So, what is your current project(s)

sees_all1

I have too many projects to list. :(

Not really working on one more than any others... at least not one I'd like to mention. But... yeah, I really can't think of one that stands out right now.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently working on a desktop application which communicates with a bunch of cable boxes over a serial port.

Luckily I'm using Java, which has great, native, and supported libraries to communicate on serial ports.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Having a bad day with Java are we? :P

You'd think that they'd provide support for communication ports, since nearly every computer has got at least a serial, maybe a parallel port.

They nixed support when microsoft changed the drivers in XP, and they decided that "no one uses it anymore".

Its serial communication, and unsigned numbers that make java fail hard.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I started working on a java/mysql/php system where I can do certain things within a java applet, it will export it to a mysql database, then i can read my report through the web.

It is just part of a game I am working on so yeah. I am using the JBDC library for the Java side then displaying it using php. I have a single user working prototype, I just need to get it working with multiple users.

• 2 weeks later...

YouTube changed the tokens on their URLs to be IP-based so a website I made a while ago to grab YouTube videos stopped working. So just for fun I decided to code a small app in Java to do the same thing. First time using Swing and really doing anything serious in Java.

yt1.png

yt2.png

yt3.png

Has the ability to download the video, convert it to MP3 if the user wants. It also has "Fast MP3 Mode", which when checked, downloads the video, converts it and puts the MP3 in the same folder, and then deletes the video, leaving just the MP3.

Uses FFMpeg for conversion to MP3, works on Windows/Mac/Linux.

YouTube changed the tokens on their URLs to be IP-based so a website I made a while ago to grab YouTube videos stopped working. So just for fun I decided to code a small app in Java to do the same thing. First time using Swing and really doing anything serious in Java.

yt1.png

yt2.png

yt3.png

Has the ability to download the video, convert it to MP3 if the user wants. It also has "Fast MP3 Mode", which when checked, downloads the video, converts it and puts the MP3 in the same folder, and then deletes the video, leaving just the MP3.

Uses FFMpeg for conversion to MP3, works on Windows/Mac/Linux.

Make me an app to rip music from myspace.

I love you long time

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• 2 weeks later...

Working on something that shouldn't be too far away from being released:

[GEC Image]

Looks fantastic! :)

I made a similar concept around a year ago, but this was developed in a Java Application - mainly due to the lack of analysis options available via Jagex's own Grand Exchange area. It was certainly beneficial for me - without a doubt a web-based version should be awesome!

I'm working on my first ever website project (I started learning html about 2 weeks ago), in cooperation with a friend who has a bit more experience, mostly with PHP.

I'm having some trouble with Internet Explorer compatibility, the main lay-out is okay, but the drop-down menus aren't working properly (at least not for me). Does anyone have an idea to make the drop-down menus work correctly in IE?

On the site itself, it's something small, not professional or anything, which we (me and my friends) will use as a kind of blog. The site is in Dutch. To the top-left you can change the theme of the page (due to some people I showed the site to not liking the colors). Also, the page I'm linking to doesn't have a title yet, it will get one later. Also, you can't click any links yet, you'll get redirected to some ad-infested page if you do.

Constructive criticism please?

I am working on a basic text-based MMO.

I built the chat server which handles text communication.

Here is a pic of it handling over 70 users

sywdw9.jpg

I am working on the command system for the chat portion now. The next feat is to design a scripting language which will allow me to add quests and monsters and what not.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I'm doing some web design for school (My final piece for art class), I'll post some screenshots when it's closer to being done, making some good progress though.

Lol it's so funny how nobody in my class thinks that they could possibly comprehend web design, you should have heard the superlatives being thrown around. Imagine if I- *Gasp!* wrote a program in class!

C2b6gs7.png

My latest projects:

[hide=username checker for runescape].

Link

Here is what it looks like:

xm6g0o.png

I output the results to the console as well as determine a response based on the first digits of the response.

18 means the user is not available, 28 means you didn't enter a name, and 17 means it is available.

This took about 15-20 minutes to design, build, and publish as applet.

I also built a custom jar signer app as well to help speed up the process.

[/hide]

[hide=PHP Image uploader]

Here is what it looks like after you upload an image:

1271533443.png

It uploads images up to 1200KB with the extensions of "GIF","PNG","BMP"," and "JPG/JPEG".

[/hide]

[hide=Tile generation section of game I am working on]

1271533694.png

All it does it draw a map from a loop. I am working on custom map files as we speak.

[/hide]

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• 2 weeks later...

Working on a pking simulator in c++. I found out some interesting things, including assuming both people use whip/dclaws, then the best level to safe at is 650 hp or so. It's not quite finished yet, it's pretty messy. I'll be looking to add classes for different pkers and stuff instead of just having functions with 9001 arguements.

Looks awesome, Peter :thumbsup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

This updates automatically, does it?

It seems to be pretty much a copy of the GE, unless I'm missing something.

Still, looks very useful :)

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti