Ice strykerwyrms and the removal of the Fire cape requirement

tortilliachp

Yes.. Because watching a youtube video whilst at an altar is exactly like fighting Jad :unsure:

It's not exactly like fighting Jad, but it's very close. If you rather want to do Fight Cave for 2 hours and then fail then be my guest.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen of the discussions (especially the one on RSOF) this situation seems to boil down to this:

Those with firecapes are being protectionist because they don't want to see their cash cow disappear.

Those without firecapes are being whiny because they don't see it as fair that they can't cash in on said windfall.

I know that this isn't everyone on both sides, but as a general rule this is what people are saying.

Me, myself have the 93+ slayer but don't have a firecape. I really don't care weather Jagex changes the requirement. If they do, fine, if they don't I'll do fight caves.

I must disagree with you somewhat. I think the majority of those with Strykewyrms don't worry about the money. They simply don't want people to have it any easier than they did. I kind of think of it as the Nomad clause. The reason why people didn't want to see Nomad get changed was not because they were debating if he was too hard. They had killed him while hye was hard and they were darned if they'd let anyone do it easier.

I think the same applies to Strykewyrms.

While I do agree with you, seeing as how people have complained every time Jagex makes something "easier"..I.E. make all/x, ivy, ecto/altars, etc., I don't think that the outcry/outrage would have been near as loud and far reaching, with the size of the pool of slayers 93+ as small as it is, had it not been for the SoL.

newge4.png

Good quality Youtube video with in-game sound of TzTok-Jad fight (Minimize this window)+Runescape game at a altar (Minimize this also):

Train...

You don't have to get to Jad to actually train on fighting him.

Yes, of course. People with dialup connections just love browsing through streaming YouTube videos.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Yes, of course. People with dialup connections just love browsing through streaming YouTube videos.

:wall::wall::wall:

If you have a connection that's unstable all the time, then you should stop playing Runescape. But on the other hand if you have such bad connection, "simulating" a Jad fight is the closest thing you will get to Fire cape.

From what I've seen of the discussions (especially the one on RSOF) this situation seems to boil down to this:

Those with firecapes are being protectionist because they don't want to see their cash cow disappear.

Those without firecapes are being whiny because they don't see it as fair that they can't cash in on said windfall.

I know that this isn't everyone on both sides, but as a general rule this is what people are saying.

Me, myself have the 93+ slayer but don't have a firecape. I really don't care weather Jagex changes the requirement. If they do, fine, if they don't I'll do fight caves.

I must disagree with you somewhat. I think the majority of those with Strykewyrms don't worry about the money. They simply don't want people to have it any easier than they did. I kind of think of it as the Nomad clause. The reason why people didn't want to see Nomad get changed was not because they were debating if he was too hard. They had killed him while hye was hard and they were darned if they'd let anyone do it easier.

I think the same applies to Strykewyrms.

While I do agree with you, seeing as how people have complained every time Jagex makes something "easier"..I.E. make all/x, ivy, ecto/altars, etc., I don't think that the outcry/outrage would have been near as loud and far reaching, with the size of the pool of slayers 93+ as small as it is, had it not been for the SoL.

Well, whatever the particular reason for the outcry in this instance, it's still the same basic principle. People have something they can do, they have an idea so that more people can do it too, but the first people want to protect their interests, whether it be a principle, money, items, etc.

What we need here is some selfishness, and I mean real seflishness. Focusing on yourself and not worry about what others are doing.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

To you naysayers bashing SirHemen's guide, you need to remove your heads from your [wagon] immediately. That guide is very useful and has helped numerous players get their fire capes. Maybe you should try it and actually ATTEMPT the fight caves instead of crying and whining about your "poor" connections and lack of arms or whatever other excuses you can come up with.

Jesus Christ, they're not even content with just crying about the fire cape. They even feel the need to discredit great guides without even looking at them.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

To you naysayers bashing SirHemen's guide, you need to remove your heads from your [wagon] immediately. That guide is very useful and has helped numerous players get their fire capes. Maybe you should try it and actually ATTEMPT the fight caves instead of crying and whining about your "poor" connections and lack of arms or whatever other excuses you can come up with.

