3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

3k of them could practically get you 2 Hooks :-o. I personally have 98 Herb, and have enough Torstol to break 99 at bonus exp weekend. Although if Herb exp is worth more to you, go for it.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any concern about 3a plate + legs crashing? I have been holding on to mine for over 6 months and I was wondering if it is getting near time to sell them. If I sold soon I could get some good risings out of them most likely, but if they aren't at risk I may still hold on to them.

60-70m street.

Oh my. Certainly worth the time. Thank you

You have to have junk to actually benefit from it unless you plan to buy something else with it...so...

I've got a mask set + santa + cash that = about 325M. They're dropping, but hopefully once they stabilize I can get enough cash + a couple hooks to be able to get a purple.

yes.png

Double post, woop woop. Is the general consensus that trading green/blue mask + cash for red = a good thing? I've already got a set and just thought about this, thought I'd get a pro's opinion first though :razz: On one hand it's putting all my eggs in one basket, on the other it'll get me closer to purple hopefully

yes.png

Double post, woop woop. Is the general consensus that trading green/blue mask + cash for red = a good thing? I've already got a set and just thought about this, thought I'd get a pro's opinion first though :razz: On one hand it's putting all my eggs in one basket, on the other it'll get me closer to purple hopefully

I'm no pro, but, right now, I'd trade green and blue for red, if I could.

punitivedsig.png

All I needed to hear, thanks :grin:

edit: looks like it probably won't happen. Upgrading green to blue sound good?

edit 2: nvm, seems red isn't crashing as much as the others or something. not easy to get. Lol got it for blue + 21M after all

yes.png

edit 2: nvm, seems red isn't crashing as much as the others or something. not easy to get. Lol got it for blue + 21M after all

The frequency of price updates is based on the number traded in GE, right? So the now daily updates for green masks mean that everyone paniced and dumped them =D> I did not think that there would be so much of a difference between red and green owners, though...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

The frequency of price updates is based on the number traded in GE, right? So the now daily updates for green masks mean that everyone paniced and dumped them =D> I did not think that there would be so much of a difference between red and green owners, though...

same with partyhats. the reason why purp/green/yellow/red updates faster is because there's simply more of them.

same with partyhats. the reason why purp/green/yellow/red updates faster is because there's simply more of them.

You really think so? Why would there be more green, yellow or red phats than blue or white? I can't think of any logical reason (leaving out purp for obvious reasons). I've actually been wondering before why blue is the most expensive. I don't think it's the nicest color out of them and I can't see why it is the rarest. I would just think that the "higher" phats get traded less, causing them to update less.

My own personal theory is all phats were dropped equally. However, people found purple and blue the ugliest, so they were dropped a little more often than the other. Green and yellow were found the most beautiful, so those were kept more a little often. However, in time, purple and blue began to rise because they were rarer.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

My own personal theory is all phats were dropped equally. However, people found purple and blue the ugliest, so they were dropped a little more often than the other. Green and yellow were found the most beautiful, so those were kept more a little often. However, in time, purple and blue began to rise because they were rarer.

-Pink- (not purple) was the most popular hat I thought, which is why it was the hat chosen to be duped?

clansig7.gif

-Pink- (not purple) was the most popular hat I thought, which is why it was the hat chosen to be duped?

Exactly. Prices were originally the opposite. Blue being the elast valueable, purple being the most.

Oh, how times have changed....

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

There are more purples right now because around the Dupe, if I remember correctly, Pink Partyhats were 13m each which was the most expensive and most sought after hat.

Stellactic.gif

Exactly. Prices were originally the opposite. Blue being the elast valueable, purple being the most.

Red was the cheapest.

Red was the cheapest.

the order of partyhats before dupe was:

red<yellow<white<green<blue<pink (purple)

this order may reflect how rare they are today. purple was junped all the way back to cheapest because they were popular duped items. from what we know, blue green and white

may be more rare than yellow and red.

I've always though as well... but my opinion is based off personal experience of examining the market in the few months after the dupe occurred. Whites seems far less common in the market than blues. Even greens seemed less common. But the post-dupe prices weren't based off rarity at all. Pink was just thrown to the bottom, with the rest of the order unchanged. From there blue became number one. Then over the next few years colors shifted based off demand and necessarily rarity.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

As far back as I can remember(I started RS around August 05) the order of Phats was Blue>White>Red>Green>Yellow>Purple. It remained that way until recently when Yellows and Greens switched places. I seem to remember reading a post from Abyssal_Whip saying that he thinks Red is rarest because he sees so many people with Whites and Blues, but hardly any Reds. I guess I'm kind of hoping White is rarest since I own a Green, Red, and White.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

As far back as I can remember(I started RS around August 05) the order of Phats was Blue>White>Red>Green>Yellow>Purple. It remained that way until recently when Yellows and Greens switched places. I seem to remember reading a post from Abyssal_Whip saying that he thinks Red is rarest because he sees so many people with Whites and Blues, but hardly any Reds. I guess I'm kind of hoping White is rarest since I own a Green, Red, and White.

Uhh i contradicted myself a bit, but i do seem to see more reds and yellows that are open to the market.

What i noticed is that more phat buyers are looking for green because there aren't that much compared

to yellow and purple. This is why yellow caught up and eventually passed green on market because

it took advantage of the GE mechanic. As for street price, yellow is significantly higher because more

players demand yellow than green. (note that demand for yellow, and quantity for green are different)

So from what i've said, demand seems to play a larger role than rarity. This can explain that the more

common blue phat is higher than the more rare white phat.

Uhh i contradicted myself a bit, but i do seem to see more reds and yellows that are open to the market.

What i noticed is that more phat buyers are looking for green because there aren't that much compared

to yellow and purple. This is why yellow caught up and eventually passed green on market because

it took advantage of the GE mechanic. As for street price, yellow is significantly higher because more

players demand yellow than green. (note that demand for yellow, and quantity for green are different)

So from what i've said, demand seems to play a larger role than rarity. This can explain that the more

Contradiction much?

Contradiction much?

you clearly didn't read the parentheses after the last bolded sentence.

(note that demand for yellow, and quantity for green are different)