3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

In 3-4 years, a purple partyhat will be worth far more than 600m true price. They keep getting harder and harder to get, so if you like them, like I do, it is not unreasonable to try to nab them now while they're plentiful compared to what they will be years down the road.

If all you care about is GPs, you should stick with better methods, like flipping as you said. But for me, I only need about 150m more GP to max out all my character's stats, not counting all the money I'll make from mining, runecrafting, and the like. I simply have no use for more gp.

--

Question about prices: I have 3 onyx rings and a purple partyhat. How close am I to trading for a yellow?

I found a thread with someone offering very similar to your offer (onyx rings are around 4k wergalis, and crowns are like 1.5k). Nobody has posted, and I'm not sure if it is close or not.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?36,37,966,60992066

QFC: 36-37-966-60992066

lalalasig2.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.

Let's say I have a Red Partyhat, and I want to transform it into a Green Partyhat, an Elysian Shield and excess cash. How would this be possible?

I have no junk.

Not possible without junk.

On another note: there is a lot of fuss about some videos of a guy named Sunlink who is loosing over 100B in rares (mostly santas) on youtube. Apperently,they are fake, but they santas are rising a lot lately, naturally or due to this rumours?

Okay.

Let's say I have a Red Partyhat, and I want to transform it into a Green Partyhat, an Elysian Shield and excess cash. How would this be possible?

I have no junk.

Not possible without junk.

On another note: there is a lot of fuss about some videos of a guy named Sunlink who is loosing over 100B in rares (mostly santas) on youtube. Apperently,they are fake, but they santas are rising a lot lately, naturally or due to this rumours?

I mean I have no junk at the moment, but how could I do this transaction? I have no clue myself.

Currently, I have 2 santas, a mask set, and X amount of cash. I can get myself a Purple Partyhat. At the current economic climate, what is better in the long run if I'm aiming for a higher partyhat?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Currently, I have 2 santas, a mask set, and X amount of cash. I can get myself a Purple Partyhat. At the current economic climate, what is better in the long run if I'm aiming for a higher partyhat?

If you can keep enough cash to merch after you bought the phat and sold the junk, I'd get a phat. They're not going to get easier to get I think. Once you got that phat, get rid of the junk (not that hard, did 300m myself recently) and save up for an upgrade, be it in raw cash, or bought out items.

I have enough cash to buy the partyhat, and that's about it. And I don't merchant at all. I quit 2 years ago and got those rares when they were worth a total of 40m.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

I have enough cash to buy the partyhat, and that's about it. And I don't merchant at all. I quit 2 years ago and got those rares when they were worth a total of 40m.

Then you can't buy the partyhat, because people are only selling it with 350m+ junk, or trading it for other high street value items. Your santas and mask set will help, but they are certainly not enough to just get your purple for trade price.

Well I see people trying to buy Purple Phats for Mast Set, 1 santa and 50M Cash, and people are saying nice offer etc. So I don't see why a purple is within my grasp with those items.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Well I see people trying to buy Purple Phats for Mast Set, 1 santa and 50M Cash, and people are saying nice offer etc. So I don't see why a purple is within my grasp with those items.

Well, when I bought my purple around 1-2 weeks ago, I payed 6 santas + cash, and still had to accept 300m junk. Okay, I got ripped off quite a bit, and probably shouldn't have accepted this much junk, or should have offered less santas (santas were going for about 20m above med), but still. I for one wouldn't sell it in a million years for such an offer. Santas are pretty easy to get, I know that one out of experience. Not sure about masks, but they can't be that hard to get.

They get their friends to go on the forums and say its a nice offer, to try and fool others into thinking it is.

I would never in a million years accept that offer for my purple.

fkshfjknsjg9.png

Those videos are a couple weeks old by now

yes.png

Lets just say that the CB was never given the stomp ability. They would of crashed a few weeks after they started going up 10m a day. They aren't THAT useful. Ely and divine are only effective on things where you get hit for alot of damage often. Not that useful to remove 1-2 damage per hit :

They wouldn't crash so soon. Spirit sheilds are the best sheilds in game, and you have to be a decent level or have high lsp just to get one. Spectral is super useful at arma, arcane is usefull at bursting lobs/DK maging. Elysian removes 25% of the damage 70% of the time, and divine removes 30% of the damage all the time. Hard to get really owned with that bonus.

I see them as similar to Godswords - they won;t crash for awhile, but when it comes it will be big.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

Lets just say that the CB was never given the stomp ability. They would of crashed a few weeks after they started going up 10m a day. They aren't THAT useful. Ely and divine are only effective on things where you get hit for alot of damage often. Not that useful to remove 1-2 damage per hit :

They wouldn't crash so soon. Spirit sheilds are the best sheilds in game, and you have to be a decent level or have high lsp just to get one. Spectral is super useful at arma, arcane is usefull at bursting lobs/DK maging. Elysian removes 25% of the damage 70% of the time, and divine removes 30% of the damage all the time. Hard to get really owned with that bonus.

I see them as similar to Godswords - they won;t crash for awhile, but when it comes it will be big.

Didn't they crash around when they hit around 300m? Seem to have recovered quite nicely.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Didn't they crash around when they hit around 300m? Seem to have recovered quite nicely.

Godswords are easily replaced by whips. I challenge you to find me one item in RS that can replace a Divine.

120dgl.jpg

He's a fake.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

He's a fake.

