3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

How are Elysian/Divine doing? Spectral and Arcane went down quite a bit since I last checked them, but no change for ESS/DSS :( And if I want to buy an Ely without junk and stuff, how should I do it?

Elysian and Divine took a major hit in street price lately. They are not selling for partyhats and are barley getting away with being traded for edibles. I have yet to sell an Ely or Divine sell for straight cash with junk added so don't get your hopes up there. What you can try to do is get a disk or two eggs (approx what an ely is worth) for cash (junk added to the edibles ofc) and trade for an elysian that way. Expect to pay roughly 550-600M for the elysian or try to get lucky in the GE.

About time div/ely dropped. Rares are one thing to be unbuyable in ge (thus forcing you to use street merching to work your way up to them), but it does urk me that to obtain these amazing shields, one either has to street merch their way up or actually corp.

imo ely/div should be updating in ge more.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are Elysian/Divine doing? Spectral and Arcane went down quite a bit since I last checked them, but no change for ESS/DSS :( And if I want to buy an Ely without junk and stuff, how should I do it?

Elysian and Divine took a major hit in street price lately. They are not selling for partyhats and are barley getting away with being traded for edibles. I have yet to sell an Ely or Divine sell for straight cash with junk added so don't get your hopes up there. What you can try to do is get a disk or two eggs (approx what an ely is worth) for cash (junk added to the edibles ofc) and trade for an elysian that way. Expect to pay roughly 550-600M for the elysian or try to get lucky in the GE.

About time div/ely dropped. Rares are one thing to be unbuyable in ge (thus forcing you to use street merching to work your way up to them), but it does urk me that to obtain these amazing shields, one either has to street merch their way up or actually corp.

I bet that if they became lendable and were actually seen in use more often the price would drop significantly.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I bet that if they became lendable and were actually seen in use more often the price would drop significantly.

It's very hard for them to update in the ge when so few are coinshared and sold via the GE. There is no way for Jagex to tell the traffic which the elysian and divine make over the player to player trading system. If you want a shield go to ls corp or start camping at the GE. Most people end up doing that if they want one. I can assure you the shields are very common by now because I see plenty of people with divines and elysians in pvp, world 2, clan wars, various other minigames, and not to mention I know plenty of people who own at least two of the higher level shields. They're common and you can see a drop in street price indicating that they will be sellable on the GE soon. However, they aren't worth anything near 400M or even 300M. I've used them, they're cool, but I'd much rather buy 99 summon, herblore, and prayer with that money and have a pack yak, overload, and soul split. Which is what most people have come to realize. Ext or overload+Yak+turmoil/SS>some level 130 idiot without those and a pretty shield. Sorry man my 30 extra sharks, 1/4 healed per hit, and hitting much higher than you can beats that 30% damage drain you may have.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

^^ well said. although i don't see a lot of ss in minigames, they do look a bit overpriced. especially on street.

also, why has yellow become more expensive than green phat in market? i doubt yellow is more rare or more in demand for that matter.

also, why has yellow become more expensive than green phat in market? i doubt yellow is more rare or more in demand for that matter.

I don't really know if this is enough, but it seems to me just by talking to players ingame that yellow looks better and people want it more. Remember, that other then merchanters and hoarders, the only reason to buy a partyhat is for the looks. If more people like yellow then green, the demand will be higher. Even if the supply is higher then green, if the demand is significantly higher then greens then they will be higher priced. Along with this is a positive feedback mechanism. Yellow started higher then green thus more people tried to buy them, pushing the price higher. Then more people try to get them. And so on. Good ol' snowball effect.

Also, have any of the rares shifted significantly in price since the last time somone wrote up a price list?

I agree on that reason for Yellow going up. Its the reason i brought one. Because of their colour, they look slightly like a gold crown. Is it one of the only rares with influence outside of merchants?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Master Smith, while you have a very good point about Yak/Overloads/Turmoil being better than an Ely/Divine, please note that when I got my Divine(April 2009), I was already level 138 with 99 Summoning and 99 Prayer but no Turmoil because it didn't exist yet and no Overloads because I didn't have the Herb level and because they also didn't exist yet. Once the Herb update came out, and I heard about how Overload worked with Brews, I had no problem spending 85m+ to get 89-95 Herblore for Overloads with Ale. I'm guessing that the amount of Ely/Divines in RS are greater than the number of super rich maxed combat people, and that anyone who truely wanted one of them as much as I did has one by now. On the topic of rares, I noticed that Purple is now worth more in the GE than White was when I bought my White. Any idea how low H'Ween Masks are going?

