Mud battlestaff drop

Heisenberg

finally jagex is making staffs that look different instead of a glass ball propped up on a wooden stick

Actually, all of the new ones they have come out with look alike to me. The barrows one, the slayer one...all crooked pieces of wood to me. But cool looking nonetheless.

panoramiadk9.gif

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh i bought 49k server hopping bodys at 3-7 each. i averaged at 5 gp each i could have easily have only spent 3 gp on them
I am glad that you could do that, but since after 400 or so runes they go to 7 each, you're averaging maybe 100 servers to do that? spending 30 secs between worlds and 2 minutes or more at each world, that will take you a very long time...

yes your right...however if you go look in the right forums you'll see many people manage to ... aquire 100k or 200k feathers which they sell for 10ea .... They dont wait nearly as long as you say (not because your wrong) but because they have different methods

bodies wont be the sticking point

Ugly like none else, pointless like lava.

Wow...

What's next ?

Spoken like a true figter. You Melee people never cease to disgust me. You never understand the subtle art of magic until you a wreathing in flames.

Now that I have ranted the mage out of me, I can speak intelligably.

This new staff, while not entirely usefull when using combat spells, is usefull for the wierd ones of the lot who like Curse Spells. Personnally, I'd kill for a lava staff. Think about it. You have a high enough level to cast...Earth Wave, in example. You have a limited supply of Blood Runes, but you have a considerable ammount of Death Runes. Your Bloods run out. Solution? Simply switch to Fire Blast and keep killing in the name of Zamorak.

But thats not the point. Another reason to have a Mud Staff Is to slay that irritable beast from the "Horror of the Deep" quest. Plus, this points towards a road for another 4 Combination Staffs. I'm personally looking forward to a nice Smoke Staff.

as i posted in the other thread

bodys cost 3 gp

in full PLATE amour and anything else u can find that lowers mage u can take this staf to the black dragons. sit there. and cast curse OVER, and OVER, acumulating 29exp a spell for the cost of 3gp splashing over and over and over... if u ever hit which is unlikely because i at 78 mage and hurt at 89 rarely ever hits if were in full amour on blacks. u can hit the other black drag.

soooo lets see 1.4mil for anybody willing to sit there and cast to get lvl 99...

for a pure mage this is heaven for lvling. NO HP EXP AND MASIVELY FAST LVLING

1 problem with that:

If you want to buy bodies for 3 each, then you would have to wait ages for the store to restock, and it's hard to find such cheap runes around in shops, even with world-hopping. 2nd, it is not "masively fast lvling," after 55 magic. It is quite slow. At 43 magic you can get 85k an hour with superheat, and at 74or something there is ice blitz for 110k xp an hour. It is a cheap method for poor people or for pures, but who is going to shell out 15m for a stick with which to train their pures? :( It is a nice idea, however, for low level training. btw, hp xp owns. All pures want hp.

Give it about a month or so and that staff will be what? 500k if that

OK. Assuming that, and assuming that the time to buy the runes will take ages, yea, it's gonna take a while.

On another note, buying souls for an average of 370 each (it starts at 350 i believe and goes up) that costs about 4 gp per xp, not counting the staff. That makes 52m for 99, plus the 500k for the staff. :lol: Not too cheap

Souls start at 300 in the magic guild when stocked at 250. If you buy only 50 of them, you end up paying between 300-318 gp for each rune. Just world hop and buy 50 on each world. Works great, and you spend an average of 309 for soul runes...very very cheap. And a very great way to train...especially if you have this staff. ;)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

My main issue with adding 80 requirement armor and weapons, is that it will make Rune and Dragon that much weaker. It also makes a larger gap between people with 70 stats, and people with 80 stats. The lv 80 weapons would probably cut right through barrows, let alone rune.

i personally think that high levels get the low end of things because they have been playing for a while. remember, jagex is a company. its not your friend. its not going to give high levels something cause they want it. they want money, not your friendship. so when they update, they put into consideration how to get the most amount of money. its common knowledge that most players in rs are low-mid level players. so if they make an update that benefits them, it drastically increases the chances that they won't quit rs. they think if high levels are dissppointed then who cares cause they know you've worked hard for your acc and that you won't quit, so they don't have to give you much. the low and mid level players didnt work too much on their chars, so if the game gets boring, they won't hesitate to quit. so there's my point. i would really like more 70+ level equip, especially to match barrows. just for the record, im 91, i ocnsider myself in the mid highs, since the highest you can go is 126 and the middle is around 61. =) thanks for listening

Wow...