Jesus Christ, they're not even content with just crying about the fire cape. They even feel the need to discredit great guides without even looking at them.

Who bashed the guide? Please pay attention and tend to your own orifice.

Dial-up internet & YouTube just don't mix. The content of the guide is immaterial at this point.

PvP is not for me

Dial-up internet & YouTube just don't mix. The content of the guide is immaterial at this point.

If you can not use Youtube without getting a very bad connection, then killing Jad and obtaining Fire cape is immaterial as well.

If you can not use Youtube without getting a very bad connection, then killing Jad and obtaining Fire cape is immaterial as well.

This. A thousand times this. LordKafei, judging by your posts in this thread, I can only assume you're trolling. You're no Omali. You're not even an Eatrunearrow. Knock it off.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This. A thousand times this. LordKafei, judging by your posts in this thread, I can only assume you're trolling. You're no Omali. You're not even an Eatrunearrow. Knock it off.

+1. LordKafei has 69 slayer, and has been trolling EVERY thread about this update.

The prayer switching guide is very helpful if you aren't quite sure what signals jad's switching between attacks, but if you keep on messing up due to not watching jad since you are looking at healers, etc, then you probably need practice actually at jad.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Way too much whining about this.

Here is something I pulled off RSOF by 1 rich sheik.

I'm seeing a lot of anger of the mere consideration of a compromise for the fire cape issue. Almost as if it is a crime to compromise content once it enters the game. Why don't we just revert ALL compromised content back into it's original form.

Restore extreme potions into pvp. They were removed for the sake of pkers, so lets bring them back.

Remove +1 pking worlds. These were added the day after pking worlds got a revamp, simply because people whined about losing all of their items with no protect item prayer. It was a compromise, so remove it.

Remove chance of double deaths, laws, and bloods. This change was made because of people complaining about chance of double nature runes. So get rid of it.

Remove the 200k alternative for puzzle box in Monkey Madness. This old compromise was for people that hate puzzles, so lets get rid of the 200k alternative and force everyone that used it to redo that part of Monkey Madness.

Remove Ancient Statues. These were implemented because people complained about slayer drops crashing in price, so jagex reached a compromise by giving pkers pure cash. So lets get rid of them and restore the original pvp drops.

Restore the Seer's headband to it's original bonuses. The original bonuses were useless, so Jagex compromised and improved them. Since this is compromised content, restore the useless original bonuses.

Remove Jungle Strykewyrms from Kuradel's slayer tasks. These weren't on her original list, so take them off.

Restore the original trade limit of 30k per 15 minutes. The trade limit was compromised for the sake of players wanting to give each other gifts, so bring back the original limit.

If you think compromise is a weakness, then Jagex has been weak long before the firecape issue. You should support the removal of all compromises, regardless of who they help or hurt. Don't stop with the firecape issue, demand the restoration of ALL altered content, even if it hurts the game as a whole.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

That argument is asinine. In one case content which was hurting the majority of players, or the majority of one type of players was changed back due to being unbalanced, overpowered, or just so worthless that it needs boosting. In this case, players are protesting making the game easier, or having it made easier for others when they themselves had it harder. I spent hours trying for a fire cape, just so I could kill these. People are protesting those too lazy to try something which has a chance of failure in some instances.

Also, did we have 300+ pages of rants for any of the things he suggested, like bh world +1, seers headband, etc.

Compromise is one thing, babying down perfectly good content is another.

Dang, I wish people used logic.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

The problem is the type of compromise.

In this issue the benefits from having a fire cape are so small that they are, in essence, completely removing the requirement.

A better solution would have been to allow the firemaking skillcape as an alternative (so those who prefer not to do caves can do a more repetitive but same-cost option) or to allow Kuradel/Duradel to "sell" the ability to kill Ice Strykewyrms EVERY TASK - 2 points per strykewyrm every time you are assigned them.

2496 Completionist

+1. LordKafei has 69 slayer, and has been trolling EVERY thread about this update.

The prayer switching guide is very helpful if you aren't quite sure what signals jad's switching between attacks, but if you keep on messing up due to not watching jad since you are looking at healers, etc, then you probably need practice actually at jad.