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

H'ween masks are finally being bought with mints on RSOF.

I think they will start rising now that a new skill has not come out.

They have been way oversold, by panic.

I would laugh if the new skill turned out to be a redux of Hunter where no money is required to train it.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I would laugh if the new skill turned out to be a redux of Hunter where no money is required to train it.

If that is the case, then the skill will need some sort of money sink (like red chins with hunter). The ecconomy is in ruins and we really need some sort of sink to rebalance it. I don't mind that rares are shooting up super high from all the GP people now have (ok, a little peeved I can't get a phat but oh well), but nearly EVERYTHING has risen far too high. I miss the good ol' days of iron ore at 100 gp each.

Although, even if there is no sink in the new skill, it more then likely will come with new items which should help redistribute the wealth throughout the population a little better. I sure hope there are new items that low levels can easily gather, but high levels can't be bothered to gather but are willing to throw large sums of cash towards.

Any new skill they release has to be a money sink, or it's game over for the economy.

As for phats, what's irking me lately is the fact that purples are worth less (street value) then easters. I got a purple a few weeks ago, and now I find that it's almost worthless when trying to upgrade to a higher partyhat.

What do you think will happen to rares after the new skill (hopefully) drains some of the inflation?

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant

I do not agree that masks are oversold. They were overbought. Someone tried to buy them out and ended up driving them up to ridiculous heights. But there are too many masks out there to sustain that kind of buyout. They had to crash, and they did. Now they're near a reasonable level. Santa still is the better buy right here though.

punitivedsig.png

What do you think will happen to rares after the new skill (hopefully) drains some of the inflation?

Well, that's fairly hard to tell. Because even after updates that we thought should have crashed the market (prayer or herby updates) rares stayed strong. Instead of selling off thier rares for the much desired raw materials, merchants just traded their hats for those rising, in demand item or waited until the items fell back before buying them.

So I'm assuming that in the early days of the new skill hoarders will trade their rares directly for these desired items. But as we see rares rise in the GE closer to thier street prices, more and more people will just choose to sell the rare in the GE instead of bothering with junk trades or downgrading and having to get rid of multiple rares. Then the price will be on the verge of crashing and it will only take a few key hoarders to crash the market to at least equal to the GE price.

I do not agree that masks are oversold. They were overbought. Someone tried to buy them out and ended up driving them up to ridiculous heights. But there are too many masks out there to sustain that kind of buyout. They had to crash, and they did. Now they're near a reasonable level. Santa still is the better buy right here though.

Be greedy when others are fearful, be fearful when others are greedy.

Well, that's fairly hard to tell. Because even after updates that we thought should have crashed the market (prayer or herby updates) rares stayed strong. Instead of selling off thier rares for the much desired raw materials, merchants just traded their hats for those rising, in demand item or waited until the items fell back before buying them.

So I'm assuming that in the early days of the new skill hoarders will trade their rares directly for these desired items. But as we see rares rise in the GE closer to thier street prices, more and more people will just choose to sell the rare in the GE instead of bothering with junk trades or downgrading and having to get rid of multiple rares. Then the price will be on the verge of crashing and it will only take a few key hoarders to crash the market to at least equal to the GE price.

In order to crash at least the lower three partyhats Jagex will need to do introduce a true money sink skill. I don't mean another thing like herblore where you have to try and buy supplies off the GE, which doesn't work and you have to trade unbuyables for them, but a skill like coindestruction and summoning where you must pour GP into an NPC in order to level the skill. To sum it up, unless gold has to be traded (I don't mean by buying items, but having to use gold to level in a way) in order to level the skill it won't crash unbuyables.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

^^ i agree. if another "construction" skill was released, we'd be seeing phats crashing again. But IF the phats were to crash, it wouldn't effect just the lower three, rather the whole set will fall together since the huge price gap between the lower phats and higher phats makes it already hard to bargain. I'm speculating that the "phat crash" to come will repeat itself from 2008 where people will try to sell them for junk or downgrade them by buying junk.

I'm not trying to generalize but since the new skill is f2p (speculating that this skill is aimed at all audiences from rich to poor), I doubt that it can actually shift the economy if it was a money sink or not.

Anyways, I think the market is going to stay like this for a while. I can't find any hints that rares, edibles, or hard-to-get items will fall at this time.

