3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

what is the value of the egg atm?

I'm looking to buy a green atm and want to know where I stand.

also, does it make more sense to buy a green instead of a yellow? Greens are rarer correct?

EDIT: I found out that eggs are 210-230M but Punitive D already posted below me.

As for the Phat: Greens seem to be rarer from what we see (there could be a hoarder with a few hundred but chances are they won't release them into the economy). But the natural demand for yellows is higher because more people like how it looks compares to green. That extra little demand pushed yellow to be more expensive then green. Then since it's more expensive street for pretty much the same GE price, more people try to snipe one off the GE thus pushing demand up even higher. That keeps snowballing until you reach where we're at now, where green is rarer but yellow is more expensive.

If you are buying a phat for looks: get the one you think looks better.

If you are buying it for money making: Yellows in my opinion will always be higher then green

Beware though: In event of a crash, since there are more yellows out there, they will crash faster and harder.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the value of the egg atm?

I'm looking to buy a green atm and want to know where I stand.

also, does it make more sense to buy a green instead of a yellow? Greens are rarer correct?

I'll look into eggs.

As for the Phat: Greens seem to be rarer from what we see (there could be a hoarder with a few hundred but chances are they won't release them into the economy). But the natural demand for yellows is higher because more people like how it looks compares to green. That extra little demand pushed yellow to be more expensive then green. Then since it's more expensive street for pretty much the same GE price, more people try to snipe one off the GE thus pushing demand up even higher. That keeps snowballing until you reach where we're at now, where green is rarer but yellow is more expensive.

If you are buying a phat for looks: get the one you think looks better.

If you are buying it for money making: Yellows in my opinion will always be higher then green

Beware though: In event of a crash, since there are more yellows out there, they will crash faster and harder.

Eggs are 220m.

For investment purposes, I would buy the green. They're so much easier to buy right now. From an investment standpoint, I think it would be hard to justify buying yellow over green. If you're thinking that way, you'd probably be better off jumping clear up to red.

punitivedsig.png

Eggs are 220m.

For investment purposes, I would buy the green. They're so much easier to buy right now. From an investment standpoint, I think it would be hard to justify buying yellow over green. If you're thinking that way, you'd probably be better off jumping clear up to red.

Yeah, sorry, for some reason I was thinking that he would try to snipe it off the GE thus making yellow the better money making option. Reading back it looks more like he'll be trading egg + cash / items for the phat so I agree with you now, green is the better choice.

Eggs are 220m.

Yeah, sorry, for some reason I was thinking that he would try to snipe it off the GE thus making yellow the better money making option. Reading back it looks more like he'll be trading egg + cash / items for the phat so I agree with you now, green is the better choice.

Green is getting close to egg plus cash (it was egg plus eight mint right before the mint nerf -- I know a guy who traded green for 41 mint right before the nerf (ouch)). Purple already is well below the egg -- should be buyable in GE soon. Red is about two eggs. Yellow is hard to buy without mints because the owner will want two eggs (which it isn't worth), but it's worth significantly more than one egg. That was the beauty of the mint -- it allowed fine adjustments in price that are very difficult now.

punitivedsig.png

So what's the word on masks? I have 2 Red Masks that I bought for min price at 62M and the other at 59M. I heard they are going to rise pretty high, and apparently all masks are back to rising again after their recent drop. Even green is doing it. :thumbup: Santa Hats were just going back and fourth so I sold mine, but how high will masks end up going?

So what's the word on masks? I have 2 Red Masks that I bought for min price at 62M and the other at 59M. I heard they are going to rise pretty high, and apparently all masks are back to rising again after their recent drop. Even green is doing it. :thumbup: Santa Hats were just going back and fourth so I sold mine, but how high will masks end up going?

so far, red is the only mask "standing" out compared to other masks and santa. they're peaking at 150m street.

so far, red is the only mask "standing" out compared to other masks and santa. they're peaking at 150m street.

I can't understand how they could have such a high street price when there are so many left in the game. 150m for an item that was about 6 months ago just 18m. Ridiculous. >_>

I can't understand how they could have such a high street price when there are so many left in the game. 150m for an item that was about 6 months ago just 18m. Ridiculous. >_>

There's a fool born every minute. Guys sell wolf masks on the street for 15m even though you can buy them in the GE. Put in an offer at max for the red. You'll have it within a week.

punitivedsig.png

Eggs are 220m.

