3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So dumb. I thought people were supposed to be rich and therefore have no need of selling expensive items. Looks like that theory is wrong. As soon as the experience weekend is over, every single person will dump their raw materials (people will before then, but by this time, everyone will) and a few days later, everyone will be buying rares and expensive items again. The cash doesn't vanish from the game, it just goes to someone else, which is usually a merchant anyway. Rares will be bought out soon enough, and I plan to take advantage of it as well. Just wish I sold 3 of my masks a day earlier lol. <_<

How many more weeks before royal items totally collapse and become buyable over the GE?

EDIT: WTF? Are mintcakes back? I see some people using them as bargaining chips again, but I'm not sure if it's some sort of manipulation. :unsure:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

This smells like a buying opportunity to me. Ima wait for prices to move a little more, sell all my raw materials and buy high end items, then wait for high end items to go back up, sell them back at a profit and buy materials back when prices settle down. I'll just extra xp skills that don't require raw materials.

Exactly what I plan to do, this is going to pay for the summoning cost for March 12th.

You are already too late. Bandos, armadyl, godswords, claws, they are all going up again. The raw materials are still rising though. Also, dbones had their well deserved crash.

Santas are going to rise back right?

And, if they will, will they rise before or only after the weekend?

Don't expect them to go much higher than 38-40m, that's what they started at before the buyout.

And it won't be until after the weekend, or possibly during, depending on how quickly people use up their hours of xp increase,

clansig7.gif

How low are dragon claws supposed to go over time? I want a pair, but I don't want to sell my Staff of Light. I just noticed that claws are like 27 mil now. O.O

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I don't get why players with a "mask bank" or "santa bank" get so worked up over these crashes sometimes. Whether the price is 40M, or 60M - they can only afford the same thing, a mask or santa.

Though I can see why players get upset (missed opportunity to sell at 65M and re-buy for much, much cheaper, gaining a huge amount of purchasing power)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

I don't get why players with a "mask bank" or "santa bank" get so worked up over these crashes sometimes. Whether the price is 40M, or 60M - they can only afford the same thing, a mask or santa.

Though I can see why players get upset (missed opportunity to sell at 65M and re-buy for much, much cheaper, gaining a huge amount of purchasing power)

That is exactly why I am sad. I could of sold 3 santas for 200M, wait for them to drop and buy 4-5 santa.

That is exactly why I am sad. I could of sold 3 santas for 200M, wait for them to drop and buy 4-5 santa.

Here's what you don't want to do: Sell for min as soon as they start selling again in GE. I always think of santas and masks in relation to each other. All are crashing right now because they had gone ridiculously high. But my opinion is that the santa will come back sooner and stronger than the blue and green masks. Those babies have a long way to fall yet. Every newb who could scrape his 76K-won cash together bought one on the way up, and I expect them to dump like crazy.

punitivedsig.png

is blue hween + cash for 3a shield a trade i should do?

small rares are crashing and 3a seems to be still slowly rising

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

is blue hween + cash for 3a shield a trade i should do?

small rares are crashing and 3a seems to be still slowly rising

Tmk, 3a is crashing, too. Fwiw, here's my approach to 3a: I only buy the stuff that I wouldn't mind being stuck with. That means I only buy one or two at a time. It also means that I don't buy a 3a shield since there always are other things I'd rather do with my shield slot.

punitivedsig.png

yeah looking on rsof i saw 3a is crashing too :P

should i sell mask for cash and use to merch or rebuy after its dropped a bit?

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Here's what you don't want to do: Sell for min as soon as they start selling again in GE. I always think of santas and masks in relation to each other. All are crashing right now because they had gone ridiculously high. But my opinion is that the santa will come back sooner and stronger than the blue and green masks. Those babies have a long way to fall yet. Every newb who could scrape his 76K-won cash together bought one on the way up, and I expect them to dump like crazy.

Thanks for the advice, I will hold on to them to about July or sell them before that, if the prices are good (hopefuly, they will rise before that).

Also can santas/masks be flipped like other items if you have the cash and they are stable?

Thanks for the advice, I will hold on to them to about July or sell them before that, if the prices are good (hopefuly, they will rise before that).

Also can santas/masks be flipped like other items if you have the cash and they are stable?

Here's what I"m doing, again, FWIW. I have one santa in GE at min. (I don't have any masks atm, but I'd do the same thing with them if I had any.) I'll keep moving my santa down as the ge price crashes. When it sells, I'll wait for GE to update and then try to buy back at min. If it buys instantly, I'll put it back in at min. If it takes a while to buy at min, or if it doesn't buy at all for min, then I'll put one in to sell at max/mid. Eventually, I'll start selling at max and buying at something less than that. So, to answer your question, yes, you can flip santas and masks (when they're stable) just like anything else. (Of course, the big constraint is that you can buy only 2 at a time.) I'm not much of a merchant, but I probably make most of my money flipping these small rares, when they're stable.

punitivedsig.png

yeah looking on rsof i saw 3a is crashing too :P

should i sell mask for cash and use to merch or rebuy after its dropped a bit?

I'd sell it if you can for cash...Until this bonus exp weekend is over, I don't see the smaller rares recovering (yet). Masks/Santas went up at such a crazy rate, it was bound to happen. Sell the mask for cash if you can, merchant other stuff, then buy back once it starts to level off in price again.

Just my opinion ^_^

siggy4jh.png

sig by Misterxman

Un-Retired from RS X-mas 2009, 93/99 Fishing, 105 combat.

I would expect masks to rebound before bonus weekend. Santas on the other hand I'm not too sure about. But the thing if you wait until the time that everyone is else waiting for (after bonus weekend) - you'll be too late as far as getting the possible deals go.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Why are Wergali Unfs such a hot item? People are selling them for 40-60k ea and selling Hooks for like 1.5k-1.7k of them. On that note, I just bought 1k Wergali Seeds min in GE and I intend to grow then all and get me some high street items :D.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Why are Wergali Unfs such a hot item? People are selling them for 40-60k ea and selling Hooks for like 1.5k-1.7k of them. On that note, I just bought 1k Wergali Seeds min in GE and I intend to grow then all and get me some high street items :D.

Very fast herb xp with very little loss = high street price now. I'm sure the fact that they're only 430 gp each so trading them for 40k is almost just giving away pure junk for cash is a little bit of a factor in it too lol.

Btw I did what you plan on doing, I have 3k of them banked atm from farming :P

But I plan on using them now tbh