3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Does anyone know the street of Onyx of all types, Uncut, Cut, Ring, Amulet etc...

Hmmm! Would be a nice item to choose, if merchants choose it. Doesn't come in the game very fast with the updates.

im hoping that merchants do chose it, then it forces jagex to adress the broken tzhaar shop problem

Mind expanding on that? I haven't heard about that before....

You can no longer sell items to the shops for tokkul AND the price of onyx in the gem shop is 2.7M tokkul.

a massive increase from 370k tokkul

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best way to get an onyx is selling 540k fire runes at Tzhaar runes shop. The max you can sell at a time is 50 atm. I once did that and it took many hours of clicking.

If Jagex added a sell-500 option, I'm sure it would solve onyx's inflation.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

The best way to get an onyx is selling 540k fire runes at Tzhaar runes shop. The max you can sell at a time is 50 atm. I once did that and it took many hours of clicking.

If Jagex added a sell-500 option, I'm sure it would solve onyx's inflation.

big reason that onyx's are inflated is that you can't do that anymore

furies are at 9.3 mil last i checked, i think that's close to if not at an equilibrium price, but I think the price *might* overshoot the true equilibrium by a little

Naaxi.png

Is it wise to buy a red h'ween mask right now?

I plan on selling it in about 4-5 months when I'll become a member again.

Don''t mind lossing a mil or two, but don't want to loose like 30 milions.

Also if I decide to, how should I buy it? G.e?

Thanks.

Is it really hard to buy easters/pumpkin/disk on GE right now? As in, is it even possible?

And:

Are they going to keep going up for a while/are they safe to buy into? and which is best to buy?

Would I be able to find someone who will sell a purple for one of the above + mask set + the rest cash?

yes.png

Is it really hard to buy easters/pumpkin/disk on GE right now? As in, is it even possible?

And:

Are they going to keep going up for a while/are they safe to buy into? and which is best to buy?

Would I be able to find someone who will sell a purple for one of the above + mask set + the rest cash?

edibles are completely secured from crashing. Easters are the only ones that could head towards dipping, or even possibly crashing since its the most expensive edible and raises price faster.

you could get a purple for that offer but very few people take interests in masks.

I would not recommend buying any of the edibles for street since the junk(s) offered will crash and you'll end up losing a lot of money (possibly more) than the edible is expected to peak at.

And:

I'm assuming that if you get the offer in under 30 sec you have a chance.

As for the purple, I'm pretty sure I've seen someone accepting egg + cash for purple so anything over that would be overkill.

Ok, this is a question that is most likely stupid, but it's been bugging me for some time. If I got it right, setting an offer just after an update means you are paying more, so you got a higher chance of getting the item, right? But why does it buy? Who is selling them, and why didn't it sell before the update?

16185_s.gif

Ok, this is a question that is most likely stupid, but it's been bugging me for some time. If I got it right, setting an offer just after an update means you are paying more, so you got a higher chance of getting the item, right? But why does it buy? Who is selling them, and why didn't it sell before the update?

For items that are usually sold in small amounts like rares, the GE uses pretty much a queue. That is, to say that first come, first serve. So the sooner you get your offer in, the higher up you are on that list. The GE prices will not update until a specific amount of items have sold. So if this number is 5 of an item, as long as you are one of the first 5 people to put in an offer, you will get it. Of course we are not POSITIVE this is how it works, but it seems to work that way the majority of the time.

assume this situation:

some person gets back on in runescape after quitting for uh....2 year break. he notices his pumpkin went up so he goes to the grand exchange to sell it.

the point: now the pumpkin that is SOLD goes to the FIRST PERSON WITH THE HIGHEST OFFER and then the next in line would be the second highest offer...

so the point in sniping rares is to dash to the grand exchange right after it updates in order to be that lucky first highest offer person to get a pumpkin and not have

to go through millions of junk to buy one. get it?

It did sell, just not to you. The GE operates on a que system, if you manage to place an offer so close to an update you're closer to the front of the que and so more likely to get an item.

Due to the small amount of some items traded on a daily basis though you have to be pretty quick. Used to do it with rares when a few minutes would get you one but now they're so insanely in demand it's a real pain.

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

Lord_Rand.png

edibles are completely secured from crashing. Easters are the only ones that could head towards dipping, or even possibly crashing since its the most expensive edible and raises price faster.

