3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Anyone care to explain how and why eggs got to be so much? Weren't they like.. 10m last year or the year before? It seems kind of stupid to judge the price of party hats and even go as far as to trade them based on an item that- on the whim of merchanters- can have 1/10th of the street price that it had 24 hours ago.

Well, for the longest time easters were ~3M in the GE making them the cheapest rares. This meant that anyone who wanted to start hoarding them, could buy far more eggs then any other rare. Plus, the entire rares market is dictated at whim by the hoarders who own the majority. Once an item is bought out, it just spirals out of control.

I think the change in 3A's allowed price fluctuation % played a part in merchants moving to rares too, right?

yes.png

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, the entire rares market is dictated at whim by the hoarders who own the majority.

Not entirely correct. The partyhat market is dictated by the thousands of players who have 1-2 partyhats. Most hardcore rare merchants don't have more than a couple sets. Because the hats are so scattered among individuals who are not willing to get rid of a status symbol that is virtually irreplaceable in today's market, very few people sell partyhats.

lalalasig2.png

Plus, the entire rares market is dictated at whim by the hoarders who own the majority.

Not entirely correct. The partyhat market is dictated by the thousands of players who have 1-2 partyhats. Most hardcore rare merchants don't have more than a couple sets. Because the hats are so scattered among individuals who are not willing to get rid of a status symbol that is virtually irreplaceable in today's market, very few people sell partyhats.

That would be me.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

That would be me.

and me. Wub you green <3

That would be me.

and me. Wub you green <3

+1 I will never sell my green.

My cousin and I share a partial set. He owns a purple, red and blue (the green I have was his but he traded me for purple). If either of us wants to have another partyhat we just trade some cash + a hat.

4e0Vn.png

I think easter eggs are done for the moment. The panic has grown by leaps and bounds and there are reports that easters are now slowly buyable in ge for max.

Here's a recent offer I found on RSOF from a guy who claims to have 116 easter eggs (which he bought at 4 mil a piece a year ago):

crash.png

Maybe its just manipulation, but a lot of people seem to be agreeing and this is not the only thread selling easters cheap. I believe that these eggs will eventually rebound but it might take a while since 100M+ items are generally difficult to buyout once the public loses faith in them. Perhaps for the insanely rich this (or soon) would be a great time to hoard eggs as these will become very easy to acquire.

I think easter eggs are done for the moment. The panic has grown by leaps and bounds and there are reports that easters are now slowly buyable in ge for max.

Here's a recent offer I found on RSOF from a guy who claims to have 116 easter eggs (which he bought at 4 mil a piece a year ago):

crash.png

Maybe its just manipulation, but a lot of people seem to be agreeing and this is not the only thread selling easters cheap. I believe that these eggs will eventually rebound but it might take a while since 100M+ items are generally difficult to buyout once the public loses faith in them. Perhaps for the insanely rich this (or soon) would be a great time to hoard eggs as these will become very easy to acquire.

I saw them going for as low as 130m on the forums last night... they are probably even worse now. LONG overdue.

lalalasig2.png

With edibles declining are we seeing the beginning of the end for ely/divine?

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Been farming Wergali herbs for a while now and just selling them every couple of days over the ge (either clean or grimy), but has the value of them now crashed to only be sellable in unf form? as this offer has been in as a trial over night:

herbs.jpg

Any clue if they will rebound?

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

With edibles declining are we seeing the beginning of the end for ely/divine?

nope, just seeing mainly wanting yellow+cash or disk+cash for ely, div most ppl were wanting a red+ which is outrageous imo. bout an ely the day before dungeon came out for 2 eggs, cash, and 2.4k unf wergs. had a bunch of junk from the eggs i bought, the egg crash happened and i got rid of all my junk, arcance, and spectral for 4 eggs. took all day to get rid of the eggs but i did get a 2nd ely for 4 eggs and cash since thats all the wealth i had.

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)

I havn't played runescape for a while.. is it still virtually impossible to buy 3rd age from ge or has that changed? have the prices evened out to what the street value is? thanks.

From what I've read on this thread plus what I see on the GE graphs, 3A goes from bought out to dumped to bought out. So the prices haven't really "leveled off" but it is possible to buy.

Pfft, just checked my Arcane in the GE and wtf, why are they so low? It's not like the new shields are worth the tokens tbh.

Yes and no. If you think about it, a good team can get around 40k+ xp dung an hour (4000+ tokens an hour). That's ~50 hours of playing for 200k tokens. Assuming you can make 1.5M an hour, 50 hours would be equal to about 75M in coins.

The shields themselves are less efficient on stats than their spirit shield counterparts, however the shields have "special effects" which may boost their efficiency over the spirit shields in certain circumstances. A mager with a Farseer kiteshield is likley going to outperform a mager with a Arance SS in PvP due to the special effects of the Farseer Kite.

In the long run the Farseer kiteshield is going to be far more expensive than the Arcane Spirit Shield would be, but at the risk of higher efficiency in some locations. If you do not use the shields for those locations (using the special attacks) then the shields are indeed worse than the Spirit Shields. However if you do use the special effects, the new shields can outperform Spirit Shields (at a higher cost).

In other words, Arcane, Spectral, and Elysian are still great shields, but slightly less useful now as the new shields can outperform them in certain situations. They wont dry crash to nothing, but will not likley be the cost they were before this update. Divine price is unaffected since none of the shields can outperform it.

Another factor to consider with the Arcane in particular is that it only has two practical PVM uses, and magic attack bonus only really matters for one of those (rock lobsters). It's also an item for the elite, who are the same people who will be inclined to work towards the new and arguably better Dungeoneering shields; the same holds true for the other Spirit Shields.

Any idea what sort of price we can expect the Arcane to settle at once more people start getting the Daemonheim shields?