Green is getting close to egg plus cash (it was egg plus eight mint right before the mint nerf -- I know a guy who traded green for 41 mint right before the nerf (ouch)). Purple already is well below the egg -- should be buyable in GE soon. Red is about two eggs. Yellow is hard to buy without mints because the owner will want two eggs (which it isn't worth), but it's worth significantly more than one egg. That was the beauty of the mint -- it allowed fine adjustments in price that are very difficult now.

Thanks for the help guys! :smile:

Ill try my luck getting a green for egg+cash :thumbup:

4e0Vn.png

I'm certain that merchants are repeating what they've done to phats and edibles to masks. hoarding them. which is to the point where masks and santas will be

completely bought out and forcing players to play along with the street price so merchants can make profit.

as for yellow vs. green, I see a fair amount of them in the game. Their number is pretty much the same so rarity might have little effect on either green or yellow phat.

demand for yellow however, seems to be greater than green since it is more sought after and the color makes it accessible to match more outfits.

spiroff90: you can buy a few hooks for 20m each and you will have a better chance of getting one. I've never seen anyone (ever since phats were dipping) selling

green for 1 egg.

It seems like eggs aren't doing too well. Until we get a new 'Mint' item that sticks out I don't think eggs are going to be sold as much. Maybe a miniature crash will happen soon, because I don't see near as many being traded.

Then again, me saying this could start a crash because all this is is speculation.

Stellactic.gif

It seems like eggs aren't doing too well. Until we get a new 'Mint' item that sticks out I don't think eggs are going to be sold as much. Maybe a miniature crash will happen soon, because I don't see near as many being traded.

Then again, me saying this could start a crash because all this is is speculation.

just because mint cakes are gone doesn't mean there cannot be a substitute for one. ;)

hooks are doing fairly well. they're relatively expensive at 15-20m. Also, level 3 CS rewards like croziers and trimmed d'hide are all potential risings that "could" become the new mint cake since they fit the criteria as the cheap and hard-to-get risings.

just because mint cakes are gone doesn't mean there cannot be a substitute for one. ;)

hooks are doing fairly well. they're relatively expensive at 15-20m. Also, level 3 CS rewards like croziers and trimmed d'hide are all potential risings that "could" become the new mint cake since they fit the criteria as the cheap and hard-to-get risings.

Well certainly some day there will be a new hot item, but as for now it seems like things are all muddled. Before the mint update there were constantly people selling/buying easters, but now it seems like no one really wants the eggs because there really isn't much activity with them. Maybe I'm just telling myself this because I'd like to be able to buy a parthat some day...lol.

Stellactic.gif

Well certainly some day there will be a new hot item, but as for now it seems like things are all muddled. Before the mint update there were constantly people selling/buying easters, but now it seems like no one really wants the eggs because there really isn't much activity with them. Maybe I'm just telling myself this because I'd like to be able to buy a parthat some day...lol.

Things seem to have settled down now, but this morning there were several people in w2 trying to sell easters. The ASKING price was 195m.

punitivedsig.png

The only problem that I have with the nerf of mints is that a large portion of the 'smaller' merchants will be too scared to move onto a new item like a hook because of fear of another nerf. So they may try getting into normal item hoarding. I am fine if a noob wants to sink 15M into a useless cake. But stay away from my raw materials!

The only problem that I have with the nerf of mints is that a large portion of the 'snaller' merchants will be too scared to move onto a new item like a hook because of fear of another nerf. So they may try getting into normal item hoarding. I am fine if a noob wants to sink 15M into a useless cake. But stay away from my raw materials!

Mints performed a useful function, and I certainly am finding it harder to trade for easters and partyhats now that they're gone.

punitivedsig.png

2mhhpw8.png

great deal or greatest deal?

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

^ The Spirit Shields won't keep their street for long. New coloring isn't enough to maintain this.

idk i planned on using it rofl, just was wondering if it was a good deal

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Aren't mjolnirs the new mint cakes? They've been used along when mint cakes were as well. I've bought like 7 mjolnirs in the ge in like 3 days. So what are they worth?

Does anyone know the street of Onyx of all types, Uncut, Cut, Ring, Amulet etc...

Hmmm! Would be a nice item to choose, if merchants choose it. Doesn't come in the game very fast with the updates.

im hoping that merchants do chose it, then it forces jagex to adress the broken tzhaar shop problem

29bc22o.png

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

Does anyone know the street of Onyx of all types, Uncut, Cut, Ring, Amulet etc...

Hmmm! Would be a nice item to choose, if merchants choose it. Doesn't come in the game very fast with the updates.

im hoping that merchants do chose it, then it forces jagex to adress the broken tzhaar shop problem

Mind expanding on that? I haven't heard about that before....

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan