3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting money for an Elysian Spirit Shield (360M combined cash & items now), but the ESS doesn't seem to move even a tiny bit. Can anyone tell me how the streetmarket is evolving and what the expectations are for the future?

comparing graphs from every popular items, seems like everything will just rise in the long run. I think its either we're experiencing a whole new economy (where items only get more expensive as more players are coming in), or speculations that JaGex won't do anything to counter this "inflation".

also, can anyone tell me if a c i d y has 2 identical accounts? i beat one in a duel arena, not sure if he merches or anything.

acidy.png

I'm surprised dragon bones fell as quickly as they did. Yes they were probably hoarded for a long time, but months of hoarding for a mere 25% increase in price? That was worth it? Right now they are buyable at minimum still (4.2k), so my guess is that they will fall to just under 4k, before going back up a bit and settling between 4-4.5k each (unless a round 2 of dragon bone buyout happens).

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Yeah, I bought 10k dragon bones for mint first at 4.7k each. Then another 10k at 4.6k each. Then another one at 4.4k each. Now they keep falling, so I bought another load at 4.2k each. Guess I'll keep buying lol. Can resell some of them with profit to make up for the ones I bought too expensive.

First real merch attempt myself. Bought 6K d bones at 4k ea because of this topic. Hopefully you're all right.

I have 40k dbones myself, all bought at 4.2 to 4.7k each, so if it fails, I fail even harder :D

Good thing you got them at min. I tried mine, saw it didnt sell instantly and just went for med. Bit stupid but I didnt want to risk waiting for min to come through when it wasnt at all , and med price would get bought out in the mean time.

On a sidenote: I believe it is certainly not impossible that you can't flip red masks anymore éxactly because you guys stated in this topic you were doing so. A lot of people read this, you know ;)

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

On a sidenote: I believe it is certainly not impossible that you can't flip red masks anymore éxactly because you guys stated in this topic you were doing so. A lot of people read this, you know ;)

Probably a bad idea to try to respond to something as incoherent as this, but here goes. I WAS flipping red masks. I would like to be flipping red masks right now, but I've found it to be impossible at the moment because I haven't been able to buy below max. (I've found that I don't really make much money buying for max and then selling for max, although I suppose that could be called "flipping.")

punitivedsig.png

I also was another flipping red masks, but now i can't as stated above. Good thing i have 12 sitting around to make cash from the rise ahead.

Arzian.png

It's been a while since we got an update on all rare prices. Could someone make a fancy list of them again? All I can really tell is that santas seem to be stabalizing. What do people think? Is this the highest they'll go before the inevitable Christmas crash? Will there even be a Christmas crash with all the GP floating in the game to suck it up? What is the meaning of life?

PS-> This has been a shameless bump used to see what my new siggy looks like. But seriously I wanna know.

It's been a while since we got an update on all rare prices. Could someone make a fancy list of them again? All I can really tell is that santas seem to be stabalizing. What do people think? Is this the highest they'll go before the inevitable Christmas crash? Will there even be a Christmas crash with all the GP floating in the game to suck it up? What is the meaning of life?

PS-> This has been a shameless bump used to see what my new siggy looks like. But seriously I wanna know.

I'd like to know about santas as well as my santas the only rare I have.

Also Is it still worthwhile to buy dragon bones? Your siggy looks cool by the way.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I also was another flipping red masks, but now i can't as stated above. Good thing i have 12 sitting around to make cash from the rise ahead.

I finally was able to buy a red mask at max last night. Then they went up 1.4M on the price change, and I sold (two actually) for max this morning. I kinda hate to sell when they're going up so fast. On the other hand, I got almost 100M for two masks.

punitivedsig.png

Also Is it still worthwhile to buy dragon bones? Your siggy looks cool by the way.

IMHO, Santas will go down before they go up again. You're right that it's hard to judge such things in the present inflationary environment. I'll share my secret for thinking about Santas fwiw. I look at the santa relative to the blue halloween mask. When the santa is higher than the blue mask (as it is now), I see the santa as a bit overpriced. When it drops below, it's a better deal.

Dragon bones certainly seem to be going up. I'm sorry that I bought only a couple thousand when they were below 4k.

punitivedsig.png

YES I AGREE.

THIS POST IS REGARDING SANTA HATS

Hi, first time posting on the i guess called merching thread but i currently have 2 santa hats i think i bought around 31.5 or 31mil and i have about a 76mil bank (total price) as of right now at this posting time the ge beta says that santas have changed 0gp in the last day or since the last update. Im currently non members even though i am a p2per and currently santas take up over 50% of my total bank worth. My question is i guess when would you sell or at what price do you think they would dump at *use some inside sources :)* but anyways its getting to that time of the year and this is my first near holiday merch attempt. i know that on x mas as well as after it the price should plummet so i wont hold that long but there are 14 days left so i need advice. also there are rumors going around that chessy (mercher) is hoarding over 1k santas and that she could crash price at any time should i be concerned about this?

Thanks Moosecow1/Malkinthekid

OTMSigXD.png

IMHO, Santas will go down before they go up again. You're right that it's hard to judge such things in the present inflationary environment. I'll share my secret for thinking about Santas fwiw. I look at the santa relative to the blue halloween mask. When the santa is higher than the blue mask (as it is now), I see the santa as a bit overpriced. When it drops below, it's a better deal.

Dragon bones certainly seem to be going up. I'm sorry that I bought only a couple thousand when they were below 4k.

I already have a santa so I think i'll sell it soon and buy another when the price drops.

It's a shame I missed out on buying Dragon bones as well.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

YES I AGREE.

Hi, first time posting on the i guess called merching thread but i currently have 2 santa hats i think i bought around 31.5 or 31mil and i have about a 76mil bank (total price) as of right now at this posting time the ge beta says that santas have changed 0gp in the last day or since the last update. Im currently non members even though i am a p2per and currently santas take up over 50% of my total bank worth. My question is i guess when would you sell or at what price do you think they would dump at *use some inside sources :)* but anyways its getting to that time of the year and this is my first near holiday merch attempt. i know that on x mas as well as after it the price should plummet so i wont hold that long but there are 14 days left so i need advice. also there are rumors going around that chessy (mercher) is hoarding over 1k santas and that she could crash price at any time should i be concerned about this?

I have no inside information, but, if it were me, I would sell at least one right now. I would never want to have such a high percentage of my bank tied up in one thing.

punitivedsig.png

YES I AGREE.

I have no inside information, but, if it were me, I would sell at least one right now. I would never want to have such a high percentage of my bank tied up in one thing.

i suppose so i just hope i dont lose money by selling early im trying to make up the 13mil i lost when my rares crashed over night *red and green mask + santa*

OTMSigXD.png

YES I AGREE.

i suppose so i just hope i dont lose money by selling early im trying to make up the 13mil i lost when my rares crashed over night *red and green mask + santa*

Well the small rares do tend to move together, but I think the santa has more risk right now. I wouldn't keep my wealth in cash, though -- you're sure to lose wealth that way. Why not sell one santa for as much as you can, use the proceeds to buy a blue halloween mask (which is due for a price rise -- I bought five today at or near max) and then try to sell the other santa?

punitivedsig.png