~~Newer Bank Of Runescape~~ **Updated again 05/15/09**

Thagern

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I seem to be the only one to think that this is not such a good idea. I pride myself on pouring hours into organizing my bank in a way that suits my needs, and having Jagex do it for me would discourage me somewhat.

I can tell thought and time was put into the idea, but not only would it increase useless clicking, but it would limit and split hairs when implementing new items, not to mention complicating an already perfect interface into something with more buttons than any other RuneScape option screen. This would especially irk PKers and stakers who depend on fast access to certain items placed all in the same general area. Granted, this would cut down on people who don't care what their banks look like and would appreciate an easy out, but more who have put the time into personalizing, as well as those who depend on an already specific setup would surely dissaprove.

There are a lot more potential implementations that deserve a lot more attention than this, and just because someone took the time to contort RuneScape elements into something that looks of Jagex quality certainly does not mean it should be acclaimed as such.

I said the idea was pointless and pretty much a waste of time compared to some other updates we need much more back on like page 12 or something lol.

I stand by that, whats wrong with the current bank? if you cant organise your bank with the current system your a grade A moron and jagex shouldnt cater there updates to suit some one with the iq of a house plant.

Sorry, but I seem to be the only one to think that this is not such a good idea. I pride myself on pouring hours into organizing my bank in a way that suits my needs, and having Jagex do it for me would discourage me somewhat.

I can tell thought and time was put into the idea, but not only would it increase useless clicking, but it would limit and split hairs when implementing new items, not to mention complicating an already perfect interface into something with more buttons than any other RuneScape option screen. This would especially irk PKers and stakers who depend on fast access to certain items placed all in the same general area. Granted, this would cut down on people who don't care what their banks look like and would appreciate an easy out, but more who have put the time into personalizing, as well as those who depend on an already specific setup would surely dissaprove.

There are a lot more potential implementations that deserve a lot more attention than this, and just because someone took the time to contort RuneScape elements into something that looks of Jagex quality certainly does not mean it should be acclaimed as such.

I said the idea was pointless and pretty much a waste of time compared to some other updates we need much more back on like page 12 or something lol.

I stand by that, whats wrong with the current bank? if you cant organise your bank with the current system your a grade A moron and jagex shouldnt cater there updates to suit some one with the iq of a house plant.

If you hate it so much, why do you keep coming back?

Its interesting to watch the process thats slowly killing rs, a vocal minority complains, jagex acts on it then all the people who didnt complain get screwed over.

I mean honestly, you brag about your 120 pages of support, thats what 800 people at most?

8 million people play rs, im sure most of us are happy with the current banking system.. but jagex will eventually see this whining thread and possibly update rs becouse of it, as a result the players that were fine with things will get screwed over the same way we did with:

Rsc pk system got killed in rs2.

Magic short bow lost its second spec.

Maul was nerfed.

Whip was nerfed.

Duel anywhere was removed.

Pk anywhere was removed.

Protection prayers were added.

teleport stopped failing.

The ladder was removed from mage bank.

Ecetera.

dont listen to all the flamers and ppl that are pissed that u thought of it and not them. Its a fantatic idea and Jagex should definatly use it, banking is always annoying to organize. add me to your support, pst ur the man for thinking that up

KSAWoodcuttingShopWorker-1.gif

newbankofrsyq0.gif

I think this is a great idea, even though I don't have an untidy bank (at the moment).

I suggest this for all the flamers.

Have an option to switch between the normal standard bank and this new one. (if it ever gets put into the game, which I REALLY hope it does)

This could help so many people and make this game less frustrating for people who don't have time to stand around and carefully organise their bank only to have them mess it up when they withdraw or add something.

GREAT IDEA. only i got one question(if anybody is ever gonna answer it :P ). how does the bank know were to store an item? if you say: deposit 14 lobster. how does it know were to put it? if anyone knows the answer, pm me ingame ok.. cus postin here wont help. :P

im gonna put it in my sig NOW!

-=[ Once, a researcher of the weird and wonderfull items in runescape ]=-

sigtipit.jpg

You cannot do all you want. You have to make choises. I made the right one, hopefully, so will you!

Its interesting to watch the process thats slowly killing rs, a vocal minority complains, jagex acts on it then all the people who didnt complain get screwed over.

I mean honestly, you brag about your 120 pages of support, thats what 800 people at most?

8 million people play rs, im sure most of us are happy with the current banking system.. but jagex will eventually see this whining thread and possibly update rs becouse of it, as a result the players that were fine with things will get screwed over the same way we did with:

Maul was nerfed.

Whip was nerfed.

Pk anywhere was removed.

Ecetera.

if they are happy with the current banking system how come we see more ppl being positiv about this idea.

ppl who dont like this new system have as many chance coming to this forum and expresing there hate for it.

wy dont we see them CAUS THERE ARENT THAT MUCH PEOPLE WHO HATE IT.

having said that put me on the support list.

I've seen this posted on some other forums taken from here, its an absolutely fantastic idea. Has anyone sent it to Jagex yet? Its well thought out and I see no flaws in it.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.

boy yeah you know I really feel the pain of having too many things in my bank and not being able to find anything SINCE I'M F2P. Seriously, it's a nice layout, and it looks really cool, but until I no longer have to decide between dumping all of my iron or mith ore in my bank because I just got a new holiday item, I'm a little bit more in favour of more F2P bank space.

Always selling amulets of strength 3k ea

Maul was nerfed.

Whip was nerfed.

Pk anywhere was removed.

Ecetera.

if they are happy with the current banking system how come we see more ppl being positiv about this idea.

ppl who dont like this new system have as many chance coming to this forum and expresing there hate for it.

wy dont we see them CAUS THERE ARENT THAT MUCH PEOPLE WHO HATE IT.

having said that put me on the support list.

Well that's not totaly true. I am very sure that a great deal of people never get on this site, maybe because they don't know the exictance of it, or maybe because they already take part in another fansite's community. However it may be, the fact that you don't see people who don't like it that much really does NOT mean that those people aren't there.

Then on-topic. The idea seems great to me, although I can also understand the point furmaster3000 is making here, namely that the amount of clicking required to withraw a specific item would really increase. To some people this may indeed be irritating.

~ Agshlee

99/99 Mage - Achieved 23/07/2007

99/99 Ranged - Achieved 20/12/2007

93/99 Defence

Wunnerful idea.

What if, on the top, instead of "the bank of runescape" it says "(your username here)'s bank" Eh? Eh?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I like the organization aspect, but I would hate the added clicks. So I suggest a modification: Keep the proposed organization and remove the locks and "on-screen" withdrawal interface. Stuff should automatically stay locked in a particular category. And you should be able to withdraw by right-clicking as you do now, or by clicking on an individual item right away.

Gloibin wrote:

So what I have to say is this: How would it irk the pk'ers and stakers? They could devote a single section of the bank to PK and staking materials, and leave the rest of it for whatever else. Then just organize that section. Why not? I like the idea.