3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Looking back at some of the first pages, it has now been 1 year since manipulators bought out phats. People were all concerned that they would be stuck with them after a crash...1 year later and they still haven't crashed (thanks a lot PVP rewards! :wall: ). They still appear to be going strong. At this point, with a HUGE portion of phats stuck in the banks of hoarders, is it even possible for the phat market to crash? They cost so much in the GE now that, even if new 'epic' items are tradable (and buyable for GP which is unlikely) , it should only require a hoarder to sell 1 partyhat to get it. If there are say, 200 people who would sell off a phat for this item (again assuming they do this via the GE and not street price) is this even enough to crash the market?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, since phats are so valuable GE price, that you only need to sell one to get anything you want which means that these hoarders will never get rid of enough of their phats and the buyout will continue. Am I right in assuming this? Or is there somehting I'm missing?

In theory, 200 phats sold over the GE shouldn't hurt the market that bad, but they will probably be sold within 1-3 days after the new items come out. Depending on what people are getting them, this could lead to a lot of threads and pics popping up showing that they've become buyable over the GE, causing a panic. The market is unpredictable like that.

I believe that the phats will crash, or at least have their street price devaluated a lot when the new lvl 80+ weapons and armour appear to be buyable, which I doubt like you.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id say your on the money Phats are way too rare to ever crash and they are only slowly becoming more rare.

What is the "street value" in GP for 5 Santas 2 green masks 1 blue and a yellow p hat?

Santa hat = 54M x 5 = 270M (Very stable atm)

Green H'ween = 70M x 2 = 140M (hearing they are between min and med)

Blue H'ween = 90M x 1 = 90M (not too sure on this one, seeing offers from 87-95)

Yellow Phat = 600M x 1 = 600M (seeing offers ranging from 1 egg + 2 onyx to 2 eggs)

So in total you're looking at 1.1B. Keep in mind, I'm F2P so I can't get to W2 to see the 'real' street prices, but sifting through the RSOF, averaging offers and steering clear of manipulators is usually a good way to approximate.

well i have ~110M and was wondering how much more i would need to get the lowest priced phat, thanks.

Purples are pretty much the same as easter eggs which are like 330M, so you have a way to go. Unless you snipe an easter on the GE....then again you would still need 200M junk....

Junk isn't too hard to obtain, if you look closely at making unf potions and cleaning herbs, sometimes that makes like 2m/h for junk (lol ranging mixes were ruined a few days after i supposedly 'leaked' it)

Can anyone care to explain to me what is going on with current gem prices?

Are they being merched or is it just inflation?

A clan hit emerald rings. That forced cut emeralds up, then uncut emerald, and since emeralds cost so much, rubies naturally rose to maintain the gap and then diamonds did. Sapphires just rose to try to keep up with the rest. Don't you just love manipulation clans' effect on the economy? I know I do! :wall:

Oh so that's what happened to dueling rings :mad: , they cost so much now.

Btw, what's a good way to work towards a higher end rare? Like a red mask/ phat? I probably will never be able to get one, but I'd like to know. Would camping for tokkuls for onyx's and farming wergs be a good idea to start?

Kinda offtopic and double post but I'm gonna point out something; Gold jewellery is probably going to be manipulated ALOT more now, there is infinite demand at ge min with the Rogue from summers end, thus if used as 'junk' whilst crashing, it'll be 95% GE Value. This will probably explain why sapphire rings and emerald rings got 'manipulated', although at first seems a fairly bad choice.

Kinda offtopic and double post but I'm gonna point out something; Gold jewellery is probably going to be manipulated ALOT more now, there is infinite demand at ge min with the Rogue from summers end, thus if used as 'junk' whilst crashing, it'll be 95% GE Value. This will probably explain why sapphire rings and emerald rings got 'manipulated', although at first seems a fairly bad choice.

Yes, jewelery has been a hot item for F2P clans for a while now (most are led by members). Because of the rogue, the leaders don't even have to predump on their clan. They just force it as high as it can go and when it crashes just dump the items on the rogue. You may not be able to sell for max, but there is no fear as to pushing it to its absolute max because there is an 'easy way out'. Plus, when the item does inevitably fail, the price never goes down because the leaders with the massive percent stake in the item just dump them into the rogue. (see diamond amulets for an example).

