3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Ok so 70 million Dragon Bones have been hoarded. But keep in mind how powerful Turmoil and Soul Split are for combat and especially PVP.

I'm gonna start pulling slightly random numbers out of a hat here...

There are roughly 1,950,000 players with under 80 Prayer.

Let's say that 1/3 of these players are members.

That's about 650,000 players with under 80 Prayer.

Let's say that 2/3 of these players are still active.

That's about 430,000 players.

Let's say that 1/2 of them want to raise Prayer to 95.

That's about 215,000 players who want Turmoil.

80-95 Prayer requires roughly 27,000 Dragon Bones. (Keep in mind that the players have UNDER 80 Prayer)

215,000 x 27,000 = 5,805,000,000 Dragon Bones.

5,805,000,000 - 70,000,000 Dragon Bones saved up by merchanters = 5,735,000,000 Dragon Bones that people need still.

Hmm, so I pulled out relatively randoms numbers out of a hat, okay. Well they can only be so wrong, because these Prayers are unbelievably powerful and you need them to be any competition in anything relating to combat. Which is pretty much most of the game.

Okay, let's divide 215,000 by 10 and say that's how many people want 95 Prayer.

That's 21,500 people who want 95 Prayer. That's an extremely low and unlikely number btw...

21,500 x 27,000 Dragon Bones for 80-95 Prayer = 580,000,000 Dragon Bones.

580,000,000 - 70,000,000 Dragon Bones held by merchanters = 510,000,000 Dragon Bones still needed.

So basically, even compensating in other bones that people will have bought, this "crash" is not going to last. These Prayers are powerful and people will want them.

Just my 2 cents...

This is true in a perfect scenario, but also remember not many players have the free cash to make such an investment to buy the bones they need for their levels right now.

I'm one of those members on your tally working towards 95 prayer, but right now Ive exhausted all my cash i'm willing to spend on bones. Eventually ill need a few thousand bones, HOWEVER since I cannot afford them at the moment my demand does not exist on the market.

There may be only 500/9000 Bones I need, yet I can only afford 50/9000, so that puts a surplus of 450 bones on the market because I cant afford the rest yet. There is only future demand for the bones, which has no impact on the current price. If there are more bones on the market than players can afford the crash will continue.

The only reason the crash will stop is players will get enough cash to buy up the bones over the next few days, or merchants pick the bones back to for investment. Either of these could happen on the next update, or a week from now. Like said above the demand is not a "real demand" since players cannot all afford the full demand, so its impossible to tell where the real demand and supply balance really is.

dawnsigblue-3.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for an average Joe like me, does this mean I'll be able to afford to level prayer any time soon? From what I gather, the bones crashed, though the GE doesn't reflect that (it never does, I suppose).

Alot of people choose to dump right after a GE update. That way, when unsuspecting noobs look at the GE graphs they see that D Bones are up 160 GP so they go and try to buy a bunch to hop on the bandwagon. That helps the dumpers sell more.

And as for your first question: Don't expect D bones to fall too far this dump. Most people think 1-2 falls then the demand from the update will push them back up. Then after a few days of rising I suspect there will be another major dump because there is no way all of the D bones that hoarders had locked up in their banks are all dumped. I'm thinking there will be a few fluctuations before D bones settle down.

To sum it up -> if you are planning to buy D bones any time soon I suggest that you buy them in 1-2 days because they will be doing alot of up-down in the future as hoarders slowly offload their stock.

This is just me making a judgment call based on other people's posts. I take no responsability if this information is wrong. OK, I take some, but there is nothing you can really do about it.

I agree with otm. I bought up all my bones I need because I can see bones riding a roller coaster due to how good these new prayers are. And some of the higher level players haven't even tried them out yet. Once everyone figures out how good these new curses are for boss hunting and every day slaying they will increase demand even further.

Low_C.png

:rolleyes: Oh so this is why some people in the clan chat I use were talking about dbones.

About demand: I am pretty sure people have a finite amount of gp and if they feel the urge to level prayer by buying bones will do it the way I do - figure out how much they want to spend (say, 20m gp) then buy as many bones as they can with that amount.

It's not like your average high level player can just say "I want 99 prayer!" then buy as many bones as they need.

P.S. I am just about ready to sell an easter egg, is there any way of doing it without junk?