Care to explain your reasoning?

yes since easters are very common in the market, their prices are less flexible then that of the disk and pumpkin.

items typically crash when they reach a certain price where nobody wants it. since easters are rising faster than pumpkins and disk, it

is fair to suggest that easters will crash sooner.

Can't say ive read most of this thread but id like to ask what I could get if i happened to pull an elysian or divine sigil from corp.. ive wanted to get a phat back for a while now, probably yellow or white so lets assume I get an elysian. could I get either of the hats in trade for it, if no what would I need to include for said hat, and if yes what would be reasonable for someone to add on top of the phat to even the trade (rares, rising items etc...)

Thanks.

j_birdd.png

Can't say ive read most of this thread but id like to ask what I could get if i happened to pull an elysian or divine sigil from corp.. ive wanted to get a phat back for a while now, probably yellow or white so lets assume I get an elysian. could I get either of the hats in trade for it, if no what would I need to include for said hat, and if yes what would be reasonable for someone to add on top of the phat to even the trade (rares, rising items etc...)

Thanks.

elysian for yellow would be overkill...big time.

for white you'll probably need to include some edibles. as for street price, well idk...

yes since easters are very common in the market, their prices are less flexible then that of the disk and pumpkin.

items typically crash when they reach a certain price where nobody wants it. since easters are rising faster than pumpkins and disk, it

Sorry, should have been more specific. Was referring to:

edibles are completely secured from crashing.

[hide]

Sorry, should have been more specific. Was referring to:

[/hide]

Didn't i include something like Easters are the only ones that are going to crash after that sentence? (and no, i did not edit it.)

give me a break. :roll:

I got 3 r h'ween masks for 180m not too long ago im fairly certain they're good for 2 weeks or so. they seem bought out to me. :thumbsup:

are you like freakin blind or something? :wall: He clearly said this after that bolded sentence:

Easters are the only ones that could head towards dipping, or even possibly crashing since its the most expensive edible and raises price faster.

@abyssal: ignore him. he's obviously trying to start an argument with you when all he is doing is trying to look like a smartass.

He was just asking why edibles won't crash... There's no reason to attack him for it.

[404] Signature not found.

Edibles are easier to lose so they drop in number quicker then others, meaning they shouldn't drop too much if at all ever.

IE supplies of edibles drops quicker then supplies of other rares, or atleast thats my understanding.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

are you like freakin blind or something? :wall: He clearly said this after that bolded sentence

@abyssal: ignore him. he's obviously trying to start an argument with you when all he is doing is trying to look like a smartass.

Yeah I read the whole post, and I'm not trying to start an argument here. You're the one trying to start a [bleep]ing flame war here. It was a legitimate question he never answered. Edibles have long been valued at around 60% the price of a santa hat, and aside from their use as a high-street item I'm unsure of what stops them from falling.

are you like freakin blind or something? :wall: He clearly said this after that bolded sentence

Yeah I read the whole post, and I'm not trying to start an argument here. You're the one trying to start a [bleep]ing flame war here. It was a legitimate question he never answered. Edibles have long been valued at around 60% the price of a santa hat, and aside from their use as a high-street item I'm unsure of what stops them from falling.

Yes, you clearly are in the right here.

Unlike santas, edibles have been bought out for a long time. Their street price is many times their GE price. (This morning, I saw someone in w2 trying to buy an Easter for 300m -- quite a jump from just a week ago.) Their primary use is as currency for partyhats and divine ss. My opinion is that as long as partyhats do not crash, neither will edibles. But if and when partyhats crash, edibles would be vulnerable, too.

punitivedsig.png

Yes, you clearly are in the right here.

Unlike santas, edibles have been bought out for a long time. Their street price is many times their GE price. (This morning, I saw someone in w2 trying to buy an Easter for 300m -- quite a jump from just a week ago.) Their primary use is as currency for partyhats and divine ss. My opinion is that as long as partyhats do not crash, neither will edibles. But if and when partyhats crash, edibles would be vulnerable, too.

I think differently; Partyhats are less commonly traded on the GE. They will not reach their street price in a long long time. Edibles ARE being traded on the GE, and eventually edibles will hit their street value, and it becomes a 'non item' like mint cakes. It'll probably still be hoarded because people expect a rebound though. So I'm not sure.

Seeing as how santas are easily buyable on ge i was thinking about buying 2 for investment purposes. But does anyone think there gonna shoot up in price anytime soon like the masks did?

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^