3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

I had this real weird dream last night where I had a stick and I was fighting lots of ninjas in red, and one of them dropped a red phat. I went to the GE and checked the price of it, and it was 100k... I dyed my phat blue, and for some odd reason, it worked!Blue Phat was 625k! By the way, all this was in real life, not in a game. So somehow I was my charater... Runescape looks good in realistic 3D I must say.

You reckon i've been corrupted by Runescape?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this real weird dream last night where I had a stick and I was fighting lots of ninjas in red, and one of them dropped a red phat. I went to the GE and checked the price of it, and it was 100k... I dyed my phat blue, and for some odd reason, it worked!Blue Phat was 625k! By the way, all this was in real life, not in a game. So somehow I was my charater... Runescape looks good in realistic 3D I must say.

No, it happens.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

No, it happens.

I had a dream way back in RSC that I pked a r2h when they were 300k. Which maybe now would be 3 mil? Very huge thing for me.

Then a week later my dream came true on my pure, haha.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

No, it happens.

I had a dream way back in RSC that I pked a r2h when they were 300k. Which maybe now would be 3 mil? Very huge thing for me.

Then a week later my dream came true on my pure, haha.

AHA! It's a sign! I'm going to get a red phat which then turns into a blue phat! I love this sign...

I know no one will even acknowledge this post, but I think that royal items will possibly crash soon. The kingly implings are now able to be purchased over the Grand Exchange (although it takes a few hours between each impling).

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I know no one will even acknowledge this post, but I think that royal items will possibly crash soon. The kingly implings are now able to be purchased over the Grand Exchange (although it takes a few hours between each impling).

I think you're right, I've been lurking the Misc forums for a few days now and gradually there have been more people selling royal for pure cash. Although, I do think it's gonna be another week atleast.

Offering assists for all Smithing/Crafting effigies, PM 'Luked365' in game, or PM me here if i'm not online

Inb4 green uses Party Pete at bloodveld in slayer tower

Where in the world is Tip.it?

I have alot of agility arena tix.... How many hooks would I need to upgrade my green partyhat to blue

It'd take you about 12 easters' worth, so at least 60 hooks.

an easter is roughly 10-12 hooks so your estimate is way off.

blue phats are equal to 4 pumpkins. considering pumpkins are 3.5 eggs each, blue phats would equal to 14 easters.

So, minus the green phat you have would mean you need exactly 12.5 easters or 125-150 hooks.

125 hooks at 800 tickets a hook would be 100k tickets at 50 tickets an hour so 2000 hours.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

100k tickets could be spent on 32m agility xp.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

How did rares become so messed up? :|

inflation.

that is all.

+ the idiotic maximum 1% rise on partyhats every couple GE updates means that inflation occurs more rapidly than the GE can account for.

lalalasig2.png

125 hooks at 800 tickets a hook would be 100k tickets at 50 tickets an hour so 2000 hours.

In other words, it ain't worth the time. You might as well forget about the blue hat unless you either find a really nice person or get it off of the GE.

I wouldn't mess with it, though. Hell, don't even log onto world 2. The green looks a hell of a lot better anyway.

SWAG

In other words, it ain't worth the time. You might as well forget about the blue hat unless you either find a really nice person or get it off of the GE.

I wouldn't mess with it, though. Hell, don't even log onto world 2. The green looks a hell of a lot better anyway.

also, I don't think its quite feasible to get a hold of that many easters or edibles to buy a blue phat. they are only like this b/c they are being hoarded more and are

not that available to the public compared to other colors. this video (skim all the way through the end) shows 1 person currently holding 55 blue hats and there are others who are like this as well.

if you ask my opinion, I would say blue phat looks a lot better but the rarity is questionable.

I have a cut onyx gem in my bank and it says on the GE it's worth 9.6M.

You guys are talking about 70M :blink:

Forgive my noobiness, but how does that work? i stroll along to W2 or something and shout 'selling Onyx gem!' What am i likely to see in exchange for it?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Blue masks are on their 4th day of not being updated on the ge, Red's were just updated on their 5th day. Blues used to update every other day and I think Red's used to update a little more frequently as well. Does this mean they are becoming more difficult to buy over the ge? Or are people just not putting in as many offers as they used to?

clansig7.gif

Blue masks are on their 4th day of not being updated on the ge, Red's were just updated on their 5th day. Blues used to update every other day and I think Red's used to update a little more frequently as well. Does this mean they are becoming more difficult to buy over the ge? Or are people just not putting in as many offers as they used to?

They are bought out, so yeah that would make them traded less on GE.

I have a cut onyx gem in my bank and it says on the GE it's worth 9.6M.

You guys are talking about 70M :blink:

Forgive my noobiness, but how does that work? i stroll along to W2 or something and shout 'selling Onyx gem!' What am i likely to see in exchange for it?

Street value. Basically, you can either sell it with junk in order to balance a 70M transaction, or you could sell it for another commodity that has a high street value. You could possibly get two crowns (if you're lucky) or two hooks for it. Then again, crowns are going to crash before too long, and hooks have been decreasing in value for the last few weeks (they used to be 80M...now they're 35M).

Just save it and maybe use it to buy something if a super-mega-awesome item comes out, so you can be the first to own it because people will accept your onyx as a form of currency.

We also have different currencies now. For some really hard-to-get items, few people accept GP. Instead, they accept a currency that has a higher value, which, in your case, would be the Onyx Gem. It used to be the Mintcake.

It's like buying something with a British Pound Sterling, a US Dollar, or a Mexican Peso. Which would you prefer? The British Pound has the highest value of all of them (worth two US Dollars). The US Dollar is pretty strong and would usually be acceptable, but inflation devalued it. However, the Mexican Peso will very rarely be accepted because it is EXTREMELY devalued. For example, the Onyx Gem would be the British Pound Sterling. The Pirate's Hook would be the US Dollar, and the Gold Piece (GP) would be the Mexican Peso.

SWAG

They are bought out, so yeah that would make them traded less on GE.

Well when they were "bought out" a week or so ago they were still being updated every other day, so that doesn't really answer it

clansig7.gif

Originally posted this in help and advice but was told that I might bet better results on this thread. :)

I am a bit new to the street prices of these types of items so could someone please explain a couple things:

How many Wergali unf could I get for an uncut onyx?

How many Wergali unf could I get for a hook?

Would it be worthwhile to train herblore with wergali unf potions?

Are the street prices of these items stable?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Originally posted this in help and advice but was told that I might bet better results on this thread. :)

I am a bit new to the street prices of these types of items so could someone please explain a couple things:

I wouldn't say so. Hooks have been decreasing in value recently, as have wergali(unf) and pawya meat. As far as I know, onyxes haven't declined yet.

Not long ago, it would cost 30k to buy a single wergali(unf) pot. Now, it costs about 10k. The hooks are only worth half of what they used to be worth not long ago...

SWAG

I wouldn't say so. Hooks have been decreasing in value recently, as have wergali(unf) and pawya meat. As far as I know, onyxes haven't declined yet.

Not long ago, it would cost 30k to buy a single wergali(unf) pot. Now, it costs about 10k. The hooks are only worth half of what they used to be worth not long ago...

So it would not be worth it to trade an onyx for Wergali unf to train herblore with?

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.