Anyone know how halloween masks are doing right now and if they will crash anytime soon

I've been flipping halloween masks since I dumped my santas. They're quite stable. Always buyable and always sellable. A little hard to buy at mid, but if you keep an offer in for all three at mid, you'll probably get one within a day. Can't sell for max, but easily sellable above mid. So they're slowly but surely moving up in price.

punitivedsig.png

P.S. I am just about ready to sell an easter egg, is there any way of doing it without junk?

Not really. The only way to really get in or out of those bought out rares other then using junk or getting other rares. So the only choices you have are pretty much, sell it for GP, get junk and sell it for GP, or trade it up with GP for a purple.

I would be more then willing to purchase the egg if you choose the first option :rolleyes:

Hmm..I am not sure about the partyhat market right now, but you might be able to use the egg to upgrade a purple to green. Doubt it though.

EDIT-> Looking at your picture that you posted when you returned, You shouldn't have too much problem upgrading, but I know you want the GP so I really don't know.

Anyone know how halloween masks are doing right now and if they will crash anytime soon

I've been flipping halloween masks since I dumped my santas. They're quite stable. Always buyable and always sellable. A little hard to buy at mid, but if you keep an offer in for all three at mid, you'll probably get one within a day. Can't sell for max, but easily sellable above mid. So they're slowly but surely moving up in price.

I can confirm this 100% i also have been flipping them, buying 100k above mid and selling for 700-1m above mid. Plus i am also holding about 12 red masks so i get 5-10m every second or third day with the slow rises, not bad for f2p and 10 mins a day tops.

Arzian.png

I can confirm this 100% i also have been flipping them, buying 100k above mid and selling for 700-1m above mid. Plus i am also holding about 12 red masks so i get 5-10m every second or third day with the slow rises, not bad for f2p and 10 mins a day tops.

One small edit to what I posted before. I just sold a red for max, so I guess they sometimes can be sold for max.

I also have been holding several hundred mil worth of reds as I have thought them the best long-term investment and least risky of the three.

punitivedsig.png

Looks as if dragon bones are unbuyable at max. And me short 4k bones for 95 >.>

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Not really. The only way to really get in or out of those bought out rares other then using junk or getting other rares. So the only choices you have are pretty much, sell it for GP, get junk and sell it for GP, or trade it up with GP for a purple.

I would be more then willing to purchase the egg if you choose the first option :rolleyes:

Hmm..I am not sure about the partyhat market right now, but you might be able to use the egg to upgrade a purple to green. Doubt it though.

EDIT-> Looking at your picture that you posted when you returned, You shouldn't have too much problem upgrading, but I know you want the GP so I really don't know.

I know, it really is a problem lol. It's not like I have 100m in junk lying around.

Perhaps dragon bones warrant their own thread? This thread has strayed away from its original point.

So, this topic is now used to discuss the situation of any of these items in general. Questions about other items will most probably be answered too.

Thanks for trying to police the thread though.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Are you sure you aren't on a GE limit? I just bought 1 min.

Or a bad attempt at manipulation.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

One small edit to what I posted before. I just sold a red for max, so I guess they sometimes can be sold for max.

I also have been holding several hundred mil worth of reds as I have thought them the best long-term investment and least risky of the three.

Thanks all, I sold my blue for 500k above med

Money_Wasted.png

Thanks all, I sold my blue for 500k above med

Don't sell red right now for anything other than max. For some reason, red masks got very hot today. I sold two, and I'm sorry that I did that.

punitivedsig.png

Has anyone noticed the surprising rise of tomato prices? It would seem strange if this price rise were due to someone suddenly finding a new use for these. Or perhaps merchanters are driving the price? Perhaps this is someone's attempt to create a new form of junk?

Neither. Tomatoes are used in making pizzas, which have gone up since the shops update.

lalalasig2.png

3rd age robe top is very hard to get lately. I was used to flipping it by buying above mid, and selling quite a bit under max, but my last 2 tops sold instantly for max, and I can't seem to get em back, even for 500k under max.

3rd age range tops and bottoms are also both near max (especially top).

3rd age robe top is very hard to get lately. I was used to flipping it by buying above mid, and selling quite a bit under max, but my last 2 tops sold instantly for max, and I can't seem to get em back, even for 500k under max.

3rd age range tops and bottoms are also both near max (especially top).

Ya I was disappointed when 3rd age mage tops became hard to flip.

Everything has been pretty stable lately. Totally unexciting :P

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I'm getting money for an Elysian Spirit Shield (360M combined cash & items now), but the ESS doesn't seem to move even a tiny bit. Can anyone tell me how the streetmarket is evolving and what the expectations are for the future?

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg