3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Would investing in a arcane or spectral (trying to snipe sigil from ge since i got bss already) be a smart investment? was thinking about getting arcane for my last barrages closing in on 99 summoning

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would investing in a arcane or spectral (trying to snipe sigil from ge since i got bss already) be a smart investment? was thinking about getting arcane for my last barrages closing in on 99 summoning

I bought an Arcane, Max on the GE in the morning. It wasn't automatic but I got it nonetheless. I'm attempting to get a Spectral, though no luck yet. I'd say it would be worth a try :)

Stellactic.gif

what is easier, sniping sigil in ge or sniping shield in ge?

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

has anyone or does anyone perceive the possibility that these rares, as well spirit shields will ever decreases majorly in value as they once were?

Generally speaking, all items that increase in number, decreases in value over time.

Prices are mainly influences by 3 factors.

1) How many of an item are in the game

2) How many people want that item

3) How is the item coming into the game, if at all?

Take an item such as the Godsword. The Bandos Godsword was once stable at 40M. Over many years, so many have come into the game they are now less than this cost. Spirit shields will follow the same path as this, unless something changes (Factor 2).

Updates play a large role in price of items such as these. If there was a new boss monster for example that used magic attacks you cannot protect against and dropped Abbysal Godswords, the spectral spirit shield would rise very high.

Thirdly you have to also factor how the item comes into the game. As new items and abilities come into the game, current bosses become easier and new equipment more efficient. Items can fall and rise because of other items making them less useful.

Rares on the other hand are completely different as they are more of a "collectors item". Rares have no use in the game, so their value is only tied to what people say its value is worth. Because they only exit the game, and do not enter, this makes rares likely only to rise in the long term simply because there will be less of them in the future.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Can anyone post pictures of the updated shields worn? :)

They have pictures for all except for the divine.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane_spirit_shield

By the way thank you sharksman3 for showing me this.

On 1 February 2010, the spirit shields appearances were changed to match their inventory pictures, which were updated before. Arcane spirit shields color was changed into golden yellow. Previously Arcane and Divine were close to same shade of green and Elysian and Spectral were close to same shade of blue. This update was probably done to make the spirit shields more distinguishable from each other.

What the...

Divine and Arcane were NOT close to the same shade of green. Arcane wasn't even green, it was a gray, tan color similar to BLESSED.

just got 17 mints from the mini game...

mints dont sell at min in ge.

gf w2 ge.

You're around a day late, they were selling max GE till people finally realised it was trash

Yeah, when I first saw that they were increasing the rates of mint rewards I thought, 'OK maybe 1 every delivery, that will drop the street but not below a few M' So I stuck an offer in the GE for a bunch thinking I could snag some for a few M profit. As soon as I saw that pic on Page100 of getting 10 in 1 trip I knew it was a legit nerf and quickly removed my offer.

Have any rares been effected in price because of this? It stands to reason that people will start moving their GP into other items IE: rares.

gf w2 ge.

You're around a day late, they were selling max GE till people finally realised it was trash

Yeah, when I first saw that they were increasing the rates of mint rewards I thought, 'OK maybe 1 every delivery, that will drop the street but not below a few M' So I stuck an offer in the GE for a bunch thinking I could snag some for a few M profit. As soon as I saw that pic on Page100 of getting 10 in 1 trip I knew it was a legit nerf and quickly removed my offer.

Have any rares been effected in price because of this? It stands to reason that people will start moving their GP into other items IE: rares.

I haven't many sources but apparently people just moved to manip items and chef's delight (m4) which isn't tied to other doses like most potions

gf w2 ge.

I haven't many sources but apparently people just moved to manip items and chef's delight (m4) which isn't tied to other doses like most potions

I fear this is a poor choice. Players might start mass-producing chef's delight (m4). (I've considered it myself.) Also Jagex could simply change the GE pricing so that its price works in lockstep with other dosages.

But your referring to this as "manipulation" suggests that you might not understand what was going on with mints. Their demand increased mostly because they were adopted as an ad hoc form of currency that was needed to trade items that cannot be traded on the GE because their stated gp price is so far off. They became the anti-junk. The problem wasn't manipulation. If there was a problem, it was in the flawed Jagex trading system that made a form of currency such as mints necessary.

punitivedsig.png

Chef's delight is way too easy to produce, why can't the merchants just use rares as mints? Third age etc

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Chef's delight is way too easy to produce, why can't the merchants just use rares as mints? Third age etc

They do, actually. However, that still leaves a need for a low-to-mid level item to use as a fiat currency. Buying an AGS with a 3a robe top is a bit overkill.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

what is the value of the egg atm?

I'm looking to buy a green atm and want to know where I stand.

also, does it make more sense to buy a green instead of a yellow? Greens are rarer correct?

4e0Vn.png

gf w2 ge.

I fear this is a poor choice. Players might start mass-producing chef's delight (m4). (I've considered it myself.) Also Jagex could simply change the GE pricing so that its price works in lockstep with other dosages.

But your referring to this as "manipulation" suggests that you might not understand what was going on with mints. Their demand increased mostly because they were adopted as an ad hoc form of currency that was needed to trade items that cannot be traded on the GE because their stated gp price is so far off. They became the anti-junk. The problem wasn't manipulation. If there was a problem, it was in the flawed Jagex trading system that made a form of currency such as mints necessary.

No, I didn't mean mints were manip items. They were just antijunk as you said. It had demand to obtain other items as well as staking and lending. I'm just saying the people selling their item with some street value would go for items that are about to be manipulated by say, smoking mils, since mint cakes got heavily nerfed (30/h rate is my estimate).

The Ge simply doesn't update enough to meet the 'real' prices. The GE is flawed in many ways.

EDIT - Umm, rereading what you said, I think Chef's Delight (m4) just got a shot up in demand for a new item, probably not manipulation. I'm not great in the rares section of the market.