3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Comeon hardcore smithing/crafting update

Lol I hope not, I just sold off all my bars and ores. I had them sitting in my bank for 3 years and I never even used them.

That would be like herblore for me. I got the herblore level to make the highest level pot (82) then sold off all my herblore supplies, thinking I would never need them, ever again since by the time I was 82 I already had stockpiles of pots and leveling over 82 would be useless.

Then what happens? Jagex updates herblore and all prices rise! *dies*

Lol, I'm hoping for a smithing/crafting update next, since those skills are pointless. Smithing is worthless in every way and more, and crafting is really only worthwhile for making fury's, which isn't worth an entire skill.

I just hope that if a smithing or crafting update comes, it isn't enough to kill the prices anymore then they already are. I mean, 200 gp for an iron ore when they were stable at 100 gp for litterally years. In recent months the price of smithing and crafting has doubled (at least in F2P) and if some really epic high leveled content came, it would REALLY make prices go nuts.

Back on topic -> How are partyhats doing? I know they are still really high, but are they sitting at thier peak waiting to crash (caused by an epic money sink or other update)? Or will they just stabalize there? Or even go higher?

Really? I got 99 crafting forever ago for 62M. How much is it now? Smithing with addy plates isn't really that expensive though. I think it's like 7gp/exp without SC hammers.

guido_49.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are eyes of newt worth investing in? They're at 39ea and still crashing, and 70gp looks like the normal price. What's going on here? I have a mask set and santa on an old mule, should I sell them and buy newts instead? Haven't merched/played in over a year now, so I'm kinda lost.

EDIT: same with vials...

Are eyes of newt worth investing in? They're at 39ea and still crashing, and 70gp looks like the normal price. What's going on here? I have a mask set and santa on an old mule, should I sell them and buy newts instead? Haven't merched/played in over a year now, so I'm kinda lost.

Ironically I was just talking about this on IRC with a few friends. The shop update really ruined those prices so no don't invest in them. :P

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Really? I got 99 crafting forever ago for 62M. How much is it now? Smithing with addy plates isn't really that expensive though. I think it's like 7gp/exp without SC hammers.

I got 99 crafting in March for ~80M without SC needles doing green from 63-80, blue from 80-98, then black from 98-99... Calculated it for a friend yesterday and from 63-99 with green with SC needles it was ~57M so ~114M without needles. For the method I used it was ~147M without SC needles... So yeah, prices have gone up.

peace,

Vann

Really? I got 99 crafting forever ago for 62M. How much is it now?

I was planning on getting 99 crafting in F2P by cutting emeralds. I used this method to get 85 and it didn't cost me much. It was 4.5gp/exp. Now using the same method it is 12 gp/exp.

On topic -> have any rares changed in street value significantly lately?

I was planning on getting 99 crafting in F2P by cutting emeralds. I used this method to get 85 and it didn't cost me much. It was 4.5gp/exp. Now using the same method it is 12 gp/exp.

purple is above easter again...yellow and green is worth 3 eggs. yellow is above disk now. pumpkin is still going strong which is barely above red.

easters are still 200m street. disk is slightly dropping to like 350m street.

conclusion: phats are impossible now...lol.

Ironically I was just talking about this on IRC with a few friends. The shop update really ruined those prices so no don't invest in them. :P

Damn, they just went up, unbuyable at max... :unsure:

You guys are talking about smithing/crafting being so expensive, but all skills have become more expensive by the same amount. If you wanted to raise crafting and your main method of making money was mining iron, for example, and the price of crafting doubled now, it is irrelevant because the price of mining iron doubled also so even though crafting costs way more, it doesn't really "cost" more of your time or anything, since you are making more money.

There are few things that haven't gone up...most methods of making money have doubled due to the idiotic inflation from BH

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Kind of off the topic of rares, but can anyone give me what they think are happening to dragon claws? I bought two pairs for a quick investment, and they've gone down since, and still have them. <_<

S2buxtG.png

Kind of off the topic of rares, but can anyone give me what they think are happening to dragon claws? I bought two pairs for a quick investment, and they've gone down since, and still have them. <_<

Interesting query. I have my own theory.

I'd say 2 main reasons they're starting to slope:

1. More and more people are hunting them due to:

a. More and more people doing WGS.

b. Hunting straight for Dclaws is (was, or now, similar) more profitable than GWD.

2. Most items, are, in fact, starting to reach an equilibrium with inflation. Some are starting to get hit before others.

Gear will, in fact, reach a point and start falling or stabilize. 76king aside or not, pked drops are static in values. Because of rising gear, gear is dynamic in value. For example, let's look at this logically: If arma hilt reached 1 bil (which it won't), the amount of people that will hunt for it will greatly increase, and the people who 76ked or pk for money will come to a halt.

Granted, regular pking still actually adds gp to the game, but I believe that gp will pump up rare prices ultimately, not gear.

A lot of high-end raws have dropped 5-10 percent within the past week. Raws are going to fall before GWD because of the sheer amount of people gathering raws compared to MHers. Also, claws are getting hit before GWD items because of 1.

