03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

I'm loving all of these updates!

The lobby lets me play MW2 and still be able to see what's up on RS, and the Shattered Hearts thing looks sweet. Finally I can slay Icewyrms (2k points is a bit pricey but I don't mind). Though I don't see why they had to rename it, the Hitpoints (I'll always call it that anyway) re-buff is lookin' good! Just now I need to get used to not running away if a monster hits a 40 on me hehe. :thumbsup:

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

121fhy1.png

I don't see the purpose of this screen other than advertising the members game. If you choose the f2p option, it STILL shows you both F2P and P2P worlds.

Shame on you, Gerhard. You told us that you didn't want to overadvertise members.

Oh, and a hidden update: The game now censors Polish curse words 0_o

Double post :oops:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I can see Blizzard suing Jagex in their future.....

sarcasm or not? Because I would hate for RSOF idioicy to spread here, I have spend the past hour replying to statements similar to this, you better not be my first on tif.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Just looked at the RSOF. It's like a nuclear warhead went off in there. I think this is one of those updates where Jagex is probably sitting in their chairs and laughing at the RSOF rather than taking notes.

Join the fight, we shall kick RSOF's arse back to oblivion.

I did so much fighting over the strykewyrms update that I just can't bring myself to look at the RSOF anymore than I have today. I really don't think Jagex will be going back on this one. The best way for them to quail the rants right now is to immediately release armor or weapons that utilize the new Constitution skill.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

take a look at my thread on solution to constitution problem

76-77-515-60505322

[hide]An on/off option, when toggled your constitution would be displayed with the last digit truncated (ex. you have filter on, on your screen it would show 99 life points, your hit for a 176, shows hit for 17, life points go down to 814, shows 81 hp.

PLEASE JAGEXXXXX PLEASE! [/hide]

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

I dont know how to take the update. My guess is this update is the start of a combat overhall of the game. Start with hit points and got to other skills as time goes on. I dont mind the update, kinda cool for me to hit a 295 now :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Amazing. Jagex can't even move a decimal place without everyone complaining.

This. Every update is bound to have (and in my experiences, has had) at least one complaint. This one was definately over done though. From what I heard there was a riot in w66 Falador. I didn't check as I was at ZGW, but that's what I heard from a few clan members.

posted on wrong topic my bad

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Runescape is turning me into an old Jewish women.

Every update is either Oy vey, Meh, or "I can't believe I stayed home for this."

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Every update is either Oy vey, Meh, or "I can't believe I stayed home for this."

What are you talking about? Did you see the RSOF and the riots? I havn't had this much fun in rs since I was still fighting in organized clan wars.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

I was going to post this in another thread attempting to compare wow to runescape. My opinion on the hitpoints update:

anybody who compares this update doesnt understand the nature of wow vs runescape hp/lifepoint system.

in world of warcraft hitpoints are based on the type of gear you wear and in a very small part the current lvl of your character.

in runescape the lifepoints are based completely on your constitution level. gear has zero factors in boosting your lifepoints.

im heavily in favor of the changes made today. it will allow jagex to create content with small things inbetween. remember, it wasnt just the lower lvls they wanted to satisfy. more things are planned, more is in the works, give them a chance to create.

if you want to compare it to another game, modern warfare and modern warfare 2 are the answers. in mw2 the experience system released was 10 fold compared to the original. in mw2 you scored 100 points per kill instead of 10 points. by making this change, and convincing their audience as well, they were able to create a more rewarding experience system. I believe that jagex is attempting to make the same changes, a more rewarding combat experience, and i for one am expecting great things to come from todays update.

What are you talking about? Did you see the RSOF and the riots? I havn't had this much fun in rs since I was still fighting in organized clan wars.

To me, it's just another much ado about nothing update.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Watch.....

last time there was this much hoopla and a riot...jagex quickly pushed out summoning to shut everyone up.

So I expect the new skill before the weeks end

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Garunteed.

Watch.....

last time there was this much hoopla and a riot...jagex quickly pushed out summoning to shut everyone up.

Garunteed.

They're not gonna release a skill before its ready just because some kids are having a little riot. At least i hope not.

vansing.png

I don't understand. What is the immediate cause and effect of multiplying everything in regards to HP by 10?

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I don't understand. What is the immediate cause and effect of multiplying everything in regards to HP by 10?

There isn't a real immediate effect, but it has huge implications for future content.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Watch.....

Garunteed.

They're not gonna release a skill before its ready just because some kids are having a little riot. At least i hope not.

Plus they said they would not release the new skill before the double xp weekend.

I'd think the HP update will lead into more exciting updates in the future. Everyone's been complaining about there not being a fix to the low HP problem, and now that we've gotten a probable solution, everyone's like, "amg, so pointless." If this update doesn't lead to anything new in the next few months, then everyone can go ahead and complain. Right now, half the people in this thread are making my IQ drop below three digits. Chill out and see where this leads for once.

guido_49.png

They said in the blog about HP they wanted to make the game easier for those just starting out.

Equally, when a new player was hit by a monster, they only had 10 hitpoints to absorb that hit. The minimum damage we can do to that player is 1, which was 10% of their total hitpoints - a hit too big for someone learning the game.

So does this mean that early monsters will be hitting numbers that aren't multiples of team. For instance, they could hit a 5 which would have been a 0.05. This would allow Jagex to make the game easier for new players as they stated they wanted to. Because now they have the chance to do much less than 10% of a newcomers hitpoints.

Any verification of a monster hitting < 10?

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

From my limited experence with it so far, i think the hp is improved (though i can't say i like the name change, and I reserve the right to change my mind). If anything you hit more. Where you would have hit 0 before because you got a .4 rounded to zero, you now hit a 4, which is better, imho. I always thought all the zeros I hit were rediculous for someone who was suposidly so good in combat.

And I agree... this is a lot of histeric chicken littling over nothing. If people would stop being sooo drama cow over every little change. You can not like it, but at least let the update actually be in the game and you actually log in an try it before screaming the sky is falling. Seriously, I don't think I have ever seen a crazier disply of premature getting worked up over multiplication! At least when people were ranting about the wilderness, they had actually lost something. There were threads saying this is the end of runescape and everyone hates this update, before anyone could even log into the game again! Oh, so rediculous...

Don't jugde an update by its cover, jugde it by its actually effect in game. :wall:

They said it was for making the game more interesting for new players.

It's adding some resolution so that's alright.

I can't see anything wrong with it. People in game are yelling that it's going to ruin the economy and this and that. I have no clue how maybe they don't fully understand it but good luck convincing them. :rolleyes:

Jain_Charin.png

I like the no hidden cost line.

There actually is a hidden cost in case no one caught it.

They actually charge you the member fee ($5 for me) then a separate .04 cent processing fee to process the credit card.

Thats a hidden fee. Check your bank statement if you're on a auto pay like me.

There's yet another hidden cost - some of us get charged an "International Fee" for transactions with firms outside the US. My auto bill transactions with Jagex are assessed a 3% fee by my bank. <_<

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Interesting fact:

Logged out in the "safespot" at the irons/steals in kura dungeon, logged back in 2 mins later to try this new HP again, what do I know? Straight down to 300 LP and having to house tele as for some reason an iron had attacked me just as I logged out.... so it was sat there for 5 mins or so fire breathing me >.> FML Jagex....... oh well, my char is safe and sound with 200LP or so left in his house.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D