Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

does this use the same ranking system as Modern Warfare where the more you play, the more advantage you have other people? i always hated unbalanced games like that

I felt this game was like halo, whoever sees the other guy first wins without any skill involved.

i'm guessing you never played any ranked games?

What do you mean? I played the demo... :mellow:

For 14 mins and got 1kill, not really enough time to pass judgement.

Why continue if it sucked...?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Some people like the CoD style game and some like the Battlefield style game. If you like CoD a lot, you may come into BF and expect it to suck and vice versa.

But, I won't be having any fanboy flamewars here. :wink: Just a warning to all.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I loved the planes in Battlefield 1942. Piloting a bomber and scoring 10 kills on a single bombing run was epic.

Well I just installed Battlefield 2142, and it says there are 0 servers :-# Anyone know if there is something wrong or something? (when it was near the end of the install, it said that it couldn't install direct x or something like that, could that have any effect on it?)

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Dude, pistols are so beast. Using the 1911 as an engineer and my roomate uses M9 and assault, it's awesome.

Also had like 3 or 4 dudes around me and I managed to get them all with a knife hahaha.

Sorry to double post.

I downloaded the demo and tried the game. FLIPPIN AMAZING!!! I love playing Assault and raking up points by supplying ammo. This game is going to be a hit, I know it is. It's better than MW2.

God, I need to convince my parents to let me buy this. I figured out that if you turn the dialogue down to zero, nobody besides people talking in their mics will even talk. No talking = no cussing. So, it pretty much turns the rating to teen. Would that convince my parents?

Sorry to double post.

I downloaded the demo and tried the game. FLIPPIN AMAZING!!! I love playing Assault and raking up points by supplying ammo. This game is going to be a hit, I know it is. It's better than MW2.

God, I need to convince my parents to let me buy this. I figured out that if you turn the dialogue down to zero, nobody besides people talking in their mics will even talk. No talking = no cussing. So, it pretty much turns the rating to teen. Would that convince my parents?

Killing hundreds and hundreds of people? No problem.

Swearing?! Oh HELL NO!

Tk5SF.png

Sorry to double post.

Killing hundreds and hundreds of people? No problem.

Swearing?! Oh HELL NO!

The swearing in this game is awesome anyways.

"Yeah, got that mother f**ker!".

I was able to find a way to download the demo. I love what DICE have done to the game. This game surpasses MW2 in every aspect.

This game is super freaking good.

Unlocked the tracer gun (which I think is useless) and was playing recon most of the time today. I'm actually pretty good for only playing two times, probably because I have experience with the Battlefield Series (played and loved every one).

Popping heads with the sniper is super awesome, and I got a 10-kill streak just quick-scoping.

Man, I can't get over how sweet this game is.

Speaking of the tracer gun, can someone give me a few pointers? Whenever I get a lock on on a tank, my rpg never seems to follow it. I see the orange box, and sometimes i see the distance in meters. Am I doing something wrong? Also, does anyone have a good way to shoot helicopters with a tracer?

Maze, the tracer dart allows RPG's to lock onto vehicles.

To target vehicles, aim until the orange box becomes solid, then fire.

Maze, the tracer dart allows RPG's to lock onto vehicles.

To target vehicles, aim until the orange box becomes solid, then fire.

Really? Sorry, I'm a noob, and didn't know that. Gonna have to use it on Engy now. :P

I have it on every class except the sniper. I want a pistol if I'm sniping, just incase someone gets close to me.

Guys, try running people over with the UAV. It's pretty funny. I also like to sneak up on people, follow right behind them in the UAV, and then kill them right when they see me. :D

Question: Can your drive a tank through a building?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang