~~Newer Bank Of Runescape~~ **Updated again 05/15/09**

Thagern

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people have been wanting this to happen for a long time now, and to be honest i can't see a reson why it isnt introduced. You have developed the idea well so all jagex need to do now is copy and paste it into the game

-.- good luck copy and pasting lots of non code into code, it usually causes problems, as the non code stays non code, and the compiler complains.

To all those complaining about 9 months wait, here's what I have to say to you:

If you can write the java code, feel free. This would require a large number of lines of code.

Oh, and if you can procure the extra few hundred/thousand gigabytes for the extra tags for each item, and the tags for the titles, do that as well.

And hey, while your at it, release an update every week and deal with a number of rulebreakers, malware posibilities and a large number of requests by ALL the players for information of all sorts.

Be my guest. Jagex has a harder job then that, but hey, they're more people. I'm sure I've only touched the tip of the iceburg.

In other words, be patient. You arn't dealing with 3 million people. If they do decide to impliment this I wouldn't be surprised if it took over a year and a half, it would require almost as much extra memory as construction (as in construction, the values could be stored as a simple number, in this, it calls for strings-much larger pieces of information memory wise). So please, be patient. You waited 2 years for construction, and this update would get pretty close to how big it was in terms of consumption of resources (computer resources, not logs, money, etc.)

Guest Toshiba23

I messaged jagex, I'll support this til' someone gets banned (Dont care who, just banned :anxious: )

Good luck :D

I agree that the bank needs improvement. It used to be fine but since Jagex keeps adding new items and growing the bank it's become hard to keep track of everything. This idea with categories seems nice at first, but I foresee players spending as much time organising and sorting their categories as we do now, sorting our items in the current bank. Not to mention it's very complex. For a very basic system that everyone has to use it's best to follow the KISS rule: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

The idea I've had for a while is more along the Gmail approach to filing: search, don't sort. I just want a 'Find' button that pops up a dialogue, and then it can work one of two ways.

1) As you type the view jumps to the first matching item, and a coloured outline could hilight the matching item. This is kinda like the Firefox 'Find' bar. There would need to be a 'Find Next' button to be most useful.

Or

2) As you type, items that don't match the text are filtered from view so you only see items that do match. I.e. you type "amulet" and it would show all items with "amulet" in the name. I personally like this better.

There are many advantages to a text-based search function. It's simple and easy to understand, since many other programs have search functions. It would be easy for Jagex to add, there's no need to change any of the backend system like categories would require. Finally, it might teach people how to spell "scimitar" properly. :wink:

Oh well, my idea is bound to get buried in an 80+ page thread, but whatever.

Skill total 1750+, combat 102 Ranger.

Like finding safe spots? A Guide to Monster Blocking.

I agree that the bank needs improvement. It used to be fine but since Jagex keeps adding new items and growing the bank it's become hard to keep track of everything. This idea with categories seems nice at first, but I foresee players spending as much time organising and sorting their categories as we do now, sorting our items in the current bank. Not to mention it's very complex. For a very basic system that everyone has to use it's best to follow the KISS rule: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

The idea I've had for a while is more along the Gmail approach to filing: search, don't sort. I just want a 'Find' button that pops up a dialogue, and then it can work one of two ways.

1) As you type the view jumps to the first matching item, and a coloured outline could hilight the matching item. This is kinda like the Firefox 'Find' bar. There would need to be a 'Find Next' button to be most useful.

Or

2) As you type, items that don't match the text are filtered from view so you only see items that do match. I.e. you type "amulet" and it would show all items with "amulet" in the name. I personally like this better.

There are many advantages to a text-based search function. It's simple and easy to understand, since many other programs have search functions. It would be easy for Jagex to add, there's no need to change any of the backend system like categories would require. Finally, it might teach people how to spell "scimitar" properly.

Oh well, my idea is bound to get buried in an 80+ page thread, but whatever.

I don't really have problems keeping my bank organized. But you have a good point here, a simple search option would make a world of differance. I still like the sorted bank idea and wouldn't mind seeing it implemented.

My main grievance with the RS bank is the lack of space. I like to do all skills and quests and I don't like having to recollect things I have already collected. So I tend to hold on to useful tools or anything that might prove useful in the future. And as you can imagine that all eats up space. I find it aggrivating when I have to spend a couple hours or more going around planting trees or ditching some extra planks I had just to fit the latest RS releases in my bank. I would take space over an organization set-up any day.

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

Well, I suggested something VERY similar to this on RuneScape Official Forums, and got locked (stupid jews.. took me 10 minutes to write :evil: ). Well, have 9 boxes, then the 10th one being one that can have a PIN setting on it, for items that you want EXTRA security on (such as Rares, Dragon items, etc..)

553VriC.png?1

-.- good luck copy and pasting lots of non code into code, it usually causes problems, as the non code stays non code, and the compiler complains.

To all those complaining about 9 months wait, here's what I have to say to you:

If you can write the java code, feel free. This would require a large number of lines of code.

Oh, and if you can procure the extra few hundred/thousand gigabytes for the extra tags for each item, and the tags for the titles, do that as well.

And hey, while your at it, release an update every week and deal with a number of rulebreakers, malware posibilities and a large number of requests by ALL the players for information of all sorts.

Be my guest. Jagex has a harder job then that, but hey, they're more people. I'm sure I've only touched the tip of the iceburg.

In other words, be patient. You arn't dealing with 3 million people. If they do decide to impliment this I wouldn't be surprised if it took over a year and a half, it would require almost as much extra memory as construction (as in construction, the values could be stored as a simple number, in this, it calls for strings-much larger pieces of information memory wise). So please, be patient. You waited 2 years for construction, and this update would get pretty close to how big it was in terms of consumption of resources (computer resources, not logs, money, etc.)

customer service has improved but still is utter [cabbage] handled by interns. I don't think that the quality of customer/jagex relations would suffer much....

The java wouldn't be hard, I am barely adept at J2EE but.... I agree that it would consume alot more space, but would also lessen the load on the servers holding the bank array. Think about it instead of pulling up 160 items or whatever every transaction, for every player, the db could be streamlined to pull up perhaps twenty due to the field. In that sense this would improve game response, and save on bandwidth.

again, I think that jagex likes us spending hours in our bank and allocating gp's for unused dupe items. It prolongs the average life of the average customer.

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

Well i say this is probably the best bank style any1 could come up with. I would have no idea y jagex would ever try and turn it down. Heck they might even make u a moderator for such a great idea. If u r coming up with a petition or anything like that i give u my support all the way

Code:

untitled6kv7.gif

mayby you should add to your coins list (you know coins, tokkuls & trading sticks) this 3: cw tikkets, warrior guild coins & ecto plasm (or somthing)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!