3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Appolgiae for Double post but what can be done with 1-2BIL statues from pvp, do these have a value above trade in , and with that much pure cash what would be best method to obtain a cracker or blue phat

My advice would be to forget about the cracker and focus on the blue partyhat. I don't do pvp, so I don't know about these statues, but I cannot imagine how they possibly could be worth more than their trade-in value. Are they even tradeable? In any event, they have no use apart from trading them in for cash.

The first thing you need to do is get in the game. This means buying something with a street price above market price. A cash pile will be largely irrelevant to the purchase of a blue partyhat. I doubt any partyhat owner would want to collect that much junk, and they won't want cash anyway. Here's a plan for you: Buy three easters for cash. Figure on about $900m total. You can then use those easters to buy a red. (Actually, you should be able to put some junk with it or take hooks or something coming back.) Once you have the red, you can buy more easters for cash to trade up to a white. I'm not exactly sure how much you would need. Master Smither probably could help there. You might actually need to buy multiple easters, which you could turn into a disk or pump. Once you have the white, rinse and repeat until you have enough for the blue. Again, Master Smither can give you some idea just what you'll need. What I'm trying to show you is that you won't be able to go straight from cash to blue. Probably the most direct method would be to buy easters for cash, turn the easters into pumps, and collect enough pumps to convince someone to give you a blue. Even then, you might need a white or at least a red to throw in.

punitivedsig.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's is a sad day when I can have too much cash to carry and still be unable to buy some items. What do you expect without free trade though I guess. Proberly won't buy any phats just keep building up my collection. However for very long term investments would many santas or masks be better.

Also what is the state of jugs of wine, I heard they where like 1 bil street at one point.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Also what is the state of jugs of wine, I heard they where like 1 bil street at one point.

Half wines are in the same boat as crackers. There are too few in the game (at least in the open market) to be able to nail down a definite street price. I have seen offers range from 1B all the way to 3B.

Also in regards to the PVP statute question. They have the exact same value on the street as in trade and trading to the NPC on PVP or BH worlds. Why would they have high street value when they are not rare, and have a definite, fixed price ingame? Why would I pay 1.1M for something that will NEVER rise over 1M? A 1M statute has the exact same value as 1M GP on the street.

Half wines are in the same boat as crackers. There are too few in the game (at least in the open market) to be able to nail down a definite street price. I have seen offers range from 1B all the way to 3B.

Also in regards to the PVP statute question. They have the exact same value on the street as in trade and trading to the NPC on PVP or BH worlds. Why would they have high street value when they are not rare, and have a definite, fixed price ingame? Why would I pay 1.1M for something that will NEVER rise over 1M? A 1M statute has the exact same value as 1M GP on the street.

Because some of them are more rare then others. That makes them a perfect candidate for use as a fiat currency.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I find that hilarious since about a year ago I tried for 5 hours to sell my half wine for mid price in w2, tried for a few days in GE and noone wanted. So I kept it. >_>

Anyone know the current prices on Santa's and Blue H'weens? I think santa's are around 60m, but not sure....

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

Except that thousands more people play PvP daily than ever played Gnome Restaurant.

Yup. That is why their fiat value is limited more so then mint cakes. At most one would probably gain a street value of 50-100k over for the lower ones, and maybe 500k for an ancient/seren. On the other hand, many PvP'ers aren't merchents, most I would dare say. They would still be cashing in their stats. People who played gnome minigame did so to get mint cakes, really. Or else scarves.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

From reading through this, as a novice, it seems that no matter how much money (or time) i have in game, i cannot buy the top end items?

To get a top item, i need to buy 10 of item x, swap up for another item Y (with junk) then repeat to get 5 of Y, to swap (with presumably more rubbish) 5Y for one Z ?

Does that make sense to anyone?

How has the perceived worth of some of these items become so high that in order to sell them, a player has to jump through so many hoops?

Does this mean that if i got a good item from a clue, it is impossible to sell on GE or if it does sell, i 'lose' money based on a perceived street price?

I would be interested to hear the opinion of the people who are holding these expensive items - if it is so difficult to buy your item, for someone starting with cash only, do you really think this is sustainable? How much worth can you place on an item that i need to go and trade 50 times with other people before i can swap for your item?

How long will it be before the number of players entering the game, who cannot get these items, no longer care about them? As some one who has been around for 4-5 years, who has a net worth of several hundred million, I cannot be bothered to trawl forums for days on end to hunt down a complicated item chain to secure the 1 item I would like to buy. How many more people like me are there?

If i was holding 'rares' I would be more worried about the diminishing market of people who could actually trade me, as opposed to trying to justify why my item is worth so much more than a 'sensible' cash value.

G

Gda_Scooby.png

People are willing to do that to get these items, so clearly it makes sense. The fundamental problem is the Grand Exchange severely undervalues them.

You can sell third age on the Grand Exchange, but several piece have high street values, most notably the melee armor.

The harder it is to get an item, the more people want it, truth be told.

Eventually the grand exchange prices will rise to the point at which partyhats are actually valued, perhaps excluding blue, crackers, and wines.

People are willing to do that to get these items, so clearly it makes sense. The fundamental problem is the Grand Exchange severely undervalues them.

You can sell third age on the Grand Exchange, but several piece have high street values, most notably the melee armor.

The harder it is to get an item, the more people want it, truth be told.

Eventually the grand exchange prices will rise to the point at which partyhats are actually valued, perhaps excluding blue, crackers, and wines.

If that is the case, maybe it would be nice if for once every 3 months one of the mods spends a week or so getting the correct value of a certain group of items and manually sets their values on the GE.

Because right now since some people are willing to jump through so many hoops for these god forsaken items it means that everyone is expected to do the same, which sucks.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

If that is the case, maybe it would be nice if for once every 3 months one of the mods spends a week or so getting the correct value of a certain group of items and manually sets their values on the GE.

Because right now since some people are willing to jump through so many hoops for these god forsaken items it means that everyone is expected to do the same, which sucks.

The "street" price is far above what the exchange will settle at. Junk is not "worthless", it sells eventually. If Jagex set Green Partyhats at 550m, they would crash from that price.

And anyway, since some people are willing to go through the hoops it means they get the hat. Want one yourself? Compete or quit complaining. It's how a market works.

The "street" price is far above what the exchange will settle at. Junk is not "worthless", it sells eventually. If Jagex set Green Partyhats at 550m, they would crash from that price.

And anyway, since some people are willing to go through the hoops it means they get the hat. Want one yourself? Compete or quit complaining. It's how a market works.

I dunno, before the GE you didn't have to go through any hoops. Just pay straight out cash, and that's it.

I dunno, before the GE you didn't have to go through any hoops. Just pay straight out cash, and that's it.

Because you used to be able to trade at the true value. There is a price ceiling due to the grand exchange's slow updates.

Actually I do own some rares that I consider impossible to sell at street price. There's no freaking way I am getting hundreds of millions of junk items so if I wanted to sell, I would have to sell at or near GE price.

Unfortunately, that's how the market is right now.

The problem is because of the price caps (Mr. Obvious on the attack), but it's not like Jagex can remove them. I don't want to see billionaires offering millions for a common item just so they can make the price go up like crazy in a single update. That's worse since richer players will offer up like 10k for a cheap item, when a player that's just starting off wont ever be able to touch it. I would love to see a solution where the GE updates like 3+ times a day, so buy-outs will die a lot quicker and rising items can actually be bought.

guido_49.png

Posted this topic in help and advice but was advised to post here instead, so sorry for the copy and paste. Help is greatly appreciated

K so I'm interested in buying some rares now, but unfortunately things are much more complicated these days. No one will sell for straight cash because of street prices, it seems like the best way is to work up to higher rares from lower ones (I think). Currently I have 2 red masks, 1 blue and 3 greens, plus 90m cash. I'm not even sure what my masks are worth, I've seen red for over 100m and green for 70, haven't seen blue. What are the current street prices of the phats, and which ones if any are in my price range? If they are in my range how would I ultimately get to one through trades. I have a basic understanding of junk but have no actual junk. I'm horrible with things like this so any help is greatly appreciated.

clansig7.gif

Posted this topic in help and advice but was advised to post here instead, so sorry for the copy and paste. Help is greatly appreciated

K so I'm interested in buying some rares now, but unfortunately things are much more complicated these days. No one will sell for straight cash because of street prices, it seems like the best way is to work up to higher rares from lower ones (I think). Currently I have 2 red masks, 1 blue and 3 greens, plus 90m cash. I'm not even sure what my masks are worth, I've seen red for over 100m and green for 70, haven't seen blue. What are the current street prices of the phats, and which ones if any are in my price range? If they are in my range how would I ultimately get to one through trades. I have a basic understanding of junk but have no actual junk. I'm horrible with things like this so any help is greatly appreciated.

partyhats are at the peak in street price atm. they've been staying at the same price for awhile and i am confident that they will fall soon.

on the other hand, if you want to trade in masks for phat, you're going to need a lot. most of them won't even bother with masks. Sniping is getting harder to pull for obvious reasons. this is where Darwinism might be possible. where merchants with rares will only get richer. Have you seen the RSOF discontinued section? its always the same people trading rares and all their goodies to the same mother f**ck*n people all the damn time.

Actually I do own some rares that I consider impossible to sell at street price. There's no freaking way I am getting hundreds of millions of junk items so if I wanted to sell, I would have to sell at or near GE price.

Unfortunately, that's how the market is right now.

You do realize that junk trading is completely optional? There are useful items you could buy with those rares (onyx ring, wergali unfinished potion, etc).

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I have pumpkin and easter and dont plan to ever get any junk (I lend SGS to get rid of what I get) so I only care about their price in GE, and they wont stop rising before a long time :P I just plan to sell in ge once I've profited enough from them.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I have pumpkin and easter and dont plan to ever get any junk (I lend SGS to get rid of what I get) so I only care about their price in GE, and they wont stop rising before a long time :P I just plan to sell in ge once I've profited enough from them.

Hope you're planning to play for a long time! Easter's GE price is less than 1/3 it's street price.

punitivedsig.png

Hope you're planning to play for a long time! Easter's GE price is less than 1/3 it's street price.

I know, and it's even more for pumpkin :) And I don't plan to quit Runescape before I get to uni, and I'll still try to play when I get there. ;)

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png