3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addy++ arrows are linked to weapon poison++, so whenever the poison++ are dumped, the arrows will fall.

shouldn't that apply for other arrows too? why just addy?

Addy arrows p++ are the most common p++ arrow in the game. Very few, if any, players poison their own arrows. However, many addy p++ arrows are brought into the game through zammy GWD. Therefore, addy arrows ++ are more influenced then other arrows.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I'm confident that we've reached the peak of the prices we're at right now. I don't see Bandos, Armadyl, or any godswords rising after this point.

People said that when AGS reached 90M+, 100M+, and continuously onward after that. Bandos is still a bit cheap, considering it's a good weapon and fairly cheap. Zammy godsword is no doubt the rarest godsword, since no one kills Kril' as much as the other gens, but it has limited uses. I can see all of them going up a bit more. SGS has a lot of potential to go 100M+ at this point.

guido_49.png

I'm confident that we've reached the peak of the prices we're at right now. I don't see Bandos, Armadyl, or any godswords rising after this point.

People said that when AGS reached 90M+, 100M+, and continuously onward after that. Bandos is still a bit cheap, considering it's a good weapon and fairly cheap. Zammy godsword is no doubt the rarest godsword, since no one kills Kril' as much as the other gens, but it has limited uses. I can see all of them going up a bit more. SGS has a lot of potential to go 100M+ at this point.

I'm going to have to agree with abyssal_whip with this one. With the 'nerfing' of 76k'ing the hyper inflation has since slowed down considerably. Of cource inflation has always and will always happen, but the 8-12% inflation per month that we saw since pure GP rewards will hopefully be a thing of the past. And with more and more items coming into the game the natural deflation of weapons etc should AT LEAST even out the inflation.

Here is a graph from Runewiki showing their version of the stock market index. I'm not exactly sure how they come up with how the numbers work, but I know that it was started at 100 when the GE beta came out and has been tracking prices ever since. It tracks the prices of Runes, Ores, Bars, Logs and Foods.

commonc.jpg

As you can see, prices seem to have hit their peaks and are stabalizing.

I'm going to have to agree with abyssal_whip with this one. With the 'nerfing' of 76k'ing the hyper inflation has since slowed down considerably. Of cource inflation has always and will always happen, but the 8-12% inflation per month that we saw since pure GP rewards will hopefully be a thing of the past. And with more and more items coming into the game the natural deflation of weapons etc should AT LEAST even out the inflation.

Here is a graph from Runewiki showing their version of the stock market index. I'm not exactly sure how they come up with how the numbers work, but I know that it was started at 100 when the GE beta came out and has been tracking prices ever since. It tracks the prices of Runes, Ores, Bars, Logs and Foods.

commonc.jpg

That's what people have been satying for the past few months, but I honestly think that as long as the gold tap (PVP drops) doesn't get turned off, inflation will never stop. Without a faster goldsink to drain the flood, the pool of gold in the whole game just increases everyday, why would inflation stop? The plateau you see at the end of the chart could be the preview to another rise, similar to the other plateau before it,

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Again, it's too early to tell generally, but it's pretty safe to say a lot of major gear is falling cause it's just getting too lucrative to monster hunt.

Inflation won't stop; instead, it'll get pushed into rares, as it is now.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

commonc.jpg

That's what people have been satying for the past few months, but I honestly think that as long as the gold tap (PVP drops) doesn't get turned off, inflation will never stop. Without a faster goldsink to drain the flood, the pool of gold in the whole game just increases everyday, why would inflation stop? The plateau you see at the end of the chart could be the preview to another rise, similar to the other plateau before it,

It can stop if enough people go to tds, gwd etc to create more items for the total amount of cash to be used on. Growing amount of items + growing amount of cash = balance.

commonc.jpg

It can stop if enough people go to tds, gwd etc to create more items for the total amount of cash to be used on. Growing amount of items + growing amount of cash = balance.

At the expense of the decreasing buying power of gold. I recently checked my GWD equipment, and all of them increased from 40-100% price, from the introduction of PVP worlds with item drops to the current state. Of course, standard daily gameplay won't be adversely affected since most of the commodities have their price tied to the high alch value (bars, hides, logs...), so you see the rares and high level monster drops increasing in value to reflect the increase of the pool of money in the game. I've been slaying since I came back to members, and instead of selling my drops I'm keeping them in the bank, along with those cut gems that I no longer receive from random events. Why sell for gold and keep the value stagnant?

The good news is, you're right in saying that Growing amount of items + growing amount of cash = balance. The bad news is, I don't think players see PVP as much less profitable compared to boss hunting currently. At the very least, it's easier to farming EP and PVP drops (which can be done while skilling), than to get decent stats and equipment, buy resources, arrange a team and timeslot, and hunt Bandos many many times. At the expense of skilling time too.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I'm planning on upgrading purple to green. How many mints do I need? I think maybe 15?

green is close (but not exact) to 2 eggs so considering 1 purp = egg, you'll need around 20 more.

Is that Purple + 20 mints or Purple + 35 mints? :o

If I'm totally new to this street market trading thingy, with absolutely no junk and a bit of cashpile, what's the best way for me to generate junk, or get a partyhat?

Zepheras.png

-F1775

I'm planning on upgrading purple to green. How many mints do I need? I think maybe 15?

green is close (but not exact) to 2 eggs so considering 1 purp = egg, you'll need around 20 more.

Is that Purple + 20 mints or Purple + 35 mints? :o

purp + 35, otherwise egg would go for 20 mints. >.>

Armadyl and bandos armour, godswords and claws, they are all crashing atm. I'm having a hard time figuring out how low they would drop. Is it just a small crash and the start of the stagnation of these prices (can't see it getting much more expensive tbh) or is this really the huge crash some people have been afraid of?

question: why would someone sell a mint cake on the ge for like 10k if its worth like 8mil street price?

A ) If they don't have any junk and don't need/know how to make any junk.

Or

B ) They are not aware of it's street price.

It would be foolish to sell one on the GE however. At a minimum you could get an AGS for 24 hours instead of 12k.

So if they sell on GE I would be guessing it is likley the case they simply don't know of the high street value.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Is it possible at all to get a half wine in the GE?

I would assume that as long as you get an offer in under 30 seconds after the update you have a shot. Less people want to wait at the GE for half wines because they are so hard to tell when they update. Most people go for eggs or pumps because thier updates follow a fairly good pattern and are easy to tell what days they will update.

Funny story about this... I was sitting at the GE waiting to get a half wine. The GE updated and I got my offer in 10-15 seconds after the update (I even beat my update notifier which checks 3 times per minute). Too bad half wines didn't rise that day....