So, what is your current project(s)

sees_all1

First project is to make a java application that retrieves data from a client, details about animals and feed etc then stores it into a database. The second page on this will have graphs and whatnot to show all the current data in a more meaningful manner for decision making purposes. Just a uni project to learn more about java and to start up learning about databases.

The other project I have for a different unit at uni is to make a site for a pretend council that uses servlets, cookies etc to create a dynamic council site. Pretty fun, I enjoy making websites as I get confused with writing between the different OO languages that I've learnt.

Exbajalator.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on a planetary / physics thingy in Javascript. I've got quite a few kinks to work out (collision handling and stuff), but it looks cool.

If I get comfortable with it, I'll post it sometime.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Finishing up DOS 5.0 in computer repair class. Not really a project, nor coding, but I felt like posting in this thread.

At some point I will need to learn C++ to program some motor controller thingummywhats. I've got a book, and I should read more of it.

Working on a planetary / physics thingy in Javascript. I've got quite a few kinks to work out (collision handling and stuff), but it looks cool.

If I get comfortable with it, I'll post it sometime.

I'm totally tripping balls.

[hide=screenies]

gallery_153237_335_1120788.png

gallery_153237_335_792735.png

[/hide]

♪♪ And I'm not done

• 2 weeks later...

That's awesome.

I'm working on some basic stuff in C++ though, like a simple damage calculator for Pokemon, of all things. It's not too bad. Programming is actually pretty simple to a fault, it's just very specific.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• 3 weeks later...

making a planner in as3...

Wish I had a different project, same old crap is boring. Need to find a "fun" project in as3 that I can do, similar to the tripping balls.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I am building a game/general server application in Java. As of right now I can just transfer packets and perform basic actions on both the client and the server. Another project I am working on is a chatting system where you can navigate a 3d world, walk up to a toon, initiate a chat, perform a web cam chat or voice chat. When talking via a webcam, a little box will appear over the characters toon only visible to the two people chatting with each other and will show the webcam feed.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

That sounds pretty awesome :)

I'm not really doing much atm since I'm not in school, half-heartedly working on a phpbb3 mod but I doubt that'll go anywhere.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

^ Ugh, the program looks good though.

I'm working on a calculator in Python for Blender 2.5. It's going pretty good.

calculatorv1.png

Behind that simple interface there is actually quite a bit of functionality. Thanks to eval(), you can use it to do anything in math or mathutils.

C2b6gs7.png

Still working in ActionScript 3.0 - which IMHO is 100x better than JavaScript.

Have to come up with a simple application that's eye candy - I don't want to do the planets thing again that I posted above, and I'm having a hard time coming up with an app.

I thought about doing electric charges and magnets, but it'd end up being too similar to the planets.

I think I'll do a falling free body through a bunch of fixed spheres. Enough bounce and collision logic to be interesting, and enough flexibility in the end graphics to be interesting.

♪♪ And I'm not done

eval(rm -rf /)

:P

A bit of a Python n00b, aren't we?

In Python there's a clear distinction between eval() and exec(), meaning that even if the program was root, all you could to to a system is evaluate expressions at it. Which isn't very threatening.

C2b6gs7.png

• 1 month later...

Developed a web application for work in javascript/html5... it looks pretty. Unfortunately due to the nature of my work, I can't post any of it here. :-#

♪♪ And I'm not done

I'm trying to write a roguelike game. I tried it earlier, but failed (mostly due to lack of motivation). Today I managed to write a mapgen. It's certainly not good, but at least it works. I used no tutorials for it, it's 100% my own work :) I'm going to rewrite it at some point, but it's good enough for now. Next thing to add is basic combat.

[hide=screenshot]mapgen1.png

(yeah, it has nothing but walls and grass right now, and the player usually gets stuck, but otherwise it's okay)[/hide]

After a hard drive failure and losing over 900,000 lines of code (approximately), I have started on a new project. I am working on a basic mmo server in java. I will attempt to use DatagramPackets to communicate data between client and server. I am in the planning phase right now. I am planning out what will happen where and doing some pseudo-code.

sigcp.png

After a hard drive failure and losing over 900,000 lines of code (approximately), I have started on a new project. I am working on a basic mmo server in java. I will attempt to use DatagramPackets to communicate data between client and server. I am in the planning phase right now. I am planning out what will happen where and doing some pseudo-code.

What on earth were you writing that took 900k lines of code?

C2b6gs7.png

What on earth were you writing that took 900k lines of code?

Between my main projects, it added up to over 900k lines of code. Sorry if my previous statement caused any confusion. Has anyone used Dropbox before? It looks like a good way to backup things.

I have done some starter code to test a few things.

In my main Server class, every time a connection request is made, the Server will check a list of Clients to see if the user is already authenticated with the server. I am working on a database class now which will handle pulling data from a MYSQL server.

I am still deciding how exactly I will perform and test the mechanics of the server. I would pretty much have to have a game already made to do much of anything. I will probably throw a quick snake game together and use that to test things out.

What I plan on doing is sending numerical codes which the client can translate into commands. For example, as a move command, the server would send "playername 001 3 4". The 001 would tell the clients NEAR location 3,4, that playername moved to x-value 3 and y-value 4 in the game. There is no need to tell players that aren't even near playername that it is there. When the client moves, it would send ("clientID authkey 001 3 4"). The server would check to make sure the authentication key was valid for the client id and broadcast the clients position to users near 3,4 that playername moved there.

I am still brainstorming this. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know.

sigcp.png