3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Any chances of getting a red h'ween mask? what should i look for/do?

Might be buyable in GE -- I heard they crashed today.

should i wait then?

Personally, I'm not buying masks at this price point.

What do you think about santas? They are still much cheaper than a blue h'ween mask, yet they don't seem any signs of rising (but they're not crashing either at least)

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should i wait then?

What do you think about santas? They are still much cheaper than a blue h'ween mask, yet they don't seem any signs of rising (but they're not crashing either at least)

Personally, I still like santas as a long-term investment. They're not in favor with the street right now, which is why I like them. I bought two yesterday below mid just to dip my toe back in the water. I had 20 before, but I sold on the spike and used the proceeds to get a red.

punitivedsig.png

should i wait then?

Personally, I still like santas as a long-term investment. They're not in favor with the street right now, which is why I like them. I bought two yesterday below mid just to dip my toe back in the water. I had 20 before, but I sold on the spike and used the proceeds to get a red.

Wait, you got a red phat out of 20 santa's? That's pretty nice. Did you end up with any junk?

Just bought a santa at ~med. Good investment in case I come back I think.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Wait, you got a red phat out of 20 santa's? That's pretty nice. Did you end up with any junk?

20 x 50m = 1000m. You can buy a red for that.

Link is broke. Just leads to the RSOF, no special thread.

Also.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to this thread.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Other variables the same (meaning no huge money drains / change of gameplay that changes the direction of wealth).. In the long run, even the smaller rares will will continue to rise. PVPers AND people with maxed cash have to spend their gp somewhere and most gear has hit their peak points. Jagex has to rectify this problem because IMO it's a huge one.

Sorry about the broken link :(

Here is the quick find code: 17-18-412-60444897

Edit: above link has been repaired :thumbsup:

I'm going to be plain and simple and say NO. It is written by one of the world 2 merchants who, like most others, buy for lower, seller for higher, and manipulate prices through propaganda. Although his information seems accurate (except for partyhat cash street prices), he can easily slip (on purpose) and manipulate a price if he sees an avid following to his thread. RSOF is something you shouldn't really trust because it's too hard to moderate all the content that goes on there, causing it to be infested with bad 'stuff'.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

The thing is those prices are the prices to a select minority of the Rs population. It's like the world is split into regulars and merchants. Regulars wouldn't pay over 10m for an egg because they are useless and can't even be shown off. Regulars probably wouldn't pay over 500m for a phat either. But merchants pay astronomical prices because all they want to do it turn it around to make even more money. They don't actually want the item, just the monetary value placed on it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

5.2b for a blue partyhat? For a completely useless item??? My god some people must be stupid. Or bored.

its DISCONTINUED, which means their numbers are not increasing. Its reasonable to pay a lot for them because they simply cannot be produced whatsoever.

In my opinion, they are still way underpriced and have a long way to go before they're due for a crash.

Sorry about the broken link :(

Here is the quick find code: 17-18-412-60444897

Edit: above link has been repaired :thumbsup:

He overvalues eggs... I guess he has a few of them.

Here you go: Street Calc ;)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

5.2b for a blue partyhat? For a completely useless item??? My god some people must be stupid. Or bored.

its DISCONTINUED, which means their numbers are not increasing. Its reasonable to pay a lot for them because they simply cannot be produced whatsoever.

In my opinion, they are still way underpriced and have a long way to go before they're due for a crash.

I think that there is a flaw in your reasoning there.

The inccrease in price is too steap and not at all natural at the moment, the demand is inflated by hundreds of greedy merchers.

Yellow partyhat was 100m and buyable at lowest not so long ago. (that is how I got mine, which I still got)

The item was discontinued then, and stil is now.

I think that there is a flaw in your reasoning there.

The inccrease in price is too steap and not at all natural at the moment, the demand is inflated by hundreds of greedy merchers.

Yellow partyhat was 100m and buyable at lowest not so long ago. (that is how I got mine, which I still got)

The item was discontinued then, and stil is now.

All of the above ^ but I'd say the current state of party hats is more so due to gp creation via PVP (obviously) which then trickles back down to MHers, raw material collectors, etc. This in turn, has created massive inflation, and, as I said months ago on this post as gear was rising, it would come to a point and stop, because if armadyl hilts reached 1 bill, everyone would be fighting Kree.

Party hats increasing 1 percent per day, even at their now near peak prices, is not enough to sustain equalibrium prices. Supply cannot reach an equilibrium point with demand. The demand at the price players are willing to pay (which technically is picked by and also bottlenecked by the GE price, which could be viewed as sort of a government intervention) is growing faster than quantity supplied for that price. Do you know how many people have 500m+ nowadays? There simply are not enough party hats to go around at their current prices. Way underpriced.

There is definitely a rare "bubble" at the moment, further increasing demand for rares. For example, On Feb. 1st. Santas spiked up almost out of no where, and seem to be leveling off at around 55m.

I want some battle robes.

I am halfway to an uncut onyx so I could get that. An alternative would be making wergali unf potions.

Currently what is the street price of the battle robes set? Would it be better to just camp the rest of the onyx or farm wergali unf pots?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

I am halfway to an uncut onyx so I could get that. An alternative would be making wergali unf potions.

Currently what is the street price of the battle robes set? Would it be better to just camp the rest of the onyx or farm wergali unf pots?

why not do both?

pere_grin.png

why not do both?

Probably will, either way I would like to know the street price of the robes so I can know how many wergali unf I need to farm on top of my onyx.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

How many dark bows = 1 set of battle robes?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

A few days ago i was seeing people sell full battle robe sets for around 10mil each. They may be in short supply at times and hard to buy, but overall they seem cheaper then things they are traded for.

jpegsigtest.jpg