03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

For the people saying that this update opens the door for weapons that hit higher, IT DOESN'T. Since hitpoints and the max amount of damage you deal deal are both multiplied by the same ratio of 10, nothing changes.

You clearly didn't read the whole topic. Considering people have explained how it opens up the door for weapons that hit higher.

Care to explain? If the hitpoints and damage are multiplied using the same ratio, than essentially what we had before was the same, so this changes nothing. Simple logic.

As others have said, now that your constitution level and lifepoints bar are separate, we can have lifepoint boosting set effects or items like the constitution potion that will raise your max lifepoints.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, did they change the xp you get for doing 1 damage? or did they multiply all the xp you need by 10? if neither, you can expect me to be down at spiders grabbing loads of melee xp.

This is the only interesting question out of the hundreds of posts so far.

No offense.

pere_grin.png

This could be related with the next skill, somehow (considering no one really knows anything about the next skill, we will just have to wait and see).

This could just be the tip of the iceberg.

Dr_Brinner.png

I feel really sorry for the biestiary updaters on any fansite now, aswell as jard's awesome monster index. >.<

I cant wait to log in though, ive been waiting for this all day. :P

Me too.

Updating the main site may take a few days :mrgreen:

lalalasig2.png

I've already explained how attack/strength work to you.

Well I totally disagree with your explanation. Either way you can't prove your 'theory,' because afterall it is a theory as you do not work for Jagex. Therefore you do not know EXACTLY how it works.

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

Yes, but since LP is seperate from the skill, it could be boosted by items, set effects and other things in the future, it could add the possibility for more powerful items.

That's just grasping at straws to explain this change.

They could already have done that with the HP skill.

Sara brews already work like that.

Rocktails heal beyond your HP.

yay for 5th task block? waited a year for that one

jard y dooku what does the monster examine say about nomads hp level!!?!?!?!?!?

jard y dooku: its over 9.....ok u get the picture ill spare you

a_final_name.png

wholegamewindow1d.jpg

How does he have 99 hits with such low stats? does this mean there are gonna be new ways to level your hits skill without gaining any other xp? :blink:

no, jagex posts impossible pics to demonstrate their stuff. in the ingame pics, you use to be able to find dudes with lvl 1 in all stats and holding like 50m cash and a partyhat

pere_grin.png

Well I totally disagree with your explanation. Either way you can't prove your 'theory,' because afterall it is a theory as you do not work for Jagex. Therefore you do not know EXACTLY how it works.

Go read the KB.

Zerker_jane.png

Holy...

Check out the special attack article on the knowledge base. :P

Il post some pictures here, but they will dissapear later on:

http://www.runescape...special_attacks

dragon_longsword2a.jpgdragon_scimitar2a.jpgabyssal_whip1a.jpgdragon_2h_sword1a.jpgdragon_claws1a.jpgrod_of_ivandis1a.jpg

Here we see hits that are not in 10's.

Now that you mention it, those pictures cant be correct...

The dragon hits 100 on that dude with d claws. That would be 10 now. He cant be using super anti's since those nullify any damage taken by firebreath.

The other attacks are only like 14 and 16 aswell, which made me feel rather dumb for not realising it in the first place.

Yes, but since LP is seperate from the skill, it could be boosted by items, set effects and other things in the future, it could add the possibility for more powerful items.

However, Constitution potions can boost that boost even further, plus the fact that disease would become more deadly.

The new thing is that they can bring out items that boost your max HP without healing you, it is more flexible than before.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

wholegamewindow1d.jpg

How does he have 99 hits with such low stats? does this mean there are gonna be new ways to level your hits skill without gaining any other xp? :blink:

and slayer :blink:

Soul wars.

Woah, this is really cool actually, and I¨m thinking about WGS. If we could hit 100s after touching the Stone of Jas now we are gonna be able to hit 1000s?

That sounds awesome haha.

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

They can have an item that increases your cons level permanently (as long as you keep wearing it).

So 115/99 cons is 1150 life points. Then damage is taken from the 1150 number.

Zerker_jane.png

The rants forum has exploded...WoWScape? Death of RS? JaGex in a New World Order? Dear God little kiddies! It is not WoW because some numbers were changed to rebalance the combat triangle, make it more effiicient and detailed, RS is not dead and....a New World Order? Oh God, I'm glad idiots like those are leaving...

This is one of the most exciting updates I have seen in Runescape for a while. Runescape is one step closer to having a real combat system. I'm extremely happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

For the people saying that this update opens the door for weapons that hit higher, IT DOESN'T. Since hitpoints and the max amount of damage you deal deal are both multiplied by the same ratio of 10, nothing changes.

You clearly didn't read the whole topic. Considering people have explained how it opens up the door for weapons that hit higher.

Care to explain? If the hitpoints and damage are multiplied using the same ratio, than essentially what we had before was the same, so this changes nothing. Simple logic.

As others have said, now that your constitution level and lifepoints bar are separate, we can have lifepoint boosting set effects or items like the constitution potion that will raise your max lifepoints.

You sir, clearly do not get what i'm saying. They could have added all that when we had 99 hp, this doesn't change anything. Jesus, it's a constant ratio.

patr1ckotg1.png

humans also havent proven maxwell's equations yet because we're not gods

doesn't mean we can't make observations and intuitive inferences

it's not uncommon for games to run on DND systems like the dice roll

attack is commonly accepted to affect whether you hit or not, jagex may have even stated it explicitly at some point

sure you can't know for sure. But you SHOULD listen to 3hitmage, because chances are by far that he is correct

Naaxi.png

The new thing is that they can bring out items that boost your max HP without healing you, it is more flexible than before.

Yeah like he says those will heal you, but they will drop over time. They could add armour that gives +100 LP ect (+1 to constitution). which they could not really do with the old system as you would never be able to die. It just gives a lot more options.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

wholegamewindow1d.jpg

and slayer :blink:

Soul wars.

No.

Jagex.

lurifax.png

First of all. 266 people are reading thread! O.O

Secondly, I really like this Constitution thing. It goes more along the line of having health, instead of hit points, if that makes any sense. Fits a lot more into the MMO aspect of the game if you ask me.

Really awesome Jagex!

Big_Stingman.png