3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friend is quitting and selling his blue phat to me for market =D, lucky me right? anyone know what i can get out of it? have no desire to have a phat, i want a divine out of it for sure, anyone know what else i can get with it aside from the divine?

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)

friend is quitting and selling his blue to me for market =D, lucky me right? anyone know what i can get out of it? have no desire to have a phat, i want a divine out of it for sure, anyone know what else i can get with it aside from the divine?

I wanna cry after reading this.

you can get a blue for market, but don't want it.

4e0Vn.png

friend is quitting and selling his blue to me for market =D, lucky me right? anyone know what i can get out of it? have no desire to have a phat, i want a divine out of it for sure, anyone know what else i can get with it aside from the divine?

I wanna cry after reading this.

you can get a blue for market, but don't want it.

meant a phat not a mask lol, you cant get a phat for market =/

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)

friend is quitting and selling his blue phat to me for market =D, lucky me right? anyone know what i can get out of it? have no desire to have a phat, i want a divine out of it for sure, anyone know what else i can get with it aside from the divine?

Oh ... My ... God.

Take the blue, and hold it. Wear it with pride, it's the ultimate status symbol. Unless you have a lot of junk to trade you will never sell it for its true price.

Plz don't sell for divine :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Oh ... My ... God.

Take the blue, and hold it. Wear it with pride, it's the ultimate status symbol. Unless you have a lot of junk to trade you will never sell it for its true price.

agreed. you must have a lot of balls to put your risk into those things. >.>

Oh ... My ... God.

not putting a risk in it, i really have always hated phats. i had a yellow at one time and it was annoying just having it in your bank. im not a skiller at all, i HATE skilling with a passion, my ultimate goal is to have a spirit shield set at some point. a divine will actually get me cash from soloing, rather than a blue phat that just sits in my bank when ill never get enough junk to ever sell it for its true price unless i get a divine and maybe a couple other rares out of it

I_G_RagZ.png

Oh ... My ... God.

not putting a risk in it, i really have always hated phats. i had a yellow at one time and it was annoying just having it in your bank. im not a skiller at all, i HATE skilling with a passion, my ultimate goal is to have a spirit shield set at some point. a divine will actually get me cash from soloing, rather than a blue phat that just sits in my bank when ill never get enough junk to ever sell it for its true price unless i get a divine and maybe a couple other rares out of it

Actually it would be a really foolish move to trade it in for something like a divine. Just think about it, you read months ago in the first content team Q&A that Jagex has higher level armor in the making, and even in this recent Q&A that it's still in production. What's going to happen when a better shield than a divine comes out and you are stuck with a falling item. If there ever comes a shield better than a divine the street price will drop drastically.

Not to mention, if you had a blue you could easily trade it for a full set of whatever high level items come out. Think about the future, not about the now.

Stellactic.gif

You can get at least 2 divines for a Blue Partyhat. Meaning trading it for anything less than 2 divines is an absolute rip off to you and the community because you'll be giving some merchant a great deal. If you're going to trade off a Blue Partyhat get at least 4 pumpkins for it and then trade 1 pumpkin for some lower edibles and then trade 1 of your three remaining pumpkins with a few lower edibles for the divine and keep the other two. DO NOT, AND I REPEAT, DO NOT SELL THAT BLUE FOR A DIVINE ALONE!

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

^ seriously? a better shield than divine? :shock: we're not even due for an 80+ armor yet and we're jumping towards this?! man.

2) Will the new dungeon bring new high level armour and/or weapons?

I am not willing to say with which update we will release new high level armour and weapon but yes, they are being designed as we speak. I just got out of a meeting with a lot of quite impressive numbers being discussed!

Will you also add high level content for the combat skills (like weapons with higher requirements)?

Fetzki: As I just said: They are being done!

Clearly there will be armor better than what we already have.

