3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Id rather sell Divine for max in ge for 3M profit than to get no profit in junk... clearly this makes no sense to junk users though.(Unless junk is rising which I've found to be rare) At least it makes sense to some people, otherwise Partyhats would never rise in price.

well, since divines are rising, it would be smart if you hold on to them because the price goes up and you'll end up making more than selling for max immediately

and not participate in the price increase.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what is street price of an onyx/onyx ring. I see people trading for werg. pots (unf), and hooks, but not a lot for pure cash. I don't intend to sell with junk, but an idea of street value for bartering is nice. I've heard from 40-100m.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Thanks for all the replies, I've learned quite a bit but I think I rather start corping than to spend 350m on eggs for trade. But what I don't get is how people are using wergali (unfs)

So, what is street price of an onyx/onyx ring. I see people trading for werg. pots (unf), and hooks, but not a lot for pure cash. I don't intend to sell with junk, but an idea of street value for bartering is nice. I've heard from 40-100m.

I've been under the impression that it is about 100M or so. I believe it worth about 1.5 hooks at the moment.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

My question is now how 2 onyx/onyx rings should be used to get me up to edibles or a party hat, long term.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Thanks for all the replies, I've learned quite a bit but I think I rather start corping than to spend 350m on eggs for trade. But what I don't get is how people are using wergali (unfs)

Very cheap and also very fast xp in herblore = very high street price. You lose like 6k if you make 1 wergali unf from a clean wergali herb too so I think that might play some factor in it. You could always just farm them and stock up on them if you ever need to get rid of junk or buy an item that's bought out. I've farmed just under 4k of them atm and haven't lost and money(ge price) at all, in fact I've made money(ge price).

I've been under the impression that it is about 100M or so. I believe it worth about 1.5 hooks at the moment.

I've heard that you can loot onyx from kingly imps so that might be why they dropped, don't take my word for it.

@robert - yeah I know about losing like 6-8k from making it into unfs but what I don't understand is that people seem to be selling them for crazy high yet you can buy the herb for min GE.

I've heard that you can loot onyx from kingly imps so that might be why they dropped, don't take my word for it.

@robert - yeah I know about losing like 6-8k from making it into unfs but what I don't understand is that people seem to be selling them for crazy high yet you can buy the herb for min GE.

Same principle where you can buy AGS for 1M below GE, but sell it with 10M junk street. With the first method, you're losing 1M hard cash, the other way, you're still doing good in terms of GE price. Anyone can just get rid of their junk overtime, which is much better than actually losing 1M.

In terms of Wergali, people would rather sell their rares or expensive items (relative to street price) for unf pots without actually losing money by making them themselves.

guido_49.png

Runewiki says you can get uncut onyx from kingly impling, so you must be right :)

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

Runewiki says you can get uncut onyx from kingly impling, so you must be right :)

I hope you were being sarcastic. Runewiki has been wrong so often in the past, especially on updates.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I hope you were being sarcastic. Runewiki has been wrong so often in the past, especially on updates.

He's obviously being sarcastic, lol.

guido_49.png

Has the purpose of the lower rares changed? From my limited experience it seemed that masks and santas used to be just expensive costumes or long term investments. However today these rares seem to be primarily used to offload merching junk. To me it looks like santas/masks are losing their intrinsic value (cosmetic appeal) and are gaining merchant value (purchasing power).

Why does this matter? Well, these rares used to be quite affordable and often a goal for lower level players. With "normal" demand, these items remained relatively stable and fairly well circulated. However recently, and especially after the mint cake nerf, these rares have been used to get rid of crashing junk. After a price manipulation, big time merchants buy out all santas/masks and bundle them with the merchanted items. In the process, these rares skyrocket in price.

This means that rares should increase (cyclically) in price until they are unaffordable by the general public, thus transforming them into a form of "currency" that only the weathly mechants use. In a way, we are losing these rares to merchanting faster than we are losing them by quiters and death losses. It saddens me to see this part of Runescape history disappear . . .

Below is a picture describing what I believe to be a turning point in the availability and function of the santa hat (I only have the most recent merch highlighted since I feel it is enough to support my argument and I don't remember the older ones).

[hide]santarise.png[/hide]

If I have completely missed the point, feel free to reply (I've only been playing RS for around 2.5 years).

Has the purpose of the lower rares changed? From my limited experience it seemed that masks and santas used to be just expensive costumes or long term investments. However today these rares seem to be primarily used to offload merching junk. To me it looks like santas/masks are losing their intrinsic value (cosmetic appeal) and are gaining merchant value (purchasing power).

Why does this matter? Well, these rares used to be quite affordable and often a goal for lower level players. With "normal" demand, these items remained relatively stable and fairly well circulated. However recently, and especially after the mint cake nerf, these rares have been used to get rid of crashing junk. After a price manipulation, big time merchants buy out all santas/masks and bundle them with the merchanted items. In the process, these rares skyrocket in price.

This means that rares should increase (cyclically) in price until they are unaffordable by the general public, thus transforming them into a form of "currency" that only the weathly mechants use. In a way, we are losing these rares to merchanting faster than we are losing them by quiters and death losses. It saddens me to see this part of Runescape history disappear . . .

Below is a picture describing what I believe to be a turning point in the availability and function of the santa hat (I only have the most recent merch highlighted since I feel it is enough to support my argument and I don't remember the older ones).

[hide]santarise.png[/hide]

If I have completely missed the point, feel free to reply (I've only been playing RS for around 2.5 years).

It seems pretty plausible. I also noticed how a lot of people were trying to sell Santa's with junk from the most recent scam cc merch.

After hearing so many opinions about chessy and his her 2k santa stash i have decided to give my 2 cents.

[opinion]

To be honest, he (i struggle to believe its actually a girl) isn't buying santa's for more money etc, he is simply buying lots of santas because it's interesting and fun to try and monopolise a market. It's almost impossible to sell 2k santa's and convert them into something else without losing billions anyway.

For example i am buying some items that have a price roof and a 180 day 0% increase, it takes no effort because i never have to change my offer, then once i have gained a fair amount of stock which does happen i either will hold them until their roof breaks (see bronze knives for example) and make 200% profit at least, or simply dump all of them at once and see if i can finally break that 180 day straight line for fun.

Another brilliant example is, if you somehow gained infinite gp you would try and buy out at least one expensive item totally wouldn't you? YOU HAVE INFINITE GP YOU DON'T NEED MORE GP BUT YOU DO IT BECAUSE IT IS FUN.

This is exaclty why chessy will never sell his santa stock, and frankly he doesn't care what their price is in terms of his net value, he just cares that he is having fun being famous for it and making his mark on runescape.

[/opinion]

Arzian.png

They're already getting bought up. Again.

Yeah, I can confirm this. Too bad I had no cash, I would have bought a few. Anyway, this seems a sign that 50-60m is the new "stable price" for santa's. I can't see them going under 50m again if no serious updates affect them.

looks like green surpassed yellow on street price. i've seen some people trade off their yellows for green and even added risings.

hooks have dropped also. idk the real street price but you can pretty much get a lot of them for an egg.

And they seem to be unloading again :D

seems to me that santas are too unstable. they were rising only a few days ago and now they're practically junk.

Onyx= 80m Street price?

2 hooks=onyx, at least that's what i've been seeing on forum.

Easter= 2 onyx+hook?

Curious, since I want an easter.

Stonewall337.png

Are all Onyx items around the same price as the stone or do they vary? Are some even available on the g.e?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^