3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People were trying to free up some cash to buy things for the weekend and were somewhat desperate and undersold them under their street value. I don't think it was a wide crash, just a mad dash for cash. (say that five times fast.)

Anyway, they'll come back up after the weekend is up. Might take a couple of weeks, but nothing major.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

People were trying to free up some cash to buy things for the weekend and were somewhat desperate and undersold them under their street value. I don't think it was a wide crash, just a mad dash for cash. (say that five times fast.)

Anyway, they'll come back up after the weekend is up. Might take a couple of weeks, but nothing major.

This. As MHL said, people are freeing up money for this weekend to invest in summoning and herb. Therefore there is practically no demand for those items and people are trying to sell them to gain the cash for the weekend.

Another example is that of the "God Armour" Bandos is going down by 1m a day and Armadyl is down 700K each today. AGS down 4m today, SGS down 3m today, ZGS down 1m, and BGS down 1m.

Yet another is the Arcane SS which is down 3.5m and BSS is down 266K. and DFS is down 1.4m

After the weekend they'll head back up.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

This. As MHL said, people are freeing up money for this weekend to invest in summoning and herb. Therefore there is practically no demand for those items and people are trying to sell them to gain the cash for the weekend.

Another example is that of the "God Armour" Bandos is going down by 1m a day and Armadyl is down 700K each today. AGS down 4m today, SGS down 3m today, ZGS down 1m, and BGS down 1m.

Yet another is the Arcane SS which is down 3.5m and BSS is down 266K. and DFS is down 1.4m

But how will they 'head back up' when those people have spent all their money on the weekend? I see this as a good artificial deflation technique by Jagex. It has done what we all wanted for so long. Raw materials are sky rocketing, and expensive's and rares are plummeting.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

But how will they 'head back up' when those people have spent all their money on the weekend? I see this as a good artificial deflation technique by Jagex. It has done what we all wanted for so long. Raw materials are sky rocketing, and expensive's and rares are plummeting.

From what I have been able to grasp, deflation is only countered if money leaves the game (buying from a shop, ...), where as if you simply trade resources you just distribute the money between players.

I might be totaly wrong though, so I would appreciate it if someone with more insight on the matter would enlighten us.

As I said, it is only artificial deflation. It gives the sense of deflation in that the prices change as they would, but GP does not exit the game (unless players are planning on mass training of construction)

But it is doing what everybody has complained about for a long time now. Raw prices are rising, expensive prices are lowering.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If you currently look though pots and pouches are now rising with demand being choked by the fact that everyone is hoarding herbs for this weekend to get in some good herblore levels. During the hours after the exp being used people will be shoving pots straight onto GE. Those lucky to be amongst the first will gain alot of money back quickly. However soon the market will be congested so much that pots will start to fall. Eventually everyone will gain a fraction of their money. The likelihood is that most people will have spent millions on getting herblore and summoning levels that weekend with 88/96 summoning and 85+ herb becoming more and more common. Those people will have access to Unicorn Stallions, Pack Yaks and Extremes/Overloads.

Therefore using this people will then boss hunt and accumulate their wealth back buying back their items that they have sold.

Sure enough the items might never reach the price they are now again, but they will rest somewhere in the middle of where they're going to fall to and where they have been.

But I agree with what you said. It's a brilliant idea in this concept. And has provided people with more opportunities. However hardly anything is sellable on the GE now really. I put my entire steel task worth of items on the GE and my visage from a few weeks ago. Only the runes shifted at med price. D bones don't sell at min. And I've left the visage in there just below med because I wana buy arma when it's at it's lowest.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

If you currently look though pots and pouches are now rising with demand being choked by the fact that everyone is hoarding herbs for this weekend to get in some good herblore levels. During the hours after the exp being used people will be shoving pots straight onto GE. Those lucky to be amongst the first will gain alot of money back quickly. However soon the market will be congested so much that pots will start to fall. Eventually everyone will gain a fraction of their money. The likelihood is that most people will have spent millions on getting herblore and summoning levels that weekend with 88/96 summoning and 85+ herb becoming more and more common. Those people will have access to Unicorn Stallions, Pack Yaks and Extremes/Overloads.