Stellactic.gif

your still got getting the point, its useless to me, i dont skill, i slay and do gwd, so how does a blue phat help me in that sence? im honestly not going to keep a 400m+ item until whenever jagex decides to release that new armour, and in the end ill prob be sticking to bandos since its by far my favorite armour. i classify phats the same way i do 3a, and the fake is they are useless junk that isnt practical to use or have at all. im not the type of person to be like omg i got this item and im gonna keep it cuz its worth a lot and maybe down the road (whenever that is) that im gonna sell it for something useful. most ppl arent going to be playing the game that long to see that sort of content or even think that far.

I_G_RagZ.png

your still got getting the point, its useless to me, i dont skill, i slay and do gwd, so how does a blue phat help me in that sence? im honestly not going to keep a 400m+ item until whenever jagex decides to release that new armour, and in the end ill prob be sticking to bandos since its by far my favorite armour. i classify phats the same way i do 3a, and the fake is they are useless junk that isnt practical to use or have at all. im not the type of person to be like omg i got this item and im gonna keep it cuz its worth a lot and maybe down the road (whenever that is) that im gonna sell it for something useful. most ppl arent going to be playing the game that long to see that sort of content or even think that far.

I get it, but this philosophical debate about the relative merits of useful items versus status items is a bit off-topic. In the end, it's really a matter of taste. (Fwiw, I sympathize with your position -- I can't relate to people who sell items that they use every day because they think the price will drop and they don't want to "lose" money.) Anyway, I think you got your answer from Master Smither. Here's what I suggest: Go to the Runescape Official Forum under Marketplace/Discontinued Items and explain your situation. You'll have people falling over themselves to try to do some kind of deal with you. Take your time sorting through the offers and negotiating to get what you want. When you're convinced that you've done the best that you can to get what you will enjoy out of the hat, pull the trigger. More power to you. I hope your good fortune enhances your game experience. Now if only I could find someone to sell me a red for two easters and a focus.

punitivedsig.png

Why? The Blue P Hat has the potential to make you money, just is a way that requires no effort on your part. But if you really are set on selling it (since aparently it also isn't worth anything as a memento from your friend), then take Master Smither's advice.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Well you got your answer on the divine, now your just trollin us. We get you are extremely lucky and have the opportunity to get whatever you want. So do it. Get the divine, monster hunt and don't read this thread again unless you want to constantly be reminded how bad a decision you are making.

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

Well you got your answer on the divine, now your just trollin us. We get you are extremely lucky and have the opportunity to get whatever you want. So do it. Get the divine, monster hunt and don't read this thread again unless you want to constantly be reminded how bad a decision you are making.

yes but it all comes down to not only item worth, but what the item is worth to you. i was simply asking what else i could get out of it street wise.

I_G_RagZ.png

So I bought 2 santas about a weeks ago for 36 million each.

Im going to become member when summer holidays come around, so I am trying to make as much money as possible for the time being.

My question is : Are santas going to rise alot in about 4-5 months, or should I wait a week or two for santas to rise a little, sell them and reinvest the cash?

Thanks for all the answers.

So I bought 2 santas about a weeks ago for 36 million each.

Im going to become member when summer holidays come around, so I am trying to make as much money as possible for the time being.

My question is : Are santas going to rise alot in about 4-5 months, or should I wait a week or two for santas to rise a little, sell them and reinvest the cash?

Thanks for all the answers.

When the price of the santa passes the price of the blue mask, I would sell the santas and buy masks.

punitivedsig.png

So, i was thinking into entering the rare market, wich would be a good rare to start off?

santa

I want to get into the rare market as well. Im currently at 29-30Mil and when i started saving for santas they were 32mil and now their almost 40mil...

How much longer will they rise?

Will they crash?

Is now a good time to get one?

They will rise indefinitely. They will crash eventually (and then start rising again). Yes, this is a good time to get one.

punitivedsig.png

So, I have 4 santas and a blue h'ween mask. How close am I to having a Phat again?

God, I wish I didn't sell my red phat back in the day....

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

So, I have 4 santas and a blue h'ween mask. How close am I to having a Phat again?

God, I wish I didn't sell my red phat back in the day....

Not even in the ballpark unless phats crash. Your best bet would be to try to get enough risings for a purple. With some work, you might find somebody willing to sell you a purple for pure risings. For other hats, you'll need edibles.

punitivedsig.png