify that I meant "the game" = BA. ("It's funny how there's a colour option for a whip when a whip is silly for BARBARIAN ASSAULT because of the lack of aggressive mode"

It's crap for BA because theres no strength attack (which is one of the types of attacks you use in BA as an attacker) yet it gets colouring. I don't care whips have no strength bonus, I don't use whips.

I was not complaining that it got colouring while no other weapon did. Dragon weapons would look silly coloured.

Sheesh.

Maybe you shouldn't assume the worst in peoples posts...

Edit: I see it was already clarified. Sorry for posting this. Mebbeh you could delete this? :P

It's funny how theres a colour option for a whip when a whip is silly for the game because of the lack of aggressive mode.

It's crap for BA because theres no strength attack (which is one of the types you use in BA) yet it gets colouring. I don't care whips have no strength bonus, I don't use whips.

I was not complaining that it got colouring while no other weapon did. Dragon weapons would look silly coloured.

Sheesh.

Derphead.

If they call strength I take off my whip and kick them. Level 5 attack, i'll still end up killing something.

the holly wrench lengthens your prayer potions by about... well, two prayer potions per inventoy.

Actually, 27 four-dosed prayer potions make 108 total doses so you gain an extra 108 prayer points via holy wrench. At 99 prayer, this is only 3 and a half doses of prayer, not even covering the space used by the wrench. With 57 four-dosed prayer potions (a pack yak full as well) you'd gain 228 prayer points, which is almost two prayer potions per inventory...

And in any case, it's irrelevant unless you're using prayer potions, which in turn are irrelevant if you're regenerating 29 prayer a minute and have +30 prayer bonus.

[hide]

It's crap for BA because theres no strength attack (which is one of the types you use in BA) yet it gets colouring. I don't care whips have no strength bonus, I don't use whips.

Sheesh.

Derphead.

[/hide]

If they call strength I take off my whip and kick them. Level 5 attack, i'll still end up killing something.

Hrm. You could always do that. :P

I prefer using Dragon longsword there cause it has all the right attack types and the spec is quite useful. :D

[hide]

Sheesh.

Derphead.

[/hide]

Hrm. You could always do that. :P

I prefer using Dragon longsword there cause it has all the right attack types and the spec is quite useful. :D

I just used the Abyssal Whip and then Earth Surge to cover for strength... :smile:

2dgucz6.png

I still like the default look of the whip most. Boosted xp looks interesting, but I'm more curious to know how long it lasts. Is it worth my while to waste time on 10 BA games over just training normally. the skills arent really buyable either, so saving some money isn't a benefit.

Also, I really really really hope I get an abby demon task in the next few days.

Lagatag.png

I like the new upgrades of the BA armor. Personally, I've always loved the game and I'm glad that my full set has some use besides proving that I'm a BA 'pro' when looking for a team.

Edit: Just checked my ranks for the BA game.

Not bad rankings :o

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Does anyone know if you can get a filled penance horn back if you die with it, or do you have to refill it again? Because I have a lot of sc points stored and 2 mining brawlers banked, I'd like to obtain some epic experience from mining with that horn (and by the way does it stack with the aforementioned items?). My only concern is that if I get pked in pvp worlds (and believe me i've tried skilling in pvp worlds, quite a lot of pkers), do I have to start over in refilling my penance horn?

I recall reading that you can use the horn even when it's in your bank. I'll find the quote later.

Edit:

Yep.

To receive XP rewards, you need to have a penance horn or a master penance horn in your inventory or bank.

From BA guide on KB.

Link- http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/barbarian_assault#rewards

Edit2:

Wait, after reading this again, it could also mean that you could fill it while it's in your bank, and not necessarily use it while it's in your bank? I hate it when Jagex explains things so vaguely...

I was actually wondering why they didn't just put a "Penance Queen's Cape" in this update as well. :lol:

It'd probably have a strength modifier too to "ruin" the fire cape.

Does anyone know if you can get a filled penance horn back if you die with it, or do you have to refill it again? Because I have a lot of sc points stored and 2 mining brawlers banked, I'd like to obtain some epic experience from mining with that horn (and by the way does it stack with the aforementioned items?). My only concern is that if I get pked in pvp worlds (and believe me i've tried skilling in pvp worlds, quite a lot of pkers), do I have to start over in refilling my penance horn?

If you ever loose it, you can take it back from the guy who you got it from with whatever xp it had.

I am nice. . .

I suppose I should clarify that I meant "the game" = BA. ("It's funny how there's a colour option for a whip when a whip is silly for BARBARIAN ASSAULT because of the lack of aggressive mode"

It's crap for BA because theres no strength attack (which is one of the types of attacks you use in BA as an attacker) yet it gets colouring. I don't care whips have no strength bonus, I don't use whips.