Partyhats have been dropping dramatically in street prices recently. Everyone is *cashing out* so they have cash for this new skill or an update. Everyone realises that edibles have much more longlivety (especially the disk) so alot of partyhats are being sold for edibles and not many being bought. And as you all know increased supply and lowered demand leads to a price drop. I am not saying they are going to crash though, they are far from it. I'm very happy with my disk instead of the yellow i had.

An example is yellow is 1.5 eggs now it was 2.25-2.5 not long ago. And disk was just above yellow now its like 100m junk above yellow at least.

Arzian.png

edibles are only in demand because of its price. think about it, if eggs were 100m, disks were 200m, and pumpkins were like...300m would anyone want it? seems like the demand for edibles are pressured due to its low price. if rares in general all crashed, partyhats would be way easier to sell because of it's natural demand. edibles do not have this demand because there is very little to no reason into buying one. partyhats can be worn to show wealth which is the basic principle into buying a "rare". sure, you can do the same thing to edibles but you would not want to trade 20 people on the whole map to show that you've got a noted easter in your inventory. x[) I can't stress buying edibles because demand for them isn't as confident as wearable rares.

to answer halo's question, it seems that partyhats are doing ok streetwise. edibles/mints are only rising in price which explains why people want to trade their phats for them.

My post wasn't a question it was a statement. Partyhats are lowering, there are so many sellers compared to buyers. These sellers aren't merchants either most of them are random people wanting to prolong their street value. When edibles do reach they price you said think of what partyhats will be at that time if they continue to rise at the same rate. I do agree though when edible do reach that price they will be no where near as valuble in street price or even crashing, but that is still a long way away.

Arzian.png

In response to halo:

My observation is that yellow in particular is dropping a LOT. It would not surprise me if green reclaimed it's old position as more valuable than yellow, it's been rising in "value" for the last couple weeks.

In response to halo:

My observation is that yellow in particular is dropping a LOT. It would not surprise me if green reclaimed it's old position as more valuable than yellow, it's been rising in "value" for the last couple weeks.

true, but yellow has always been doing better than green on both market and street. It'll probably never reach the old position again since yellow is wanted by more players and merchants.

In response to halo:

true, but yellow has always been doing better than green on both market and street. It'll probably never reach the old position again since yellow is wanted by more players and merchants.

Good thing I managed to snipe it from ge when I did.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Someone asked if partyhats were a good investment on the RSOF so I'll just re-post what I said:

Partyhats are an AWFUL investment compared to edibles/disks right now. Why?

1) Edibles are updating in GE price at a rate now comparable to partyhats. Easter eggs are now even going up faster.

2) Edibles and disks take up much less cash, meaning you still have a ton of cash to merchant with.

3) Partyhats are once again are dipping in relation to edibles/disks. At least purple-red are.

(Taking their average price over the past 30 days)

Easter Egg: 30 Days: +34.5% of 50M = 17.25M

Disk: 30 Days: +23.8% of 37.5M = 8.9M

Pumpkin: 30 Days: +24.0% of 46M = 11M

Purple Phat: 30 Days: +7.6% of 260M = 19.76M (versus 1x easter at 17.25M)

Yellow Phat: 30 Days: +8.1% of 280M = 22.68M (versus 2x easter at 34.5M)

Red Phat: 30 Days: +7.0% of 308M = 21.56M (versus 3x easter at 51.7M or 1x disk + 1x easter at 26.15M)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Someone asked if partyhats were a good investment on the RSOF so I'll just re-post what I said:

Partyhats are an AWFUL investment compared to edibles/disks right now. Why?

1) Edibles are updating in GE price at a rate now comparable to partyhats. Easter eggs are now even going up faster.

2) Edibles and disks take up much less cash, meaning you still have a ton of cash to merchant with.

3) Partyhats are once again are dipping in relation to edibles/disks. At least purple-red are.

(Taking their average price over the past 30 days)

Easter Egg: 30 Days: +34.5% of 50M = 17.25M

Disk: 30 Days: +23.8% of 37.5M = 8.9M

Pumpkin: 30 Days: +24.0% of 46M = 11M

Purple Phat: 30 Days: +7.6% of 260M = 19.76M (versus 1x easter at 17.25M)

Yellow Phat: 30 Days: +8.1% of 280M = 22.68M (versus 2x easter at 34.5M)

Red Phat: 30 Days: +7.0% of 308M = 21.56M (versus 3x easter at 51.7M or 1x disk + 1x easter at 26.15M)

And phats you can wear. Don't forget that easter eggs already crashed ones before during the editble buyout. Phats are much more safe of an investment than edibles.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.