3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

phats are not dropping at all. it only seems that way because edibles and mints are rising to the point where merchants want to trade in phats for them. People are still willing to pay millions for phats and they're still very hard to come by for pure cash.

Lol. Edibles and mints are the currency used to buy phats. If you can buy phats now for fewer mints and edibles (and you can), then that means phats are dropping. As I said before, you are right that you still can't buy partyhats for pure gp -- gp have for months been amongst the worst crashing junk in the game. Like I said, it will be a while before partyhats can be bought for gp. When that happens, edibles will crash, too. But having said all of that, it's easier to get a partyhat today than it was two months ago. I had a guy offer me a red today for one egg and "about" seventy mint. That was his opening demand. Seemed a lot lower to me than what I would have seen not all that long ago.

do you even understand the concept of dropping?

people are trading off phats for FEWER mints/edibles is because THEY COST MORE. if phats were dropping, more phats would be traded for other expenses like pure cash and there will be more phat sellers in general.

to me it looks like there aren't many phat sellers looking for cash or those who just wants to get rid of it so in conclusion, they aren't really dropping at all. the only thing that is happening right now is that mints and edibles are rising like hot cakes.

The 'rares' market will be interesting once mint cakes reach around 45k or so. Everyone knows it'll crash at 60k, so many will probably try and dump them off at 50k or so. Because mint cakes are now directly linked with edibles, and edibles linked to phats. We'll probably see a crash in the whole rares market, or at least, a panic sell. What do you think?

Not at all. Mints are linked to edibles and partyhats yes, but they are only a trading medium and when they crash it'll just mean a new item will have to be found. Also, they are not guaranteed to crash at 60k; yes they being held up by stakers as a way to go around the trade limits, but they remain a medium in which people can obtain edibles and sell their crashing item. I don't expect them to crash totally at 60K, but maybe at a higher price.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've heard theories saying that mint cakes will peak around 800k-1m because of the rarity = to higher priced rewards like scarves and goggles. I doubt eliminating the function of staking will effect the price.

phats are not dropping at all. it only seems that way because edibles and mints are rising to the point where merchants want to trade in phats for them. People are still willing to pay millions for phats and they're still very hard to come by for pure cash.

Lol. Edibles and mints are the currency used to buy phats. If you can buy phats now for fewer mints and edibles (and you can), then that means phats are dropping. As I said before, you are right that you still can't buy partyhats for pure gp -- gp have for months been amongst the worst crashing junk in the game. Like I said, it will be a while before partyhats can be bought for gp. When that happens, edibles will crash, too. But having said all of that, it's easier to get a partyhat today than it was two months ago. I had a guy offer me a red today for one egg and "about" seventy mint. That was his opening demand. Seemed a lot lower to me than what I would have seen not all that long ago.

people are trading off phats for FEWER mints/edibles is because THEY COST MORE. if phats were dropping, more phats would be traded for other expenses like pure cash and there will be more phat sellers in general.

to me it looks like there aren't many phat sellers looking for cash or those who just wants to get rid of it so in conclusion, they aren't really dropping at all. the only thing that is happening right now is that mints and edibles are rising like hot cakes.

The 'rares' market will be interesting once mint cakes reach around 45k or so. Everyone knows it'll crash at 60k, so many will probably try and dump them off at 50k or so. Because mint cakes are now directly linked with edibles, and edibles linked to phats. We'll probably see a crash in the whole rares market, or at least, a panic sell. What do you think?

Not at all. Mints are linked to edibles and partyhats yes, but they are only a trading medium and when they crash it'll just mean a new item will have to be found. Also, they are not guaranteed to crash at 60k; yes they being held up by stakers as a way to go around the trade limits, but they remain a medium in which people can obtain edibles and sell their crashing item. I don't expect them to crash totally at 60K, but maybe at a higher price.

... Grand Seed Pods? They're only ~8k GE value right now. I was pretty sure they already had a minimal amount of use in the rares market, though.

2dgucz6.png

[hide]

... Grand Seed Pods? They're only ~8k GE value right now. I was pretty sure they already had a minimal amount of use in the rares market, though.

[/hide]

Seed pods are about 400k street right now, so they've got potential...

a70c7.png

Aren't seed pods rarer than mint cakes?

You get a seed reward about as often as a mint or scarf or goggles. But that being said you get 5 pods instead of 1 mint.

An ideal item would be something like a gnomeball - moderately difficult to obtain, tradeable (valued at 1 coin), but not available on the exchange.

Compost potions are rarer than mints tbh...

You may be right, but they're easier to obtain. You can trade your points in directly for them, instead of hopping to get lucky and receive one as a reward. Not to mention 5000 points isn't all that hard to get in vinesweeper. If they suddenly do become worth a few mill street, it certainly wont last as long as mints are lasting.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

We've changed the gnome restaurant and associated shops in a few ways. Firstly, if you complete a delivery task, the food and cocktail ingredients shops will be restocked. Secondly, we've adjusted the rewards for the deliveries, so you're more likely to get better items such as mint cakes or seed pods.

Owned.

Haha

Sell your mints. :thumbsup:

You know before everybody start to panic, we should really check the drop rate for the mints. If the rate is still low enough, mint cakes may still be viable, just at a lower price. I might start buying a cabbage load of mints and wait to see what is the drop rate now, is not like a few hundred k is going to kill my bank.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Haha

Sell your mints. :thumbsup:

You know before everybody start to panic, we should really check the drop rate for the mints. If the rate is still low enough, mint cakes may still be viable, just at a lower price. I might start buying a cabbage load of mints and wait to see what is the drop rate now, is not like a few hundred k is going to kill my bank.

They are VERY nerfed:

eb61jr.jpg

Owned!! Lol at w2 Ge. Good fight mint cakes :D

I wonder why people still are buying mints?

People think it'll rebound after... according to some people, it's 30 mints per hour. If that's correct, then it'll definately tank on the ge value. 1.1m/h is pretty high..

I sold the few mints I had on the GE, they're dead as a merchanting item and they have no other use. The run energy update made them even more pointless than they already were; I can't think of any situation where having a mint is preferable to purple sweets or a super energy potion. 38k is over priced for how useless they are now so I can only see them going down in the long term.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

They have no chance. As said a few pages ago, they are just a 'non-item'. Nobody actually wanted them, they were just used to get more wealth. They were only good for that because of the unpredictability of collecting them.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

They have no chance. As said a few pages ago, they are just a 'non-item'. Nobody actually wanted them, they were just used to get more wealth. They were only good for that because of the unpredictability of collecting them.

To be more precise, they were used as currency because they were rare. IRL, that's why gold's a form of universal currency -- it's rare. And that's why gp's not a good currency in Runescape -- the 76k/26k trick has made it too common. Jagex has ruined mints as a currency (since they are no longer rare), but they have not solved the fundamental problems.

punitivedsig.png