03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

I'm training pray at party house and the altar won't work. lmfaol!! Any bugs for you guys?

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay. Update is really good.

990 hp! Wow its going to be confusing for me. Long overdue update that I never thought I would see. Very confusing after so many years though lol. Will be much better for gameplay. Might take a year playing to adapt to it..

+

2000 points for ice strykewyrms not too terrible =) Literally 10x better than expecting.

Killing blow I not too sure what it means yet for gameplay. Besides being quicker. I guess.

Now does EVERYONE have to spend 2k points on Strykewyrms are only those without a firecape?

I am sure you can get it assigned if you have the cape, if not then they will change it. It will be extremely stupid if it is.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Now does EVERYONE have to spend 2k points on Strykewyrms are only those without a firecape?

I think only people that want to kill them but don't have a fire cape have to spend points to be able to be assigned them.

Interesting question...

I'm shocked at the number of point needed. I had guessed 1K points and assumed it was appropriate, 2K is slightly more than I expected but not that high. Anything over 3K points would have been ridiculous.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Keep an eye out for new pieces; the first time the statue is rebuilt your Kudos with the museum's research team will increase. The exceptionally diligent may find themselves rewarded even further.

I remember something like an island or something related to the digsite being mentioned somewhere in the quest or the museum minigame....could the reward be it....probably the new land mass in the wilderness #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

This is one of the most exciting updates I have seen in Runescape for a while. Runescape is one step closer to having a real combat system. I'm extremely happy.

yes, i agree with you somewhat.

to be honest tho, i kinda feel sad. My account is pretty much older then 95% of the other people i meet in game. I came from classic. And throughout the game, there have been very few skills that remained the same. I will miss the good old reliable hitpoints skill :cry: it was one of the few things that has remained the same since time immemorial. Let us hold a moment of silence for that which is now gone............

I came from classic as well. I can just see things without my Nostalgia Glasses.

that was mostly just me fooling around lol. I do think it was a good update overall.

pere_grin.png

I am not sure but I think I have found out the ratio of hits and how much you get.

I was training range and trying to figure out the exp rate. I think for each life point you hit you get .4 exp.

For Example a 10 would give you 4 exp and a 63 would give 25 exp.

Warsaver.png

You know this is a wierd feeling, for the first time in my life, I am trolling...and it feels so damn good, oh my god it feels good to troll the QQers.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Yay. Update is really good.

990 hp! Wow its going to be confusing for me. Long overdue update that I never thought I would see. Very confusing after so many years though lol. Will be much better for gameplay. Might take a year playing to adapt to it..

+

2000 points for ice strykewyrms not too terrible =) Literally 10x better than expecting.

Killing blow I not too sure what it means yet for gameplay. Besides being quicker. I guess.

i think the killing blow is the stuff u need to do to finish the monster off, like lizards, gargoyles, and such. You will be able to hit the gargoyle faster with the hammer then b4 or something. Maybe make it automatic

pere_grin.png

It definitely seems to mean strength levels will have more of an effect...+2-3 to your max hit per level more instead of waiting 4 levels to increase the max.

What does this mean for Nomad and Corp now? 10k and 20k hp now?

Tipit kinda got screwed with this update....there is a LOOOOOT of updating for the bestiary now.

I am sure one of them will whip up a program that will just automatically times all the HP+Damage by ten.

No program needed. Just an SQL query. Might need to change the column type too. Max hits will need to be done manually since Tip.It's database isn't very normalized and they store it in the notes field. Shouldn't take that long since most don't have max hits though.

UPDATE Monsters SET HP = HP * 10;

Tipit kinda got screwed with this update....there is a LOOOOOT of updating for the bestiary now.

*begins crying uncontrollably*

I feel bad for the guy who has to stat spy all monsters for max hits (since it won't be X 10 it can have any number from 1-4 behind it now *I think*) Hp will be easy to work out though just slap a 0 at the end!

Everything's just x10 as far as I know... it would have been more work to make it more precise so why bother? If it IS more precise... well I will be mad. Years of my work wasted. :(

woooooooooooot new skilll finaly!!!!!!! constitution!!!!!!!!

r.i.p. jard y dooku

this will take months of getting used to

before update at 90 hp brews would heal 15

does this mean they heal 155? if so thats epic

I haven't died just yet. And I could always mark the old ones with an "old" icon, and the new ones with a "new" icon. Ever think of THAT?! :) Actually, I could do even more epic things than that................ but not now, maybe in a few months.

I feel really sorry for the biestiary updaters on any fansite now, aswell as jard's awesome monster index. >.<

I cant wait to log in though, ive been waiting for this all day. :P

He'll prolly MSPaint a "x10" to all pics :P

MS Paint? Just a few lines of code, actually.

yay for 5th task block? waited a year for that one

jard y dooku what does the monster examine say about nomads hp level!!?!?!?!?!?

jard y dooku: its over 9.....ok u get the picture ill spare you

Nice one! ;)

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Strange Rock #1 from Smithing.

[hide=Discovery chat]Smithing.png[/hide]

[hide=Right Click]3-2.png[/hide]

[hide=Look at option]Smithing2.png[/hide]

[hide=inventory picture]4-1.png[/hide]

[hide=Examine]5-1.png[/hide]

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

You know this is a wierd feeling, for the first time in my life, I am trolling...and it feels so damn good, oh my god it feels good to troll the QQers.

Welcome to the club! *shakes hand* Honestly, we welcome you!

Tbh 20 mins into a waterfiend trip and I'm already used to the new system.

Loving the possibility of items giving const or draining const. Reducing / increasing max hp sounds win. Btw, for anyone who dosen't know wha that means, if you boost your const your HP will regenerate up to your new max and you can also use any food to heal it as well. So a weapon that drains const = a weapon that can lower your opponent's max HP.

BTW, I'd be interested to see how nomad's special attack works now. Is it based on max const or current const?

The slayer update about being able to learn the special trait or whatever they call it, with the hammer, salt, etc: You still need the required item in your inventory but it will auto-kill it once it gets to 0 HP, meaning WITHOUT the requirement of the additional click. This DOES work with Range and Magic as well (from a distance) you DO NOT have to be standing next to the monster to kill it.

Edit: The "killing blows" ability.

So gargs/wrapped monsters should no longer be a pain in the [wagon], excellent.

11-1.jpg[

This update is pretty lame. If you compare the game now to back in 2004, almost everything has been revamped, and hitpoints were one of the last shreds of runescape in 2004 that we had left. The fact that Runescape only had a max of 99 hp, is what made the game unique to other mmo's because you'll find that hardly any other mmo has a max hp of under 100.

Ya I totally agree. I don't post much but I always liked runescape for what made it unique such as a non super complex game interface and playing style. This update only seems to complicate the game and confuse pkers and boss hunters for a while.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

This update is pretty lame. If you compare the game now to back in 2004, almost everything has been revamped, and hitpoints were one of the last shreds of runescape in 2004 that we had left. The fact that Runescape only had a max of 99 hp, is what made the game unique to other mmo's because you'll find that hardly any other mmo has a max hp of under 100.

Ya I totally agree. I don't post much but I always liked runescape for what made it unique such as a non super complex game interface and playing style. This update only seems to complicate the game and confuse pkers and boss hunters for a while.

If you think multiplying everything by ten is difficult, then you better go back to school mate.

11-1.jpg[