I could be wrong, but this is how I see it, and either a statue nerf or a money sink needs to enter the game so rares don't get ridiculous.

Sorry for venturing off the subject :ugeek:

untitled8copyiu7.gif

purple is above easter again...yellow and green is worth 3 eggs. yellow is above disk now. pumpkin is still going strong which is barely above red.

easters are still 200m street. disk is slightly dropping to like 350m street.

conclusion: phats are impossible now...lol.

Good thing I traded Santas for an Easter and then the Easter + 5 Santas for a Green when I did.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

The above poster is partially correct about the whole claw ordeal. I myself know of 10 sets of claws between three people in the past month and even though the demand for claws it high, it is not enough sustain that high of a price. They simply started to drop in value and someone spread another rumor of a 'nerf' once this happened and caused somewhat of a panic. The 'nerf' was not true and claws rebounded out of a solid crash, but they are still crashing; just not at the point of unsellable.

@abyssal: Pumpkin is less than red right now. Elysian is below white by one and a half eggs atm.

Cracker has no market so the price ranges from a wine to a partyhat set. The Divine is under a blue, but above a white by about a disk. Seems like the market is being dominated by a strong group of merchants and with all the GP available to everyone right now it's hard to drop public demand for partyhats.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Interesting query. I have my own theory.

I'd say 2 main reasons they're starting to slope:

1. More and more people are hunting them due to:

a. More and more people doing WGS.

b. Hunting straight for Dclaws is (was, or now, similar) more profitable than GWD.

2. Most items, are, in fact, starting to reach an equilibrium with inflation. Some are starting to get hit before others.

Gear will, in fact, reach a point and start falling or stabilize. 76king aside or not, pked drops are static in values. Because of rising gear, gear is dynamic in value. For example, let's look at this logically: If arma hilt reached 1 bil (which it won't), the amount of people that will hunt for it will greatly increase, and the people who 76ked or pk for money will come to a halt.

Granted, regular pking still actually adds gp to the game, but I believe that gp will pump up rare prices ultimately, not gear.

A lot of high-end raws have dropped 5-10 percent within the past week. Raws are going to fall before GWD because of the sheer amount of people gathering raws compared to MHers. Also, claws are getting hit before GWD items because of 1.

I could be wrong, but this is how I see it, and either a statue nerf or a money sink needs to enter the game so rares don't get ridiculous.

Sorry for venturing off the subject :ugeek:

punitivedsig.png

Sorry for the double post -- I messed up somehow. I meant to say that the quoted poster provides a pretty good analysis. Here's one factor to consider. I'm not sure that high end drops ever will reach an equilibrium if the present inflation is driven by 76k, as most suggest. You are right that as the price of the high end drops rises, this will lure some 76kers away from the trick, thus slowing inflation and increasing the supply of the drops and stabilizing their prices. But not every 76ker can do GWD or tormented demons. That's why the trick has been such an extreme driver of inflation -- every newb can (and will and does) do it. These newbs cannot be lured to GWD because they can't do GWD. So we may be in a permanent inflationary cycle here where the newbs just keep driving prices up.

punitivedsig.png

When the amount of gold generated daily is equal to the current value of all items generated daily, inflation will cease. PvP inflation WILL stop when other methods are equivalent.

OR, a money sink comes into the game (that does not create items) that offsets the imbalance in the generated gold to generated items ratio.

Things that drain GP from game, outside of construction, include achievement capes, RFD items, all shops, and MTK. We need more of things like this. Perhaps a shop that sells belts, or something similar would be a step to take.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

What rare, GE price being a Santa or under, should I get with a Mint Cake? I've fallen in love with the Gnome Delivery mini-game, they're like high-frequency Clue Scrolls. It's only a matter of time once I get one (I just got a Scarf). Are there any rares I can get that "require" someone gullible to sell to me if I have a Mint-cake? I was thinking one of the Halloween masks, or probably a Santa hat. I'd rather get a Santa than a Halloween mask, can I get them straight off the GE? I've never owned a rare before, help please.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

What rare, GE price being a Santa or under, should I get with a Mint Cake? I've fallen in love with the Gnome Delivery mini-game, they're like high-frequency Clue Scrolls. It's only a matter of time once I get one (I just got a Scarf). Are there any rares I can get that "require" someone gullible to sell to me if I have a Mint-cake? I was thinking one of the Halloween masks, or probably a Santa hat. I'd rather get a Santa than a Halloween mask, can I get them straight off the GE? I've never owned a rare before, help please.

Yes, those are quite easy to get off the GE. Not worth 'wasting' a mint cake on. I use wasting as a loose term because mints are really useless, but if there are idiots out there who will pay a mill or 2 for it, then why not? Your best bet would be to sell it off with junk from your bank. If you don't have junk, just train your fletching with maples to get maple long(u).

Also, if you are buying a santa hat off the GE, make sure to watch the graphs. Waiting a few days could save you a mill or 2.

EDIT: According to the RSOF mints are like 3M....

So my dragon claws are crashing, i thought the only reason for this would be more kids playing in christmas break and therefore getting more claws. However it's not christmas break yet...

So what's the expert's verdict?

Thanks

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!