I was fooled :rolleyes:

[hide]Although I personally don't want to accept what I see in those videos, as far as I can tell they look legit. 2r1ch4mybank is a real person (on RS highscores) with stats that match those in his videos. The videos are quite complex (showing many different elements of RS) which would be quite difficult to fake IMO. According to the videos, he made that account (currently named 2r1ch4mybank) on May 4th, 2009 and posted a bank video showing over 30 billion by Jan 1st, 2010 (that's 0 to 30 billion in 7 months!!). :ohnoes:

Since then he has released 8 videos entitled "Rares are Rares" which show him losing tons of rares in various ways. The first video was uploaded on Jan 15th, 2010 and the most recent was uploaded on May 14th, 2010. In those 8 videos the following rares are dropped:

2 Elysian Spirit Shields

1 Divine Spirit Shield

26 Easter Eggs

2203 Santa Hats

1 Green H'ween Mask

20 Blue H'ween Masks

19 Red H'ween Masks

1 Purple Partyhat

1 Yellow Partyhat

11 Green Partyhats

16 Red Partyhats

1 White Partyhat

13 Blue Partyhats

3 Christmas Crackers

. . . for a total GE value (prices as of May 18th, 2010) of . . . 216,248.5 million gp (over 216 billion gp!) :ohnoes:

I realize that this only represents a tiny fraction of the total rares out there, but I believe this would have an affect on their value and availability. If anything, these videos will cause more hoarding as people will believe that loads of rares are disappearing, thus driving their prices even higher. The psychology of it all may well play a bigger role in the rares market than the actual loss of the rares (as seen in those videos).

If 2r1ch4mybank can make 200B in roughly 6 months, what is there to stop him from continuing this madness?

Will tradeable holiday rares disappear forever?

Will I ever get my green partyhat? :wall:[/hide]

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

"Oh dear, you appear to be [developmentally delayed]ed."

That made my day.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

LOL I'm so gullible :oops: :oops: :oops:

Umm . . . yeah . . . just ignore all of my previous analysis. I didn't know that this kind of software existed. I do remember wondering why nobody was following him as he walked around with all that stuff. <_<

So how many noobs out there like me will fall for this and panic?

BTW, thanks for showing me the light! =D>

Yes Sunlink is a total fake.

I've seen my cousin mess around with that type of software, its actually incredibly easy. He changed 10gp to max cash and whatnot but as soon as you offered to trade it or bank it it went back to the original ammount.

All the software does is trick your computer into thinking you have that, not the jagex servers. So it appears as max cash to you, but the jagex server knows that its only 10gp.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

They get their friends to go on the forums and say its a nice offer, to try and fool others into thinking it is.

yeah, its kind of funny that even intelligent merchants can fall for it.

[hide]

He's a fake.

[hide]Although I personally don't want to accept what I see in those videos, as far as I can tell they look legit. 2r1ch4mybank is a real person (on RS highscores) with stats that match those in his videos. The videos are quite complex (showing many different elements of RS) which would be quite difficult to fake IMO. According to the videos, he made that account (currently named 2r1ch4mybank) on May 4th, 2009 and posted a bank video showing over 30 billion by Jan 1st, 2010 (that's 0 to 30 billion in 7 months!!). :ohnoes:

Since then he has released 8 videos entitled "Rares are Rares" which show him losing tons of rares in various ways. The first video was uploaded on Jan 15th, 2010 and the most recent was uploaded on May 14th, 2010. In those 8 videos the following rares are dropped:

2 Elysian Spirit Shields

1 Divine Spirit Shield

26 Easter Eggs

2203 Santa Hats

1 Green H'ween Mask

20 Blue H'ween Masks

19 Red H'ween Masks

1 Purple Partyhat

1 Yellow Partyhat

11 Green Partyhats

16 Red Partyhats

1 White Partyhat

13 Blue Partyhats

3 Christmas Crackers

. . . for a total GE value (prices as of May 18th, 2010) of . . . 216,248.5 million gp (over 216 billion gp!) :ohnoes:

I realize that this only represents a tiny fraction of the total rares out there, but I believe this would have an affect on their value and availability. If anything, these videos will cause more hoarding as people will believe that loads of rares are disappearing, thus driving their prices even higher. The psychology of it all may well play a bigger role in the rares market than the actual loss of the rares (as seen in those videos).

If 2r1ch4mybank can make 200B in roughly 6 months, what is there to stop him from continuing this madness?

[/hide]

umm, if i recall, there used to be a money editor where you would "edit" the amount of stackables to how much you want it to be.

Ex: the original amount of coins you have is 5000gp. you then used the editor to make it look like, lets say 5m gp and it would look legit

but then once you try to trade it, the amount reverts back to its original. I THINK the same trick is being used, although I

could be wrong.

and I vote that its fake...cmon....216 Bill?... :wall:

yeah, its kind of funny that even intelligent merchants can fall for it.

[hide]

He's a fake.

2 Elysian Spirit Shields

1 Divine Spirit Shield

26 Easter Eggs

2203 Santa Hats

1 Green H'ween Mask

20 Blue H'ween Masks

19 Red H'ween Masks

1 Purple Partyhat

1 Yellow Partyhat

11 Green Partyhats

16 Red Partyhats

1 White Partyhat

13 Blue Partyhats

3 Christmas Crackers

[/hide]

umm, if i recall, there used to be a money editor where you would "edit" the amount of stackables to how much you want it to be.

Ex: the original amount of coins you have is 5000gp. you then used the editor to make it look like, lets say 5m gp and it would look legit

but then once you try to trade it, the amount reverts back to its original. I THINK the same trick is being used, although I

could be wrong.

and I vote that its fake...cmon....216 Bill?... :wall:

I believe its called a hex editor, and its been around since RSC

pandapk2.jpg

"intelligent merchant" seems a bit oxymoronic...

Anywho how are onyx doing? considering going for one through slayer, instead of jad.

Stonewall337.png