3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

As long as strret value is in the game it's gonna be a pain to do all this stuff. What a waste of time honestly.

I am shocked, SHOCKED I say, that anyone would suggest that any aspect of an MMORPG is a waste of time! Oh, wait, now that I think about it, serving as a time sink is a primary purpose of the game -- never mind!

Seriously, though, believe it or not, some people actually like the "street value" game. Others refuse to play it. (I refuse to play Trouble Brewing -- does that mean nobody should be allowed to play it?)

punitivedsig.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as strret value is in the game it's gonna be a pain to do all this stuff. What a waste of time honestly.

I am shocked, SHOCKED I say, that anyone would suggest that any aspect of an MMORPG is a waste of time! Oh, wait, now that I think about it, serving as a time sink is a primary purpose of the game -- never mind!

Seriously, though, believe it or not, some people actually like the "street value" game. Others refuse to play it. (I refuse to play Trouble Brewing -- does that mean nobody should be allowed to play it?)

I never implied that you shouldn't be allowed to do it. I simply cannot fathom why anyone would do it as I find it to be horridly boring and pointless. That's just my opinion though.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I never implied that you shouldn't be allowed to do it. I simply cannot fathom why anyone would do it as I find it to be horridly boring and pointless. That's just my opinion though.

Gotcha. Btw, I tend to agree, but I can't seem to help myself. When there's stuff in the game that I don't have, I keep trying to get it. Sooner or later, I'll probably even give the fight caves a shot!

punitivedsig.png

Seriously, though, believe it or not, some people actually like the "street value" game. Others refuse to play it. (I refuse to play Trouble Brewing -- does that mean nobody should be allowed to play it?

Ah but is the best gear in the game rewards from trouble brewing?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

You can just sell your rare on the grand exchange then. No one is forcing you to accumulate junk.

Mis-Reply? Lol confused.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

You can just sell your rare on the grand exchange then. No one is forcing you to accumulate junk.

okay then. guess i'll just sell my green phat or max price when i could wait a few months and get more profit.

<_<

okay then. guess i'll just sell my green phat or max price when i could wait a few months and get more profit.

<_<

Then wait? No one is making you sell it right now, either.

Damn, masks keep going up and up and I'm loving it.

I'm thinking of trying to get a purple for mask set + santa + ~48M (or however much to get it up to purple's GE value) cash in a few days when they've risen a bit more. Anyone think I'll be able to find a seller?

yes.png

Damn, masks keep going up and up and I'm loving it.

I'm thinking of trying to get a purple for mask set + santa + ~48M (or however much to get it up to purple's GE value) cash in a few days when they've risen a bit more. Anyone think I'll be able to find a seller?

a purple was sold for 4 red masks + cash and like 5 ppl said it was a REALLY CHEAP offer....so you're still behind a bit. maybe try u/ging ur blue and green mask along with santa which will take awhile.

What, if any, phat could I get with 3 mask sets, 4 santas and ~25 mill cash?

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

After a few trades I ended up with 2 focuses, 3 hex, and 2 sols, 150m in coins, and no junk. Do you think that I could get a green or blue mask from a desperate person with what I have? I'm trying to maximize eventual resale, and from a quick look the wyrm loot is going up at about 750k per day while a green is rising around 1.5m/day. Is there any chance of getting a green? or what else would be the best deal?

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

what will 230m cash and an easter get me?

you're in the threshold between purple and green. unless you can somehow manage to gather some risings,

you might get a chance at green. otherwise, just go for purple + rising.

Yo, I just got DFH from chewed bones. Does it have any street value beyond its GE price?

Not as far as I can see. A quick search of the RSOF shows someone whos paying med price for some, one guy is offering med +1M and the chart shows that it's pretty stable. It could rise if another clan hits them, but as of right now they are no higher street then GE.

Edited by laura0077
Double post deleted. ;)

what will 230m cash and an easter get me?

you're in the threshold between purple and green. unless you can somehow manage to gather some risings,

you might get a chance at green. otherwise, just go for purple + rising.

looks like I need to get some more cash or get a hold of some risings.

4e0Vn.png

Alright, so I've got a purple party hat and a disk of returning from Back In The Day, and I want to turn the disk into cash. (The party hat I'm keeping; I think it looks fabulous on me.) All this talk of junk trading and street prices and such means very little to me, as I haven't played more than a few days intermittently in the last couple of years. How do I go about selling it? Am I ripping myself off if I just stick it on the GE? Will anyone actually buy it on the GE?

Alright, so I've got a purple party hat and a disk of returning from Back In The Day, and I want to turn the disk into cash. (The party hat I'm keeping; I think it looks fabulous on me.) All this talk of junk trading and street prices and such means very little to me, as I haven't played more than a few days intermittently in the last couple of years. How do I go about selling it? Am I ripping myself off if I just stick it on the GE? Will anyone actually buy it on the GE?

IF you sold it on the ge for max it would be gone instantly. That disk you have is very high is demand and has a much higher street price then what the grand exchange price says. Yes you would be ripping yourself off.

You can use that disk to upgrade to another higher partyhat, or use that disk in a trade to buy yourself an item that is also high in demand that doesn't sell on the grand exchange. If you really just want the cash i suppose you can sell it, but honestly i think you would be better off using it in a trade or just holding onto it.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Holding onto rares while you need money has always seemed pointless to me. Why would you hold onto something useless which you'll never be able to sell normally for the "right" price anytime soon? Better actually enjoy your wealth and lose a little bit of value.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif