3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I havn't played runescape for a while.. is it still virtually impossible to buy 3rd age from ge or has that changed? have the prices evened out to what the street value is? thanks.

They were buyable in the GE for a few weeks, but it is bought out again. Melee is basically worth a purple now.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, it seems most items are deflating again now? Do you guys think this is temporarily, because of people playing dung and selling their items, or a long term effect because of the money sink we will have when people are using chaotic weapons/shields?

So, it seems most items are deflating again now? Do you guys think this is temporarily, because of people playing dung and selling their items, or a long term effect because of the money sink we will have when people are using chaotic weapons/shields?

I don't really think so. My thoughts are that the huge resivoirs of GP in many 76k'ers banks are starting to get low. Frankly, I was hoping that the rewards would be large money sink, but I can't really see them being that big. Yes, they're pretty much 1 handed GS's, but I don't see enough people bothering to get 80 just to get one of these wepons. Maybe some high leveled PKers, or maxed monster hunters who want to have a shield with a good wepon, but I don't see the average 'scaper getting these, whereas 76k'ing was done by a large chunk of average 'scapers.

If you compare barrows armour's cost which is ~20k/hour, then for these d'eering rewards to be on par with barrows armour there will need to be 10% as many chaotic items as barrows sets. Not only are there a LOT of barrows sets used, but we never even really consider it to be a note-worthy money sink.

Pfft, just checked my Arcane in the GE and wtf, why are they so low? It's not like the new shields are worth the tokens tbh.

Yes and no. If you think about it, a good team can get around 40k+ xp dung an hour (4000+ tokens an hour). That's ~50 hours of playing for 200k tokens. Assuming you can make 1.5M an hour, 50 hours would be equal to about 75M in coins.

The shields themselves are less efficient on stats than their spirit shield counterparts, however the shields have "special effects" which may boost their efficiency over the spirit shields in certain circumstances. A mager with a Farseer kiteshield is likley going to outperform a mager with a Arance SS in PvP due to the special effects of the Farseer Kite.

In the long run the Farseer kiteshield is going to be far more expensive than the Arcane Spirit Shield would be, but at the risk of higher efficiency in some locations. If you do not use the shields for those locations (using the special attacks) then the shields are indeed worse than the Spirit Shields. However if you do use the special effects, the new shields can outperform Spirit Shields (at a higher cost).

In other words, Arcane, Spectral, and Elysian are still great shields, but slightly less useful now as the new shields can outperform them in certain situations. They wont dry crash to nothing, but will not likley be the cost they were before this update. Divine price is unaffected since none of the shields can outperform it.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but don't the new shields only effect damage over 200? and I think that Kree's max with mage is around 25, if that, so a big chunk of the damage would be missed.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Disks are catching on to the easter crash. Pumpkins probably don't have much longer. Huzzah!

So does this mean that wearable rares will see a slow down, or just that it's going to take more edibles to buy them?

yes.png

Disks are catching on to the easter crash. Pumpkins probably don't have much longer. Huzzah!

So does this mean that wearable rares will see a slow down, or just that it's going to take more edibles to buy them?

probably both. although there may be other conveniences that will be used like unf wergs or some sort.

Purples are going for more than 5 eggs now.

lalalasig2.png

Yup, partyhats will be traded for other partyhats I guess. Purple is ~600m or now something. I guess this means an even stronger partyhat buyout.

I am guessing the buyout is of equal strength as it was before, just people are clinging on to them due to lower confidence of the... not too rare edibles, such as the easter egg.

Hmm. The economy should sort itself out, I guess. Until Jagex messes it up again

I would assume fairly quickly here, santa hats are notorious for being extremely unstable. From my experience any time you think you can make a profit, do it, because tomorrow could be the day.

clansig7.gif

Anyone know the price of elysian in wergali unf, also is making werg unf or opening kinglies the best way to gain street price without buying junk.

Anyone know the price of elysian in wergali unf, also is making werg unf or opening kinglies the best way to gain street price without buying junk.

You have the stats to camp Obby monsters. Unless Onyx has fallen

Not gonna camp obby monsters for 50 hours though.

According to Bladewing, it would take about 20 hours with maxed stats, turmoil, steel titan, etc.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'll probably come to regret this but it's still like 275m profit which is pretty nice anyway

defaultname2010160953.png

Well, easters wont last for long, disk and pumpkin could've been worth keeping... >.>

@ squareroot: As said before, according to string, it takes roughly 22h to get an onyx. ~4m/h streetvalue is pretty good imo

@ bladewing: >.> It's probably rising, according to fishy that is... I gotta check w2 tbh