3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Overloads 300k an hour to use, wtf! Are you guys forgetting the 2.2k herblore xp you get while making them? That's worth at least 60k. As I see it, overloads are a by product of my herblore training. I have probably more than I will ever use, so I consider them practicly free.

Basically, you either train with extreme magic potions or overloads (at current prices overloads need over a 20m/h income to justify training with them). To turn 1k magic potion into an overload, you spend 73m, earning you 1,950k xp. That xp would cost you 54.5m with extreme magics. So each overload actually costs you about 6.2k per dose, or about 74k an hour. Anyway they aren't free, especially if you don't care about herblore xp (usually if player is 96+ or 99).

Actually, even though they aren't free there the fastest xp and most economic averaging about 35 gp/xp. Which is damn good compared to regular potions considering how much faster overloads are.

patr1ckotg1.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making 1k magic potions into overloads could be accomplished for 18.5m less and 0.9 hours more by just making more extreme magic potions. You need to get about 20m gp/hour income to justify training with overloads at current prices. If you think that is economical tell me how you make money.

But we digress.

How many wergali unf potions to upgrade Green partyhat + onyx to Red partyhat? It's a bit hard for me to tell since RSOF and W2 have really manipulated Green's price.

SO, how has the rares market responded to the new skill? Since you can't even bring anything in, there shouldn't be much response except for panic selling. The only thing I see falling a bit is Elly like people have said, but other then that....anything?

Also, how is this new money sink going to affter the economy? 200k/hour seems like plenty, but then again it's only continuous combat. Plus, how many people are going to get enough tokens for the shields....

SO, how has the rares market responded to the new skill? Since you can't even bring anything in, there shouldn't be much response except for panic selling. The only thing I see falling a bit is Elly like people have said, but other then that....anything?

Also, how is this new money sink going to affter the economy? 200k/hour seems like plenty, but then again it's only continuous combat. Plus, how many people are going to get enough tokens for the shields....

Well, the shield costs 400k tokens and the ratio is 1 token per 10 exp rounded down.

So you should get it at about level 87 to 88 , if you don't buy anything else, which I think most people will, and the ratio doesn't change at higher levels.

So, I don't thnk there will be a whole of lot people with those shiels running around anytime soon.

Also, with these new coal bags, the demand for coal might go up a bit, as it might encourage people to smelt and superheat more, and I don't think, that the bags are going to make that much a difference in supply seeing that most coal probably comes into the game through MTK.

Actualy, looking at the ge graph, it seems, that coal just started failling , but I think it's just people panicing and thus making it an even better opportunity to buy.

Anyone agrees with me?

I'm not wasting points on crap like coal bag and bonecrusher until after I've gotten a chaotic rapier. So don't expect many people who have a clue to be buying any rewards anytime soon. AGS will have a significant drop in price, since people expecting to get a rapier or a maul.

Elysian is having a panic crash right now, but they should go back up since the new shields are too expensive (a rapier or 400k xp sacrificed) to justify use for "up to 20%" reduction of damage. Add to that a 200k/hour use and we're talking a greatly inferior shield to Elysian, and pathetic compared to Divine.

Actually, I see the price of elysian/divine going up because of the new skill. The best stab weapon in the game (rapier or longsword, not sure which yet) is one-handed, meaning that a divine/elysian can be used while killing corp. I see this leading to it being (almost) easy to solo 2 corps in one trip (already is possible now, but this will make it easier), probably leading to more people trying it, and therefore more people wanting a divine/elysian. Yes? No?

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Actually, I see the price of elysian/divine going up because of the new skill. The best stab weapon in the game (rapier or longsword, not sure which yet) is one-handed, meaning that a divine/elysian can be used while killing corp. I see this leading to it being (almost) easy to solo 2 corps in one trip (already is possible now, but this will make it easier), probably leading to more people trying it, and therefore more people wanting a divine/elysian. Yes? No?

No, because apparently all non spear damage is halved by 2.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

No, because apparently all non spear damage is halved by 2.