What's next ?

entangles take only nats, curse spells only take body runes...soul spells only take souls...pointless? no.

Wow then let's all go *drool* cause we can hold an ugly stick that makes you save 1 inventory slot and some of your savings for basic runes...

All the spells it helps with are for support mage pking and a support mage won't die for some low lvl runes lost or 1 less shark in stack. Ancient mages do the trick nowadays...

I still think it's pretty pointless, other than ugly.

Its uglyness is out of discussion from that pic, maybe from another angle it looks better.

Sorry if as a lvl 122 i expected some more interesting stuff from a such announced update...

They make it like that so attack spells don't take only one rune to cast. And hating an item just because it's ugly? Dude...that's sorta stupid. Sorry.

i personally think that high levels get the low end of things because they have been playing for a while. remember, jagex is a company. its not your friend. its not going to give high levels something cause they want it. they want money, not your friendship. so when they update, they put into consideration how to get the most amount of money. its common knowledge that most players in rs are low-mid level players. so if they make an update that benefits them, it drastically increases the chances that they won't quit rs. they think if high levels are dissppointed then who cares cause they know you've worked hard for your acc and that you won't quit, so they don't have to give you much. the low and mid level players didnt work too much on their chars, so if the game gets boring, they won't hesitate to quit. so there's my point. i would really like more 70+ level equip, especially to match barrows. just for the record, im 91, i ocnsider myself in the mid highs, since the highest you can go is 126 and the middle is around 61. =) thanks for listening

They don't give much high level things because the high levels would have more things, and be stronger. Then the lowers would complain.

'Dunno if I said that how I wanted it to be read... Anyways, the armor that we have now is good. I don't really see why we need more.

Wow...

What's next ?

Already whine about new item?! Before said it. It might useful for Bind/Snare/Entangle. :roll:

Yes I'm whine because people always whine for every times new updates release. :roll:

Yeah... Its very useful for saving all those water and earth runes in the stun, enfeeble, and vulnerability spells, as well as the bind/snare/entangles/confuse/weaken/curse spells.

ahh i bought 49k server hopping bodys at 3-7 each. i averaged at 5 gp each i could have easily have only spent 3 gp on them I am glad that you could do that, but since after 400 or so runes they go to 7 each, you're averaging maybe 100 servers to do that? spending 30 secs between worlds and 2 minutes or more at each world, that will take you a very long time, even if you focus very hard at your task-why not go rc or kill dragons and buy other people's runes? even if the time equals out, you got more experience, and therefore are closer to goals.

well actualy u can buy about 433 before the price of bodys goes from 3-4 and another 433 to 5 andother to 6 and another to 7

u do the math

ahh i bought 49k server hopping bodys at 3-7 each. i averaged at 5 gp each i could have easily have only spent 3 gp on them I am glad that you could do that, but since after 400 or so runes they go to 7 each, you're averaging maybe 100 servers to do that? spending 30 secs between worlds and 2 minutes or more at each world, that will take you a very long time, even if you focus very hard at your task-why not go rc or kill dragons and buy other people's runes? even if the time equals out, you got more experience, and therefore are closer to goals.

well actualy u can buy about 433 before the price of bodys goes from 3-4 and another 433 to 5 andother to 6 and another to 7

u do the math

OK. Assuming that all the stores are at max stock, you still have pretty much the same problem. Thanks for correcting me, I'm sure it will help someone who wants to get extremely cheap magic experience.

Urza. The One. The Legend.

96703366.thumb3.jpeg

What stats it adds ? and what does it do at all ?

Mud staff is

Attack

+10 stab

-1 slash

+40 crush

+10 magic

+0 range

Defense

+2 stab

+3 slash

+1 crush

+10 magic