3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

are you like freakin blind or something? :wall: He clearly said this after that bolded sentence

@abyssal: ignore him. he's obviously trying to start an argument with you when all he is doing is trying to look like a smartass.

Yeah I read the whole post, and I'm not trying to start an argument here. You're the one trying to start a [bleep]ing flame war here. It was a legitimate question he never answered. Edibles have long been valued at around 60% the price of a santa hat, and aside from their use as a high-street item I'm unsure of what stops them from falling.

Yes, you clearly are in the right here.

Unlike santas, edibles have been bought out for a long time. Their street price is many times their GE price. (This morning, I saw someone in w2 trying to buy an Easter for 300m -- quite a jump from just a week ago.) Their primary use is as currency for partyhats and divine ss. My opinion is that as long as partyhats do not crash, neither will edibles. But if and when partyhats crash, edibles would be vulnerable, too.

I think differently; Partyhats are less commonly traded on the GE. They will not reach their street price in a long long time. Edibles ARE being traded on the GE, and eventually edibles will hit their street value, and it becomes a 'non item' like mint cakes. It'll probably still be hoarded because people expect a rebound though. So I'm not sure.

I suspect you have zero experience buying and selling these things. You can't buy edibles in the GE any more than you can buy partyhats. Both get traded very rarely in GE, but both require a herculean effort. You can't routinely buy edibles in the GE.

punitivedsig.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how santas are easily buyable on ge i was thinking about buying 2 for investment purposes. But does anyone think there gonna shoot up in price anytime soon like the masks did?

You would make more money without the Santas. Its GE value is not nearly as elastic as its Street value, so the only thing you would really be able to do is trade it for something else. With that said, you have little to no chance of trading any amount of Santas for an edible or a partyhat because people would rather have masks and they are too unstable on the street. You could always use them to get rid of a small amount of junk, but my philosophy is to never get junk in the first place.

Stellactic.gif

Seeing as how santas are easily buyable on ge i was thinking about buying 2 for investment purposes. But does anyone think there gonna shoot up in price anytime soon like the masks did?

You would make more money without the Santas. Its GE value is not nearly as elastic as its Street value, so the only thing you would really be able to do is trade it for something else. With that said, you have little to no chance of trading any amount of Santas for an edible or a partyhat because people would rather have masks and they are too unstable on the street. You could always use them to get rid of a small amount of junk, but my philosophy is to never get junk in the first place.

It depends. It sounds to me like santas would not be good for you as it sounds like you want to make a lot of money soon. (Who doesn't?) As a short term investment, santas are uncertain. As a long term (up to six months) investment, I like them very much. They are relatively cheap right now and almost certain not to go down over the long run. I am not as confident that masks will go up from here over the next six months -- they're just so high right now. Here's what I'm doing -- I keep one or two hundred mil for short-term investment -- flipping things, etc. I also keep several hundred mil in longer-term things. For me, my long-term money is in santas right now. When I get an extra 35m from my short-term investments, I buy another. When they do shoot up (and they will eventually, although it may be months from now), I'll sell at that time.

punitivedsig.png

are you like freakin blind or something? :wall: He clearly said this after that bolded sentence

@abyssal: ignore him. he's obviously trying to start an argument with you when all he is doing is trying to look like a smartass.

Yeah I read the whole post, and I'm not trying to start an argument here. You're the one trying to start a [bleep]ing flame war here. It was a legitimate question he never answered. Edibles have long been valued at around 60% the price of a santa hat, and aside from their use as a high-street item I'm unsure of what stops them from falling.

Yes, you clearly are in the right here.

Unlike santas, edibles have been bought out for a long time. Their street price is many times their GE price. (This morning, I saw someone in w2 trying to buy an Easter for 300m -- quite a jump from just a week ago.) Their primary use is as currency for partyhats and divine ss. My opinion is that as long as partyhats do not crash, neither will edibles. But if and when partyhats crash, edibles would be vulnerable, too.

I think differently; Partyhats are less commonly traded on the GE. They will not reach their street price in a long long time. Edibles ARE being traded on the GE, and eventually edibles will hit their street value, and it becomes a 'non item' like mint cakes. It'll probably still be hoarded because people expect a rebound though. So I'm not sure.

I suspect you have zero experience buying and selling these things. You can't buy edibles in the GE any more than you can buy partyhats. Both get traded very rarely in GE, but both require a herculean effort. You can't routinely buy edibles in the GE.

Actually, it is much easier to buy easters, disks, and pumpkins in the GE than it is to buy the upper three partyhats. However, if you compare it to buying the lower three, than yes it is tougher to buy edibles. It just depends on what you're trying to buy and how quick you are on the update. Trying to get a red, white, and especially blue requires putting in an offer within seconds of the update while buying edibles is possible with a 15-30 second offer.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

3ahelm.png

I have no junk but I was wondering whether it will rise in GE or not. Else I'll just sell for max.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

3ahelm.png

I have no junk but I was wondering whether it will rise in GE or not. Else I'll just sell for max.

Yea them sara pages are a pain to get rid of. <_< :thumbsup:

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

What a way to break my ~20 <100k clues :) .

But no more comments about my clue luck please it's off-topic. I need advice on what to do with it (I don't need the money at the moment).

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

What a way to break my ~20 <100k clues :) .

But no more comments about my clue luck please it's off-topic. I need advice on what to do with it (I don't need the money at the moment).

See how much the street price is different from the GE price.

If you're strapped for cash, DK's is a good way to consistently make, at the very least, 1M an hour given your stats. If you're okay with this, I would hold onto the helm and wait to see if you can get trash for it or if the price will rise.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Then why not just keep it? If you don't need the cash, use it! It looks cool, and people will comment and stuff. Why not?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I sold it for 95 Prayer =). I did take a picture of it for my RSOF avatar though :rolleyes: .

Retired

Gav, I believe they were just merched. Most likely, someone(s) is buying them for when they start to go back up, counter-manipulating I guess.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Does anyone else think that masks are due for a crash within a week? Im almost certain, cause they have been going strong for some time now. Also is it possible to snipe masks on GE?

Also santa just crashed

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

Does anyone else think that masks are due for a crash within a week? Im almost certain, cause they have been going strong for some time now. Also is it possible to snipe masks on GE?

Also santa just crashed

definitely. theres way too many out there for them to hold this "buyout" position for so long. since the price is constantly rising, the street price will drop until merchanters have no more confidence in them.

Also santa just crashed

Green and blue take less then a day to buy. Idk about red.

Red Masks still don't buy unless you get first ge offers. They might crash soon, but they'll just go back up anyway. Unless JaGeX miraculously releases their counter-inflation update which I doubt, seeing as they said they're still discussing it.

Easter's street price keeps rising, and i dont see, if its 250m street, why it would crash before that price in ge. :o

Because items always crash long before they get to their ge value, because people will only go out of their way to sell with junk if they can get much more than max in the ge and people anticipate it to crash whenever it breaks a major milestone (e.g 10M ge value on an item that is 17M street will crash most likely).

Easter's street price keeps rising, and i dont see, if its 250m street, why it would crash before that price in ge. :o

Because items always crash long before they get to their ge value, because people will only go out of their way to sell with junk if they can get much more than max in the ge and people anticipate it to crash whenever it breaks a major milestone (e.g 10M ge value on an item that is 17M street will crash most likely).

Atm Easter is 73m Ge and 230-280m street, still in a long time imo...

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png