Fool, I have 92 slayer.

PvP is not for me

Fool, I have 92 slayer.

isn't it quite immaterial for the good of the game whatever levels any of us have? This is about something bigger, namely what direction the game moves forwards. similar click-to-manage content may be released in any aspect of the game.

On the topic of the post quoted from the RSOF: the post uses a common strawman fallacy: either all compromise is good, or all compromise is bad. any post that generalizes to such an extent should not be taken seriously, as the entire premise of the argument relies on tricking the reader to believe it's either all or none when that is not the case at all. Don't let yourselves be fooled by a guy with a clear agenda he wants to manipulate you into believing.

Apparently disliking any update as it was released is whining. Saying how you'd have liked to have seen it released is whining. Wishing they'd change it in some way is whining. Everything is now considered whining. Apparently the only thing left that isn't whining is everlasting praise for Jagex and their updates. <_<

Fool, I have 92 slayer.

Thank you for having a fail sarcasm detector, and EXACTLY proving my point about you being a troll.

Stonewall337.png

When it's an update that benefits you it's amazing and every who disagrees with you is a whiner who can't be as amazing as you are and is out to steal all your pixel monies.

Would be nice if people would at least use different words. Critcizing, complaining, kvetching, bemoaning, griping, moaning, wailing, disagreeing, disapproving, etc.

Something, anything. I'm tired of the word "whining."

Reading through the post on the RSOF by Mod Chris L, it seems like it's going to be a highly glitch update....... You can use points to get a task? To me that calls out that people will go "right pay for one now" *does task* *Does another task (so that the whole masters can't assign same monster twice thing isn't a pain)* *goes back and pays for another*

This now makes me think they're going to kill off slayer. With this technical buying of the skill using points I wouldn't be surprised to see people on RSOF Critcizing, complaining, kvetching, bemoaning, griping, moaning, wailing, disagreeing and disapproving about it until they can have say Abyssal Demons put on this list of "buyable tasks" Then there could be more Critcizing, complaining, kvetching, bemoaning, griping, moaning, wailing, disagreeing and disapproving if it's a high value of slayer points because it'll eat into peoples profits/stop them cancelling/blocking tasks.

This to me is one of Jagex's worst choices to date. So much so, ima actually walk to Sainsburys because A. I'm hungry, and B. It's half in disgust of reading about the update on my computer.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I'm sorry, i'm not a walking thesaurus.

I wasn't talking about you. I was saying in general people only use that one word. I'd like a little more variety.

And Ez, I don't think you'll be able to buy tasks, just the ability to get this one task if you already have the level to kill it.

And Ez, I don't think you'll be able to buy tasks, just the ability to get this one task if you already have the level to kill it.

It starts with this. "Just the ability to get this one task". People who have 85 slayer will do all the things you said: Critcizing, complaining, kvetching, bemoaning, griping, moaning, wailing, disagreeing and disapproving until they can have demons assigned to them by sacrificing a few slayer points....... Though actually this isn't a good example as they're campable....... Hmmm..... Jungle/desert Strykewyrms? Basically any monster that HAS to be task assigned to kill will be moaned about until it's put on this list. After that point what will the point in slayer be? You can get the tasks if you have the levels, and you can camp the others when you have the level..... The what will slayer actually achieve? Nothing really. At 85 I can see people going "right then, that's it." *camping* And then just going to Soul Wars or something to get it up quickly.

They have managed to create an amazing piece of content then destroy it a few weeks later. =D> I wasn't sure if they could do it; but my God they showed me.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I'm sorry, i'm not a walking thesaurus.

I wasn't talking about you. I was saying in general people only use that one word. I'd like a little more variety.

You're right, you can buy it as a permanent ability similar to making slayer helms.

What I'd like to know is why those of us who cannot afford a fast computer/internet connection are being catered for, but those of us who went out and got jobs so they could afford this stuff and then (because of their jobs) didn't have the time to get 93 slayer are being discriminated against!

(I hope to god nobody thinks I'm serious though it is a valid point)

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever