Jagex Calling Police

Stev

An IRL friend of mine was at the Brimhaven agility arena and joking around said, "F your total," and, "Omg, gonna go hang myself." (Joking around of course).

Now, that's not what's up for discussion. He was reported and muted within a half hour and what completely baffled me was that the police actually showed up at his door!

They said, "You play an online game? We're told you were planning on hanging yourself?"

I did not know Jagex did this! It is absolutely incredible! I can see it as both good and bad.

What are your opinions?

09144a99bb.png

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very good that they do actually do it - it's best to catch people before it's too late, in such shocking cases. And they can get the support they need, sooner rather than later.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

But on the other hand, they may actually save a life.

I watched the news a few weeks ago where a kid no older then 20 actually ended his life on live webcam. I would have to support Jagex on this one.

09144a99bb.png

I would be incredibly annoyed. Stay out of my personal life Jagex and concentrate on your game.

Stay out of your personal life? You're essentialy on their property, so yes, saying that you're planning on commiting suicide, do you think they'll not try and help? :?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Simple. They have your IP which is basically your address. Most they have to do is contact your ISP which is actually legal (In Canada anyways).

With an IP, you can narrow it down to the city.

09144a99bb.png

This morning, a guy was on his way to join us for a game of non combat sc, he missed the game by a minute. When he realised it, he said 'imma go kill myself' and he ran away.

I thought he was joking and said 'lol', when I could have reported him and have the local police show up at his door. Lol! I know what I'm doing next time... :lol:

(maybe I can't advertise here, but 'fast sc' is a great non-combat stealing creation cc ;-) )

Simple. They have your IP which is basically your address. Most they have to do is contact your ISP which is actually legal (In Canada anyways).

So you know the city, but still not the exact location nor his name >_>

This morning, a guy was on his way to join us for a game of non combat sc, he missed the game by a minute. When he realised it, he said 'imma go kill myself' and he ran away.

I thought he was joking and said 'lol', when I could have reported him and have the local police show up at his door. Lol! I know what I'm doing next time... :lol:

(maybe I can't advertise here, but 'fast sc' is a great non-combat stealing creation cc ;-) )

Police shows up at suspects door

Police: Do you play Runescape?

Player: Yes

Police: were you training fletching?

Police: Third one today tbh.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Like I said, they simply have to contact your ISP. It's happened before by different companies.

09144a99bb.png

Thank Mark Zuckerburg that Facebook doesn't do this!

You can get an exact location with someone's IP address.

Also, it is pretty amazing that JaGex itself would go through the process of tracking someone's IP, and contacting their local police over a statement like that.

JaGex doesn't care, what? :-P

Well if we're paying by cash monthly we have to be alive to pay ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Like I said, they simply have to contact your ISP. It's happened before by different companies.

The isp should know your residence and name.(or parents name)

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Since he is members, they should also have access to his name/address I believe.

2eed07l.png

Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

You can get an exact location with someone's IP address.

Also, it is pretty amazing that JaGex itself would go through the process of tracking someone's IP, and contacting their local police over a statement like that.

JaGex doesn't care, what? :-P

Well if we're paying by cash monthly we have to be alive to pay ;)

Good business plan tbh :)

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Police shows up at suspects door

Police: Do you play Runescape?

Police: were you training fletching?

Police: Third one today tbh.

Lol.

I hope they dedicate an episode of 'Cops' on this subject.

Just to see their reactions when they open the door... #-o