Sheesh.

Edit: I see it was already clarified. Sorry for posting this. Mebbeh you could delete this? :P

DD + Whip is pretty effective tbh. The high and fast hits in Accurate/Controlled/Defensive plus the DD special kills most of the pennence quickly. It takes what, a whole 5 second to switch weapon and attack style?

Fast hunter xp but without any profit. Seems a bit like Ivy & the Woodcutting update.

I'm Still wondering why they decided to make whips different colours.. Why??

Character customisation. There's now 5 styles for the whip and this could lead to further custom options in the future for weapons and armour.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

Sheesh.

DD + Whip is pretty effective tbh. The high and fast hits in Accurate/Controlled/Defensive plus the DD special kills most of the pennence quickly. It takes what, a whole 5 second to switch weapon and attack style?

Fast hunter xp but without any profit. Seems a bit like Ivy & the Woodcutting update.

Character customisation. There's now 5 styles for the whip and this could lead to further custom options in the future for weapons and armour.

[sacarsm] Sure, I'd like to see more colour styles for Godswords as a reward from playing.......Trouble Brewing. [/sacarsm]

There are better ways to improve character customisation than plugging in colour variation for a weapon that has no link to the minigame in anyway, besides the idea that abby whips are the most popular weapon in-game. Character customisation already failed in this case when players stick to one weapon for majority of the gameplay. I'm not really into pink dragon scimitars or lime green bandos armour you know. #-o

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Sheesh.

[sacarsm] Sure, I'd like to see more colour styles for Godswords as a reward from playing.......Trouble Brewing. [/sacarsm]

There are better ways to improve character customisation than plugging in colour variation for a weapon that has no link to the minigame in anyway, besides the idea that abby whips are the most popular weapon in-game. Character customisation already failed in this case when players stick to one weapon for majority of the gameplay. I'm not really into pink dragon scimitars or lime green bandos armour you know. #-o

Not that I disagree with your point (I actualy do...), but wouldn't it be nice to have black/grey/brown/white/yellow Bandos armors? If related to the reason they're colored, ofcourse.

Sheesh.

Not that I disagree with your point (I actualy do...), but wouldn't it be nice to have black/grey/brown/white/yellow Bandos armors? If related to the reason they're colored, ofcourse.

For each of those variation in colour, i would have preferred a variation in both stats and design, such as a version of Bandos armour that shifts some of its stab defence bonus to slash defence bonus. A better analogy would be like how SS, whips and Z spear are the variation of weapons you can use at the same level. If suddenly abby whips have 256 colour choices, I won't call that better customisation, I call that playing around with the design of abby whip in Paint and Photoshop.The variation needs to have some sort of purpose at least, as is with god trimmed armours, which puts you above the average player in terms of wealth and display your alignment to the RuneScape gods.

Purple coloured addy armour with orange Guthix Symbol among a sea of colour combinations, for the same armour design in W2 Grand Exchange, would look like a malfunction with your graphics card.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Where did I suggest changing the complete colours of an item? Take the Bandos chest for example:

General_Graardor.gif

What's to stop the player being able to change the colour of the cream/white bits to one of their preference?

kbxb46.gif

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

Where did I suggest changing the complete colours of an item? Take the Bandos chest for example:

General_Graardor.gif

What's to stop the player being able to change the colour of the cream/white bits to one of their preference?

kbxb46.gif

What's stopping players from actually demanding a colour variation in the major part of the armour on RSOF? Strictly speaking there's no harm done in a green dragon scimitar blade as well.

And try applying that to Saradomin trimmed Rune armour.

Zepheras.png

-F1775

I recall reading that you can use the horn even when it's in your bank. I'll find the quote later.

Edit:

Yep.

To receive XP rewards, you need to have a penance horn or a master penance horn in your inventory or bank.

From BA guide on KB.

Link- http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/barbarian_assault#rewards

Edit2:

Wait, after reading this again, it could also mean that you could fill it while it's in your bank, and not necessarily use it while it's in your bank? I hate it when Jagex explains things so vaguely...

Yeah, it means you can fill it while it's in your bank. To use it, you must actually be wielding it. If I remember correctly, the inscription on the horn tells you that.

Flyingjj.png

Well waddayaknow.

I gained 172K total Agility exp today with a full Penance Master Horn. After checking the charges it turns out it's still almost full :blink:

So according to my calculations I can get more than 2.5 mill exp (1.25 mill bonus exp).

priest_wiz.png