Manipulation clans operate on the "greater fool" principle. Since there is a greatest fool, the rogue, with unlimited purchasing power, these are the IDEAL item.

I can't wait for the rogue to be removed and all gold jewelry crash.

Manipulation clans operate on the "greater fool" principle. Since there is a greatest fool, the rogue, with unlimited purchasing power, these are the IDEAL item.

I've been waiting for that update for almost two years now...

Naaxi.png

I've been waiting for that update for almost two years now...

There doesn't seem to be enough attention focused on it, as it's rarely discussed with Jmods. Perhaps someone here could suggest that on high level forums.... but otherwise, I wouldn't expect any patches on it anytime soon. Is it even possible to report the rogue as a bug, since nothing is really supposed to have infinite demand?

Any insight into sara brew prices? Assuming it's increased demand from Overload users but not sure.

The number of people that can make overloads is still relatively small, it shouldn't affect prices much

Any insight into sara brew prices? Assuming it's increased demand from Overload users but not sure.

They are still buyable at med price(3 dose).

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

How would I go about buying a green phat if I don't have any lesser rares like eggs etc.?

Getting a divine/elysian, getting dozens of onyx rings, sniping lesser rares off the ge, sniping the hat itself off the ge, buying the green partyhat or lesser rares with hundreds of millions of junk on the forums, or getting lucky and trading hundreds of millions of risings for the hat or lesser rares.

lalalasig2.png

How would I go about buying a green phat if I don't have any lesser rares like eggs etc.?

Getting a divine/elysian, getting dozens of onyx rings, sniping lesser rares off the ge, sniping the hat itself off the ge, buying the green partyhat or lesser rares with hundreds of millions of junk on the forums, or getting lucky and trading hundreds of millions of risings for the hat or lesser rares.

In the last month or so I've gone from 20 santas to a red, and I think I've learned some things along the way. If I were starting from scratch and trying to get a green right now, here's what I'd do. First, you need a cashpile. Right now, 1B would be safe. You possibly could do it with as little as 700M. The first step would be to buy two easters. These can be bought for cash. They trade in the 300's. Right now, figure pushing 400M each. A few days ago they were going about 300M each. You should buy 2. Once you have the two eggs, getting the green is simple -- you just put the eggs together with cash. Because greens are very hot right now, I might have to add some wergali (unf), and these can easily be bought for cash. Feel free to follow up with questions.

Getting a divine/elysian is not a good idea. Both of those are declining in value. If you have a divine, you easily can get a green, but why would you do that? As for the elysian, they're dropping fast. I doubt you could even get a green for an elysian right now. You do NOT need dozens of onyx rings. Nine easily should be enough for the green, but getting it with easters would be easier. You might be able to buy the green with hundreds of millions of junk, but that would be very hard to do. Honestly, I think I've given you the easiest way. If you have the cash (between 700M and 1B, probably closer to 1B), you probably could get the green within an hour or two.

Having said all of that, I, personally, would not buy a green right now. They've been successfully manipulated on the RSOF and their street has skyrocketed. If you're just in love with the green, then go for it because they may never come back down. But if you're just trying to get a first phat for an investment, the yellow (which has really born the brunt of the upward manipulation of the green) is relatively very cheap right now. If you have a big enough cashpile to get a green, then you probably could get a red for about an extra 400M. The method would be the same except that you'd have to add another egg and maybe another onyx.

punitivedsig.png

so.

atm i got a santa, a blue h'ween, and a few k werg seeds ill be farming for pots.

total bank = ~230m

low on cash atm, should i sell santa and try flipping, along with farming/rc'ing?

or just keep both rares and continue farm/rc w/e to make money

in the hope of gradually having enough for a purple.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

How many warg pots would I need to upgrade yellow to red?

The difference between yellow and red is between 1.5-1.8 easters. So you'll need 18-20k werg unfs I believe.

@Gilformen: Don't bother making the wergali into unfs. You're better off selling the herbs for gp. Santas are fairly stable and confidence in another buyout is low (do to only moderate success), so you should be able to buy it back when you've made "enough" flipping. RCing sucks for money too.

Is Royal finally crashing to the point where we will be able to buy them over the GE soon?

I know Infinity crashed recently, so I'm just wondering if merchants will give up Royal so us common folk can finally buy them at a reasonable price.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.