I know that whip damage is, but I never heard this about non-spear damage until the skill was released. I thought that it was stab damage that wasn't reduced.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

you sir, are a genious

Miseryism | Completionist

I've heard that the street price for a purple phat was in the mid 300's. Since the GE price is currently 330M, should it be buyable soon over the GE? I wouldn't think phat owners would want to hassle with junk trading if the street price is near the GE price.

Umm. I think Elysian will probably feel the effects of the new skill more than a Divine. Chaotic shields are like a mini divine, and a few friends who has Elysian is already planning to sell due to Chaotic Shields.

Ely reduces damage taken by 17.5%. Chaotic only reduce damage that would hit over 200 by 20%. So ely is still better. Not to mention it doesn't degrade, has +3 prayer, and no negative offense. however, it has less defense.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Umm. I think Elysian will probably feel the effects of the new skill more than a Divine. Chaotic shields are like a mini divine, and a few friends who has Elysian is already planning to sell due to Chaotic Shields.

Ely reduces damage taken by 17.5%. Chaotic only reduce damage that would hit over 200 by 20%. So ely is still better. Not to mention it doesn't degrade, has +3 prayer, and no negative offense. however, it has less defense.

Instead of having a billion gp street value, Chaotic shields cost hundreds of hours. So; You decide, Time... or money.

I guess the argument also goes "You can always sell it back after"

For the moment; Elysian is still falling, even with a inferior shield, the shield is still 0gp (Not counting potential loss due to time, however)

Well, the discussion in another thread is making me think that my theory about divine/elysian eventually going up is wrong. I'm fine with that -- I'd much rather they go down in value than up. I'm just not sure why corp is weak specifically to spears.

MischlingsSH.png

Well, the discussion in another thread is making me think that my theory about divine/elysian eventually going up is wrong. I'm fine with that -- I'd much rather they go down in value than up. I'm just not sure why corp is weak specifically to spears.

No one is sure. Perhaps it's the way the Corporeal Beast's shell/skin was made, to be strong against slash and and crush but weak to stabbing. I'm not sure, I just think of him like a slayer monster

I believe in the quest that the Spirit Beast is finally slayed by the warrior spirit, who uses a spear, so I presume that's why. I may be wrong about the quest though; it's been so long since I've done it.

ozXHe7P.png

Edibles took a big hit lately. Easters were going for 200-250M, disks for 400-450M, and pumpkin 650M. Those prices are from like 5 months ago! Bad junk was released, but earth talisman isn't THAT bad... no worse than the typical merchant junk that was usually dumped with edibles. Partyhats on the other hand DID NOT drop in street. Hmm...

It seems the new prices are:

Purple: 0.8 eggs -> 1 egg

Yellow: 1.5 eggs -> 2 eggs

Green: 2 eggs -> 1 disk

Red: 3 eggs -> Egg+Disk minimum or even 1 Pumpkin

White: Pumpkin + Disk + 0.5 Eggs -> 2 Pumpkins minimum

Blue: Who knows

By the way, for those that may be interested (GE tracker info in sig). Check it out, play around with it, and give me some feedback. :)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Update: Edibles have tanked pretty hard. Current prices:

Purple: ???

Yellow: Disk

Green: Pumpkin

Red: Pumpkin + 2 Easters

White: 2 Pumpkins + 3 Easters

Blue: ???

Holy crap at red, and especially white partyhat. That is the current buyer price! There are literally no partyhat sellers right now. Blue I haven't seen any offers, so I have no idea what its current price is.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

What would it take to upgrade ely to divine?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

What would be the chances of me trading a Blue H'ween, Red H'ween, Santa and around 65m or so cash for a Purple?

Blue mask = 90M

Red mask = 112M

Santa hat = 58M

Cash = 65M

Total = 325M

Purple = 334M

So just using GE price, you're still around 10M short. However, the Phat is bought out. Purple was going for ~1 egg when they were 350 - 400M each. Your H'weens are rising fairly decently but I can forsee a small 3-4 day drop coming soon (see the 180 day graphs to see) so I wouldn't count anything you have as having a street price over GE price.

EDIT: I just saw an offer for 3 Red H'weens + 95M for a Purple + junk, so using that it looks like Purple is 430M. So you're a good 100M short.