Therefore using this people will then boss hunt and accumulate their wealth back buying back their items that they have sold.

Sure enough the items might never reach the price they are now again, but they will rest somewhere in the middle of where they're going to fall to and where they have been.

But I agree with what you said. It's a brilliant idea in this concept. And has provided people with more opportunities. However hardly anything is sellable on the GE now really. I put my entire steel task worth of items on the GE and my visage from a few weeks ago. Only the runes shifted at med price. D bones don't sell at min. And I've left the visage in there just below med because I wana buy arma when it's at it's lowest.

I'd like to say that as far as money goes, though.... This update is a huge chance for small-time emrchant like myself. I've invested my 5 mil cashpile in grimy irit, and if I time selling it right, I'll be able to then buy several whips for around 3m a piece. And I'm confident whips will rise after this update.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I'm starting too feel the market is getting too transparent. Even the most minor update/change has huge impacts on prices of almost everything. <_<

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I'm starting too feel the market is getting too transparent. Even the most minor update/change has huge impacts on prices of almost everything. <_<

I blame this thread!

But seriously, it's true. Throught things like the GE Beta charts and constant talk about the economy, people are becoming very well educated about the economy whether they are merchants or not.

It used to be that only the 'real merchants' knew how to decipher the market and know when was a good time to buy. Now, if you go to somewhere like youtube, there are 123413 videos that say exactly how to merchant in under 3 minutes length.

And with more GP in the game, there are more people who want to be merchants. So instead of nice fluid sinusoidal graphs where incoming resources were balanced nicely with used resources as merchants as a low impact middle man, you have millions of people all wanting to merchant 'the best items'. So if an item seems lower then it should be, mass number of investers buy it and end up working as a manipulation clan and send it skyrocketing. Then when it gets high, they all sell at once crashing the item.

Instead of having a nice ~~~~ shape, the graphs seems to all be ^^^^^^.

Well Santa's aren't impossible to sell. Although i did snipe this literally seconds after the G.E update, sold 2 pretty instant, then had to wait 4 hours for the limit to be removed, and the last 2 sold within decent time.

If only i'd had the cash sooner i reckon i could have sniped a party hat i was that quick :P

santa.png

Orc.png

Well Santa's aren't impossible to sell. Although i did snipe this literally seconds after the G.E update, sold 2 pretty instant, then had to wait 4 hours for the limit to be removed, and the last 2 sold within decent time.

If only i'd had the cash sooner i reckon i could have sniped a party hat i was that quick :P

santa.png

Nice one, I managed to sell 2 santas so far (one before last GE update, one now and hopefully when I log in, more now).

This smells like a buying opportunity to me. Ima wait for prices to move a little more, sell all my raw materials and buy high end items, then wait for high end items to go back up, sell them back at a profit and buy materials back when prices settle down. I'll just extra xp skills that don't require raw materials.

punitivedsig.png

This smells like a buying opportunity to me. Ima wait for prices to move a little more, sell all my raw materials and buy high end items, then wait for high end items to go back up, sell them back at a profit and buy materials back when prices settle down. I'll just extra xp skills that don't require raw materials.

Exactly what I plan to do, this is going to pay for the summoning cost for March 12th.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I am absolutely loving this santa crash, just bought a blue mask for 60m cash, no lie. If you've got extra cash I would highly recommend checking out world 2.

You got owned, you can buy h'weens for like 20m cash.

That's incorrect. I've been on the forums and in world 2 since this ordeal began, I didn't get the best deal, but I got a very good one. It's one of the lowest offers I've seen.

Some of the lower offers are adding 10-15m cash

If you did see a blue sold for 20 ( which you didn't) it was an extremely rare occurrence and doesn't reflect the general consensus of prices.

clansig7.gif

I would definitely believe that, but that's still pretty low. I've seen some 35-40m santa offers but I don't doubt a 20m offer considering this ridiculous panic. I really wish I had a massive amount of junk to work with, you could make an absolute fortune off of this santa craze.

clansig7.gif