3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember quite a while back that Blue masks were more expensive than reds, when and why did this happen?

If this happened, it was long before my time, and I had a blue mask back in early 2007. You may be mistaken.

I'm glad to see edibles finally starting to fall. I wouldn't buy an easter for GE price right now.

lalalasig2.png

I seem to remember quite a while back that Blue masks were more expensive than reds, when and why did this happen?

If this happened, it was long before my time, and I had a blue mask back in early 2007. You may be mistaken.

I'm glad to see edibles finally starting to fall. I wouldn't buy an easter for GE price right now.

Yup, Reds have been more than blues as long as I can recall. I had a blue in 2005 which I traded for a dragon plateskirt on the day of release, and traded that for a red.

I am glad edibles are crashing; however it will make upgrading my green to red or buying a purple very difficult, as edible hoarders are trying to convert to partyhats.

I never thought I'd live to see the day where edibles are 100M raw cash. seriously.

Well in good old days Blue masks were the most valuable, I have no idea why this changed (didn't play inbetween).

But I bet there are a lot of people now who also think that Pink phats have always been the lowest ;)

Playing since February 2003

Ssamriga.png

Problem with bandos/arma is that although they may rise, with only 80m, you won't make a lot off them. Probably better with a high volume item.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This thread seems to be fitting to ask: does anyone have any recommendations on what to GE merchant with 80mill?

Thanks! :)

Depends on what you mean by merch.

Do you mean "Sell again within 12 hours for a quick profit" or "Hold onto for weeks at a time trying to make a profit"?

If you are talking about the first thing, its easy. You can basically buy anything. My favorite is whips. Buy 10 whips at a somewhat low price (itll take like 5-10 minutes to get them) then sell them for like 40k higher each. Free 400k.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Problem with bandos/arma is that although they may rise, with only 80m, you won't make a lot off them. Probably better with a high volume item.

This. Your best ROI with 80m will be with flipping of volatile-throughout-the-day items with higher volume.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

What would I need to upgrade Ely to Divine? Hypothetical question, but if edibles crashed, (Or was it only easter), then won't semi-rares become even more valuable, such as onyx gem/ring.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

Um last time I looked Divine was about 1.5b and Elysian was about 900m. But everything is changing too quickly for me to figure out what's going right now...

Ye, and that was with easters being the basis for phats street price it seems, so IDK if its constant anymore.

Stonewall337.png

Hypothetical question, but if edibles crashed, (Or was it only easter), then won't semi-rares become even more valuable, such as onyx gem/ring.

Exactly my question, because when the mintcake drop rate was changed, santa hats doubled in price because people moved their GP into other high priced items.

How come I can come up with these great theories and know what the market is going to do, yet I can't merch for crap...

Stonewall337.png

Thanks for the advice to everyone who gave some! Just as I thought, will have to merch some high in demand stuff daily. (I want to get a phat, so I need to merch my 80 mill up + blue and green masks waiting in bank).

Playing since February 2003

Ssamriga.png

So now the prices for the Dungeoneering shields are halved, will Elysian crash even harder (maybe even a GE-crash?). At least, I heard they were crashing due to the new shields.

Findolfin || Total 2293 || Combat 138 - 126 || 313 Quest Points

~ Watch out, beasties. Findolfin is here to hunt you

xlbd4x.jpg

So now the prices for the Dungeoneering shields are halved, will Elysian crash even harder (maybe even a GE-crash?). At least, I heard they were crashing due to the new shields.

People panic sell after updates. I am sure ELY will take a tiny hit but I doubt Divine is going to be affected.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Anyone care to explain how and why eggs got to be so much? Weren't they like.. 10m last year or the year before? It seems kind of stupid to judge the price of party hats and even go as far as to trade them based on an item that- on the whim of merchanters- can have 1/10th of the street price that it had 24 hours ago.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Anyone care to explain how and why eggs got to be so much? Weren't they like.. 10m last year or the year before? It seems kind of stupid to judge the price of party hats and even go as far as to trade them based on an item that- on the whim of merchanters- can have 1/10th of the street price that it had 24 hours ago.

Well, for the longest time easters were ~3M in the GE making them the cheapest rares. This meant that anyone who wanted to start hoarding them, could buy far more eggs then any other rare. Plus, the entire rares market is dictated at whim by the hoarders who own the majority. Once an item is bought out, it just spirals out of control.