3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Masks are being bought up again, they're not even selling for max now.

Good thing I bought a Blue Mask for 55m + junk yesterday when they were "crashing".

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Yep masks are on the rise again with this buyout most likley stronger than the last. Expect red and maybe blue to go over 100m and green to get close. Also santas will start heading up next update if they haven't already.

Arzian.png

Glad i held onto my masks then :) I always always PANIC buy and sell but this time i didnt and it worked out :D I brought the set when reds were 60m just because I wanted one, not for an investment. So im happy about that!

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Yep masks are on the rise again with this buyout most likley stronger than the last. Expect red and maybe blue to go over 100m and green to get close. Also santas will start heading up next update if they haven't already.

Yay, I bought 4 Santas 30-35m each with the junk I got from buying 2 Hooks for cash. Pro merching tbh :thumbsup:.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Santas still buy instant for max, but some people I know have loads of junk and they're buying santas so I guess it won't crash for much longer (not sure about the crashing part though)

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

Santas still buy instant for max, but some people I know have loads of junk and they're buying santas so I guess it won't crash for much longer (not sure about the crashing part though)

I bought 2 of them at minimum instantly about 4 hours ago.

Would uncut onxy/ onxy rings be any good for buying a party hat, or an edible? Basically, I'm considering getting a rare, outside of a mask/santa, within the next 6 months or so, but I don't have any rares yet, so I need to work my way up somehow. What is my best option?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Would uncut onxy/ onxy rings be any good for buying a party hat, or an edible? Basically, I'm considering getting a rare, outside of a mask/santa, within the next 6 months or so, but I don't have any rares yet, so I need to work my way up somehow. What is my best option?

Personally I'm going to try to get a hook or two. Take what, 13 hours to get at the arena? Apparently worth ~80M street though

yes.png

I'd rather alch my SGS then go to agil arena for 13 hours.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

I'm generally always out of the loop in these discussions, so I apologise in advance for my ignorance.

Anyway, I sold a Blood Talisman while cleaning out my bank and was surprised to find that it sold for well over 100k. Afterward, I looked up the GE graph for the item and saw that it's been practically skyrocketing in price... is there a specific reason for this? Did I just inadvertently sell a "new Mint Cake"? :mellow:

Also, if anyone could take the time to tell me, what's the status of White Phats? Thanks in advance. :)

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

I'm generally always out of the loop in these discussions, so I apologise in advance for my ignorance.

Anyway, I sold a Blood Talisman while cleaning out my bank and was surprised to find that it sold for well over 100k. Afterward, I looked up the GE graph for the items and saw that it's been practically skyrocketing in price... is there a specific reason for this? Did I just inadvertently sell a "new Mint Cake"? :mellow:

Also, if anyone could take the time to tell me, what's the status of White Phats? Thanks in advance. :)

No you just contributed to a solo merchant or a small group of merchancts earning more money, they have just bought out an item with low supply and due to it being a small group or solo no one dumps early so it just keeps going and going. Look at black and white flowers, granite maces, brine sabres etc it has happenend to many things and still is happening to lots of things.

I bet if they crash to 70k or something they will rise again to 2x their previous peak price, look at brine sabres it's insane.

Arzian.png

Been lurking around this thread for a while, can someone tell me how w2 trading works? I fail to understand junk trading. I want a divine but I think I'll settle for a ely for now, from what I can gather it seems like a ely trades for 2 eggs + cash? Don't know if I'm right or not but if that's the case how would I get 2 eggs with no rares/junk?

Been lurking around this thread for a while, can someone tell me how w2 trading works? I fail to understand junk trading. I want a divine but I think I'll settle for a ely for now, from what I can gather it seems like a ely trades for 2 eggs + cash? Don't know if I'm right or not but if that's the case how would I get 2 eggs with no rares/junk?

Here is how I think it works:

Basicaly, there are 2 prices:

-the street price

-the exchange price

Junk has some exchange price and no street price, where as some items (partyhats, risings,...) have a street price higher then than their exchange price.

The basic idea is, that when you trade, you balance the trade in both the exchange price and in the street price ( by selling or buying junk to/from another player).

I think, that these are the basics, although I am not sure, so if someone could explain in more detail, if I missed anything.

-the street price

-the exchange price

Junk has some exchange price and no street price, where as some items (partyhats, risings,...) have a street price higher then than their exchange price.

The basic idea is, that when you trade, you balance the trade in both the exchange price and in the street price ( by selling or buying junk to/from another player).

I think, that these are the basics, although I am not sure, so if someone could explain in more detail, if I missed anything.

Say someone has a divine spirit shield, the street price is 800m(that's not the real street price I'm just making something up for this example) but the ge price is 510m. The player selling the divine spirit shield would probably add junk, generally crashing junk either from a failed merch or bought with another item, to equal 800m including the divine spirit shield. You buy the junk and the spirit shield from him for 800m cash and you'll probably end up losing a lot on the junk he gives you. It seems that most players sell items like divine spirit shields for rares instead of with junk though so you might have to get your hands on a few rares if you want one.

Id rather sell Divine for max in ge for 3M profit than to get no profit in junk... clearly this makes no sense to junk users though.(Unless junk is rising which I've found to be rare) At least it makes sense to some people, otherwise Partyhats would never rise in price.

Id rather sell Divine for max in ge for 3M profit than to get no profit in junk... clearly this makes no sense to junk users though.(Unless junk is rising which I've found to be rare) At least it makes sense to some people, otherwise Partyhats would never rise in price.

I think really the only point in selling it with junk is if you have some junk lying around that's crashing hard and you can't get rid of it. Otherwise I agree I'd rather sell it in the ge then sell something using stable or rising junk.

-the street price

-the exchange price

Say someone has a divine spirit shield, the street price is 800m(that's not the real street price I'm just making something up for this example) but the ge price is 510m. The player selling the divine spirit shield would probably add junk, generally crashing junk either from a failed merch or bought with another item, to equal 800m including the divine spirit shield. You buy the junk and the spirit shield from him for 800m cash and you'll probably end up losing a lot on the junk he gives you. It seems that most players sell items like divine spirit shields for rares instead of with junk though so you might have to get your hands on a few rares if you want one.

its actually quite a bit more. Sure junk is used, but more in low end trades to buy/sell rising items. Its not as often used at higher end trades. Example, I have a purple Phat I'm selling. GE price is 300m, street is 380. So I trade my party hat for 291.5m cash and 2 onxy rings, since they have a street value of 40m+ each. Now both the GE price and the street price match, and I am happy. NOTE: These prices are accurate, just an example.

Junk is used, but the above method is far more convenient, and actually makes more cash in further trades. Stable junk still has a worth, something like 60-80% of its GE price in trading for rising, lending out items, etc. Therefore, although you are getting pure cash for your junk, you are losing out on getting items for your trade and also using your junk later to make more cash. Of course, if you don't have anything worth lending, or this is a one time thing, then use junk.

Hope I worded that coherently.

Stonewall337.png